Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Does anyone even know where Lost Hex came from? Is it a planet that revolves Sonic's own? Is it even mentioned at all?

Also, after reading a lot of the gaming reviews both from professionals and from fans, it turns out that I am not the only one who thinks that some of the dialogue at points can be downright atrocious, and some people have been a lot nastier than I have been at the dialogue. Wow. Sometimes, I don't think the hate is justified. Sure it has it's cringy moments like "I'm gonna conquer your face, Eggman!" But...

P.S. I am coming at you bro. ;P

Edited by Scheming Minor

The machine is taking energy from the whole planet, no exceptions, there's no way to escape it, and they were there trying to keep the critters safe, remember? Even if they went to Angel Island, it would probably happen the same thing, only they're on Angel Island.

And besides, Im pretty sure the ARK is not an easy place to go now that everyone knows the place is hellbent on destroying the planet, Shadow only got there with the help of the Black Arms on Shadow the Hedgehog, and even then, you can clearly see there were lots of GUN troops guarding the place.

Again I highly doubt that there was "no way to escape it." Aside from the fact Angel Island has the ability to float above the planet and up into space, the power of the island and it's abilities is supplied by the Master Emerald, so it wouldn't be affected by the planet life energy-draining machine. As for protecting the critters, wouldn't it make sense to bring the animals with them onto the island? There wasn't a large group of them contained in the capsule.

Speaking of the animals, they were not in that scene when the machine started and Amy was telling Sonic what was happening, so staying behind to take care of the animals when there were no animals left at that point doesn't make sense, especially when Sonic after learning what was going on told both of them to get out of there and stay safe. Considering that Amy contacted Sonic the moment the machine started to sap energy from the planet, I'm sure they would have had plenty of time and life energy to at the very least move to a different location. If Amy had enough energy to contact Sonic on the Miles Electric twice and hold a conversation with him before the planet's energy was sucked out completely, surely they could have had enough time and energy to have gone somewhere else.

As for the ARK, IIRC it's abandoned most of the time, the GUN troops were there only because of the Black Arms's presence. It is only active/poses a threat if someone is in command of it's Eclipse Cannon, like how Eggman was threatening to use it to blow up the planet (and as a demonstration blew up half of the moon) in SA2 and how Shadow used it to destroy the Black Comet in Shadow the Hedgehog. Even the ARK's attempted colony drop onto the planet was only triggered by Eggman powering the Eclipse Cannon with all seven Chaos Emeralds.

Edited by Yeow the Baneful

Just got the third, fourth and fifth red star rings in the rail-grinding Lava Mountain stage. Wasn't as tricky as I thought it would be. The music in that stage is absolutely beautiful.

Which means I have only ONE red star ring left to find. it's the one In the Frozen factory snowball stage (the second pool-ball puzzle). It'S very hard. If you muck it up you immediately touch a checkpoint, so you can't just die and restart from the nearest checkpoint, you have to do the stage all over again which kind of sucks.

Edited by -Bender-

I did this final Frozen Factory Ring on my first try - but admittedly that was down to luck. :I It's a pain in the arse, just try and take it slow.

I just completed Hidden worlds 2, 3 and 4. They are weird which is okay. Nice to see Sonic Team like a bit of weird.

Hidden Worlds 1,2 and 3 were quite enjoyable. Hidden World 4 was err....a clever idea, I guess. Quite straightforward when you know what to do.

Edited by -Bender-

Sorry to double post.

What do you guys think of the Nightmare DLC? I just played and completed it. It's like a mini boss rush. Pretty much a re-skin of the normal bosses, but even easier! It's okay. Looks great and the music is nice, but it won't keep you interested for long. 

Edited by -Bender-

Last time, It was Eggman. This time...

vxlEA5O.png

Words cannot describe for Sonic's face. Not sure if this'll get the many likes that Eggman had

Dat face. Words cannot describe the smug...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=jENqqAJ9HE8

I really love those minor touches in this game! 

I cant even count how many derp faced expressions are in this game, Sega must have been smoking something while making this shit or somethin

Does anyone even know where Lost Hex came from? Is it a planet that revolves Sonic's own? Is it even mentioned at all?

Also, after reading a lot of the gaming reviews both from professionals and from fans, it turns out that I am not the only one who thinks that some of the dialogue at points can be downright atrocious, and some people have been a lot nastier than I have been at the dialogue. Wow. Sometimes, I don't think the hate is justified. Sure it has it's cringy moments like "I'm gonna conquer your face, Eggman!" But...

P.S. I am coming at you bro. ;P

It's a cartoon, of course it's gonna be cheesy.

So yep, I've now collected all of the red star rings. Very satisfying. 

I managed to get the final red star ring in Frozen Factory Zone 2 (the second pool-ball puzzle). I used the technique that Tracker suggested in the status updates:

The first section where you need to knock two balls down holes is easy.

The second section where you need to knock three balls down holes; I pressed the left stick (Wii U control pad) down hard (towards me). I also pressed the run button, and I angled the left stick to the left a little bit (whilst still holding it downwards). Sonic will knock the first ball in. He then automatically moves in the opposite direction to take the next ball (on his right). Then quickly angle the left stick left again to nab the third ball on Sonic's left..

Third section where you need to knock four balls down holes. I used the same technique:  I angled the left stick to the left a little bit. Sonic knocks in the first ball and automatically moves in the opposite direction to knock down the second ball (on your right). Then quickly angled the left stick left again so that Sonic knocks down the third ball. He will then automatically move to the right and knock down the fourth ball. 

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

So yep, I've now collected all of the red star rings. Very satisfying. 

I managed to get the final red star ring in Frozen Factory Zone 2 (the second pool-ball puzzle). I used the technique that Tracker suggested in the status updates:

The first section where you need to knock two balls down holes is easy.

The second section where you need to knock three balls down holes; I pressed the left stick (Wii U control pad) down hard (towards me). I also pressed the run button, and I angled the left stick to the left a little bit (whilst still holding it downwards). Sonic will knock the first ball in. He then automatically moves in the opposite direction to take the next ball (on his right). Then quickly angle the left stick left again to nab the third ball on Sonic's left..

Third section where you need to knock four balls down holes. I used the same technique:  I angled the left stick to the left a little bit. Sonic knocks in the first ball and automatically moves in the opposite direction to knock down the second ball (on your right). Then quickly angled the left stick left again so that Sonic knocks down the third ball. He will then automatically move to the right and knock down the fourth ball. 

Have fun with Super Sonic =D, I always wondered what boosting would be like in this game but I guess Super Sonic is the answer

Have fun with Super Sonic =D, I always wondered what boosting would be like in this game but I guess Super Sonic is the answer

If you hold down the spindash button then it is pretty much boosting like you said. Super Sonic is good fun. 

I mean if they were gonna cocktease us out of another Sonic vs Tails fight they could at least have made it really look like it was gonna happen again.

... Are you sure you want to be disappointed again?huh.png

... Are you sure you want to be disappointed again?huh.png

It was a disappointment either way, but the point is the scene of Robo-Tails reveal holds no conflict when that potential conflict has been resolved in advance.

It'd be like them showing us Wave planting the bomb on Sonic's Extreme Gear in Sonic Riders in the Hero Storyline, or showing Sonic about to use Chaos Control in the capsule of Sonic Adventure 2 before it exploded.

(Note: They did in fact do that in SA2 and it made the scene less dramatic).

It was a disappointment either way, but the point is the scene of Robo-Tails reveal holds no conflict when that potential conflict has been resolved in advance.

Wouldn't it have been more of a disappointment if they had this build up to a Sonic vs Tails fight again and then it turns out Tails was fine and turned on the Zeti anyways?

Edited by Briraka

Wouldn't it have been more of a disappointment if they had this build up to a Sonic vs Tails fight again and then it turns out Tails was fine and turned on the Zeti anyways?

A little, but I'd have at least enjoyed the "how are they gonna get out of this one!?" moment.

Not as much.

Yes, it would be quite disappointing to see another Sonic vs Tails Boss fight opportunity missed, but the sting isn't as painful. When I came back to the livestream after a quick break, I missed that cutscene. Seeing Tails as a robot shocked the shit out of me, and the drama got kicked up four hundred notches. To think that Zavok and the others did succeed in their plan to make a robot! It only made the turn around of Tails trolling them so much better. Disappointing in hindsight, but better.

Now that I know that he hacked the machine beforehand with that toothpick, the scene isn't as cool anymore. As opposed to seeing it  happen right before your eyes and the moment become awesome, it's almost completely unbearable to watch as you know what's to come. There isn't as much emotion as you know that Tails is faking it. If it was handled the same way as Eggman's supposed "death by lava," it would have been much more enjoyable.

It's a good guide for a magician: Reveal the secret behind the magic after the wow factor of it's display. If people already know how the trick works before they see it in front of them, they wouldn't be impressed.

• Thumbs Up 6

As a minor little pet peeve, was anyone else bothered that the trees back on earth had a surrealist design like the landscapes of Lost Hex?  I guess it doesn't really clash with past games since this is a planet where places like Green Hill co-exist with places like Rooftop Run, but I think it would have been a nice contrast to keep Earth looking like Earth for the couple of moments it appears.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not as much.

Yes, it would be quite disappointing to see another Sonic vs Tails Boss fight opportunity missed, but the sting isn't as painful. When I came back to the livestream after a quick break, I missed that cutscene. Seeing Tails as a robot shocked the shit out of me, and the drama got kicked up four hundred notches. To think that Zavok and the others did succeed in their plan to make a robot! It only made the turn around of Tails trolling them so much better. Disappointing in hindsight, but better.

But nothing came of it in the end, so why even bother having that reveal be such a shock in the first place?

If nothing came of it, and no tension is gained from it, why even have it happen at all?  It added conflict by having Sonic's stakes be raised for saving the day, but that had already been long done.  Tails could have just escaped instead of been turned into a robot and it would have added nothing to the story other than making the Deadly Six look like morons for running away from a couple of laser shots.

• Thumbs Up 1