Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

Tails was also pissy at Sonic for trusting Eggman after Tails TOLD Sonic to hear Eggman out. What's that all about?

When did Tails say to hear Eggman out, Tails  didn't say anything like that.

When did Tails say to hear Eggman out, Tails  didn't say anything like that.

He did. When Sonic wanted to go in and smash the machine, Tails was with Eggman on how bad the approach was.

He did. When Sonic wanted to go in and smash the machine, Tails was with Eggman on how bad the approach was.

That was because the last time Sonic rushed into a fight and attacked the first thing he saw, it ended with the Zeti taking over Eggman's Mechs and using said machine to suck the energy of the planet

• Thumbs Up 1

Even regardless of the problems with Tails being a super genius surpassing Eggman in intellect, I don't like how he went down in the latter part of the game at all. He's a kid, and he was kidnapped by a bunch of powerful villains intent on using him as a weapon against his best friend. But he just lies there all smug when they open the capsule, and reprograms the machine without a second thought.

What's Tails' weakness supposed to be, again?

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember, though, Tails knowing how to do one thing that Eggman doesn't know how to do is not indicative that Tails is technologically superior to Eggman in every aspect. Lost World even demonstrates this, with Tails's attempts to attach Cubot's head to a Crabmeat ending disastrously.

I never really interpreted Lost World as implying that Eggman is less intelligent than Tails. If anything, the two seem to be nearly matched, though with different areas of strength of course.

• Thumbs Up 2

I see in a different way, Tails is better at Jury-rigging stuff, while Eggman is superior at constructing stuff from the start, Tails enhanced Sonic's plane, but he never built it from scratch, Eggman builds all his space stations and armies from the zero, Tails said all the stuff he could do with mundane things, while being able to hack Eggman's computer would be easy, because the ones using it were the Zeti, they shouldn't know how to use it very well and probably just left the whole configurations of the operation opened for anyone to alter it, while on Eggman's Life sucking machine, all he did was jury-rig the machine so it would send the energy back, while Eggman couldn't do that because the machine had no ''give the energy back'' function and he had no means to make one at that point, the cutscene where Tails attaches Cubot's head to a Badnik shows this in spades, Eggman knows everything about his mechs, while Tails can jury-rig anything he makes..

That's more of Tails being annoyed with Sonic's foolish/simple thinking of just Smashing the machine will automatically be the answer to their problems. Tails was only agreeing with Eggman by nothing but coincidence, because Eggman only said what would happen after Sonic saying he'd just go and smash it. Tails already knew it was a bad idea, which is why he made the annoyed sigh in the 1st place.

Eggman's brawn is always beaten by Sonic, Knuckles, and occasionally even Tails. The idea that Tails makes him surpassed intellectually as well is a huge problem to me. I hate the fact that he's so hopelessly outmatched at this point.

If he's outmatched now, he wasn't any less outmatched before this game. I mean, he loses every time. No matter how smart he may be he always loses. And if that never made us doubt him, I don't see how having Tails be smarter than him once invalidates him.

Even regardless of the problems with Tails being a super genius surpassing Eggman in intellect, I don't like how he went down in the latter part of the game at all. He's a kid, and he was kidnapped by a bunch of powerful villains intent on using him as a weapon against his best friend. But he just lies there all smug when they open the capsule, and reprograms the machine without a second thought.

What's Tails' weakness supposed to be, again?

That he's not very strong?

You can glitch some of the bosses by defeating them too quickly as Super Sonic. Like, beating Zazz while the moon mech is still stuck to his hand. It looks pretty funny when all his usual animation play out with this yellow ball flailing about the screen.

I'm late I know but its something I noticed.

Zavok shares a voice actor with a certain puppeteer.

reliusastral_zpsf823fb38.png

zavokismad_zpsff2d47fa.png

So that's where Zavok gets it from!

That actually reminds me, regarding Zavok...

Roy_Mustang_using_flame_alchamy.jpg

oMcGqRw.png

Oh I'm sorry. Am I being too subtle?

Y'know, I really liked how Tails was a bit of a smarmy teenage brat in this game. It's not perfect, but it's excellent progress from his previous state of "no personality at all" that he's had for the past decade (save for Colors, to an extent).

Edited by Unknownlight
  • Thumbs Up 1

That he's not very strong?

Doesn't stop him from taking down warmachines on his own, so a lack of strength certainly doesn't hold him that far back.

Unless you guys can come up with a better name, I'm calling the final boss the Egg Energizer.

Egg Kaiser?

Woah, what's with those voices? It certainly sounds like Shadow. Not hearing Eggman though. And I don't recognised some of those voice clips either, like Zeena's "you ruin this dress and you'll pay". She's not even wearing a dress.

So Eggman wanted to borrow energy from the planet right? Just what kind of energy? Like they never really explained where the energy is comming from, just nebulous green energy.

So Eggman wanted to borrow energy from the planet right? Just what kind of energy? Like they never really explained where the energy is comming from, just nebulous green energy.

Considering Amy's comment on how everything is cold and dead without it, it's probably just the life energy of everything on the planet.

What I want to know is, what happened to the Chaos Emeralds in the story? Did Eggman get that burnt out from his constant failures involving them that he's seeking alternate sources of power?

Never explained? They clearly show that the machine he created is sucking the "Life" out of the planet, multiple times! They even show that it does indeed suck out all of its life energy with the 2nd to last cutscene that Amy's in.

Edited by Chrononego
  • Thumbs Up 2

Never explained? They clearly show that the machine he created is sucking the "Life" out of the planet, multiple times! They even show that it does indeed suck out all of its life energy with the 2nd to last cutscene that Amy's in.

Haha I guess so, it's just that we had an entire game dealing with a planet's energy in Unleashed that it seemed weird it had ANOTHER form of energy.