Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

I have finished the story. Now, let me deliver out my praise and my annoyance at aspects.

1. Absolutely loved the humor! The way Sonic doesn't show any fear of the Deadly Six is awesome and I think that's how it should stay.

2. At the same time, I like how they show Sonic almost on the edge of losing the will to go on, it seems, as it seems all his friends are dead or otherwise lost. I am definitely approving of his darker emotions being shown rather than him being happy go lucky all the time.

3. Now, a criticism. I disliked how predictable the Tails roboticization thing was. They don't try to obscure the fact he's going to become a robot, or the fact he's not even going to actually be under their control. They missed an opportunity for a twist there, I think. When I first saw Tails' resentment over how Sonic was treating him (thinking Eggman could do something Tails couldn't), I was anticipating sidekick rebellion, Tails getting captured and brainwashed, and then the two reconciling. Nothing came of it sadly. The two may be friends but... friends fight. That's just how it is, and eventually the two friends get back together and have an even stronger bond than before.

4. I like how we were actually shown the Badnik process, if nothing else. It was neat to actually see it in action for me; we've always known about the "animals are put into machines" process, but I can't remember ever seeing it on screen.

5. ...how the hell did Tails get those robotic parts off his body? I had anticipated that parts would actually be surgically attached, but it looks more like the Deadly Six just gave him some armor pieces and called that roboticization. That is not how roboticization works; even Sonic Underground did a better job than that. But hey, this makes me optimistic that maybe one day SEGA will have Eggman create actual Badnik suits for each of the characters... unlikely, but it would be nice to have Sonic forced to fight his own friends rather than copping out; third time's the charm, right?

6. Dear God that final boss is lazy. It's just Egg Nega Wisp merged with Egg Emperor or Dragoon. I anticipated Eggman would probably backstab you at the end since he always does so in every other game he teams up with you in (albeit in the next game), but I was hoping for something less linear.

7. With regards to controls, ditch anything related to the Gamepad screen. I am content to play with just buttons and joysticks; I don't want to encourage Nintendo's tendency to reinvent the wheel with gimmicks. I don't want to have to click the screen to use items (by the way those were bloody annoying with how many messages I got), make use of Wisps, or to go through tutorial sections.

Edited by Ogil.exe Maurice

I think it is ''All this effort, just to reach the one Zeti you cannot defeat. As Zor would say, how pointless.''

Wait, seriously? I thought it was "Hell awaits." But I guess this makes a lot more sense...

5. ...how the hell did Tails get those robotic parts off his body? I had anticipated that parts would actually be surgically attached, but it looks more like the Deadly Six just gave him some armor pieces and called that roboticization.

The thing is, the "bunnies to Badniks" process is different from roboticization. It makes sense that the parts would basically be strapped on since badniks are basically just little robots that you put animals inside. It's the same thing, but applied to one of the anthro characters for the first time...in this continuity. I don't think they could shove Tails into a Buzz Bomber, after all.

Plus part of the point in...badnikificating(??????) Tails was to make Sonic suffer, and if it was just a normal badnik, Sonic could just smash it and Tails'd be free. But as it was, he probably would have had to hurt Tails at least a little to get those parts off of him.

I don't want to have to click the screen to use items (by the way those were bloody annoying with how many messages I got)

You can turn that off in the options, I believe.

On another note, I find it funny (and a tiny bit sad) that the "He's so upbeat I wanna beat him up" line was at a point in the story where Sonic...wasn't cheerful, at all. Unless Zor meant all the upbeat in-game voice clips (Sonic is really enthusiastic about going through checkpoints it's kind of adorable). Said voice clips also become rather depressing later on in the game if you interpret it as a case of Stepford Smiler.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I've been messing about in stages with Super Sonic, and I like how he kind of has the boost, and the Parkour. If they tweaked the boost mechanic, or maybe revert it back to what we had, a Boost/Parkour game could work, if they but a cap on the boost so the Parkour isn't overshadowed.

But I do like using Super Sonic in this game, it's quite fun. Though, I have a question. Am I the only one to get this weird bug on his spikes with them messing up sometimes (during parkour, or when using large springs, jumping on clouds?) They look as if they weren't animated properly at these points.

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor

You mean where his spikes look like regular Sonic? That's not a bug. It's just the way he's animated. Pause the game to get a better look, and you'll see that his spikes curl upwards slightly instead of point upwards (sort of like in the Adventure games, but they don't go outwards) during those times. Not sure why. It's hard to tell and just reminds me of all the times in S2/3/K when he was just a yellow Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they just didn't animate all of his actions. They have stuff like his idle pose and running animation, but a lot of them seem to just be Super Sonic using Sonic's animations

Let's not also forget that Super Sonic has two mouths:

3lcp.png

Regular Sonic only has one, and I don't think it swaps sides ala Unleashed/Gens.

Edited by Blue Blood

Let's not also forget that Super Sonic has two mouths:

3lcp.png

Well, at least he's able to eat two chili dogs at once now. :)

Seriously, they should patch this. It looks positively ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 3

The mouth looked awful in Generations, and it looks awful now.

Lipstick!

It's what I thought in Generations, and it's still the case now. His mouth looked fine in Unleashed, without the dark colouring.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Finsihed the game last night and was very happily surprised to find that hidden 8th World. I love those levels in how they just basically said "We had some ideas that we're not sure you'll like or not and couldn't fit into the main game. Here' try this and see if you like it." I love it! It's a little box of gaming chocolate after you finish the main game.

BTW, is there a "?" level in every world? I've only found two so far. If so, how do I unlock them? Circus?

• Thumbs Up 1

Finsihed the game last night and was very happily surprised to find that hidden 8th World. I love those levels in how they just basically said "We had some ideas that we're not sure you'll like or not and couldn't fit into the main game. Here' try this and see if you like it." I love it! It's a little box of gaming chocolate after you finish the main game.

BTW, is there a "?" level in every world? I've only found two so far. If so, how do I unlock them? Circus?

Ehh, Hidden World is like a box of chocolates with only fruit creme centres.  No nuts or caramel, pfft.

Anyway no those are the only two ? levels, strangely.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehh, Hidden World is like a box of chocolates with only fruit creme centres.  No nuts or caramel, pfft.

Anyway no those are the only two ? levels, strangely.

...Fruit creme sounds kinda delicious.

Hidden World is great for what it is. I only wish that that the rest of the worlds weren't littered with gimmick stages too. I wouldn't have minded a tornado stage in between each world. The one in HW2 was actually really fun.

Just the stage order of Hidden World irks me.  If they just moved HW2 to the end it would have felt better structured as a set of post-game reward levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah it baffles me that they thought all those other gimmick stages were fine but put the tornado stage, a mini-game that lots of people probably wouldn't have even minded, in the hidden world. I would have taken that over Sky Road Zone 3 any day. Or hell, they could have put it in Desert Ruins instead, since it would actually make sense in the context of the story with them just flying off in the fixed plane. I'd honestly rather have had that instead and put Desert Ruins Zone 2 in the hidden world, since the tornado stage would have actually made sense instead of just "And now for something completely different!"

Also can I just say I love how Aaron Webber promised there would be explanations for all this random shit like the giant honeycombs and the candy void and the snowball rolling around giant pool tables, yet there were no such explanations fin the actual game. Did he just not have full access to the story and assumed this stuff, or were people right in thinking the story was left unfinished?

Yeah it baffles me that they thought all those other gimmick stages were fine but put the tornado stage, a mini-game that lots of people probably wouldn't have even minded, in the hidden world. I would have taken that over Sky Road Zone 3 any day. Or hell, they could have put it in Desert Ruins instead, since it would actually make sense in the context of the story with them just flying off in the fixed plane. I'd honestly rather have had that instead and put Desert Ruins Zone 2 in the hidden world, since the tornado stage would have actually made sense instead of just "And now for something completely different!"

Also can I just say I love how Aaron Webber promised there would be explanations for all this random shit like the giant honeycombs and the candy void and the snowball rolling around giant pool tables, yet there were no such explanations fin the actual game. Did he just not have full access to the story and assumed this stuff, or were people right in thinking the story was left unfinished?

Pretty sure it was just PR crap.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the same company/group of people who engineered the clusterfuck that was the Sonic 4 PR.

Are you really surprised?

He might have met something else.

Beat the Omochao mission earlier where you have to fight the final boss without taking damage. The other mission descriptions of this sort have all revealed the Deadly Six's names (often for the first time in-game) and the final boss is no exception. I can now reveal that the game refers to the final boss as...

Dr Eggman.

Can't say I'm surprised, but a bit of originality would have been nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

He might have met something else.

There isn't exactly much room for misinterpretation when somebody says "you see that weird out of place thing there, that'll be explained later." Multiple times.

Dr Eggman.

Can't say I'm surprised, but a bit of originality would have been nice.

Nega Emperor Armor? tongue.png

I'm amazed that they didn't throw in some sort of name, given that practically every mech ever has one. I'm starting to wonder what went on when developing Lost World; I wouldn't say it was rushed but it looks like they neglected a few details here or there.

I've finally beaten all of the Omochao missions in the Wii U version - and beating them all gets you this reward:

A big sparkly... uhh... nothing?

Okay, well that's what it showed for me, anyway. I'm assuming it's the Gold Omochao RC due to the sparkles and the big empty space where it normally shows off an item you've received, but as I already have the Gold Omochao thanks to the ShopTo pre-order bonus... it didn't show up again.

Which also means if you pre-ordered at ShopTo, there's zero point in beating all the Omochao missions aside from bragging rights.

I've finally beaten all of the Omochao missions in the Wii U version - and beating them all gets you this reward:

A big sparkly... uhh... nothing?

Okay, well that's what it showed for me, anyway. I'm assuming it's the Gold Omochao RC due to the sparkles and the big empty space where it normally shows off an item you've received, but as I already have the Gold Omochao thanks to the ShopTo pre-order bonus... it didn't show up again.

Which also means if you pre-ordered at ShopTo, there's zero point in beating all the Omochao missions aside from bragging rights.

I finished all of the missions not too long ago and the same thing happened to me.

Not sure why we’re using spoiler tags, but okay!

The game said something along the lines of “Here’s your present!”, but I didn't notice anything different. It made me think there was something wrong with the game until I just assumed it was 1-ups since I already had 99 lives on me. It can’t be the Golden Omochao either since I have the Sonic one instead; it would have given it to me if that was the case.