Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

I finished all of the missions not too long ago and the same thing happened to me.

Not sure why we’re using spoiler tags, but okay!

The game said something along the lines of “Here’s your present!”, but I didn't notice anything different. It made me think there was something wrong with the game until I just assumed it was 1-ups since I already had 99 lives on me. It can’t be the Golden Omochao either since I have the Sonic one instead; it would have given it to me if that was the case.

Oh yeah I forgot we could just talk about stuff freely here :lol: I guess it's just something that no one's really mentioned yet so I didn't want to spoil the surprise.

Well if it's not the Gold Omochao or the Sonic Omochao... or 1-ups, because I didn't have the full 99 lives when I beat the last mission and didn't get any extra ones... then what the hell did it do? The game actively makes a point of "rewarding" you for beating all the missions, yet aside a few little sparkly dots, it appears to have literally given us... nothing?

I am so confused.

Oh wow, I have to say that that sounds hilarious.  Not only is your reward nothing, it even puts sparkles on the nothing to make it look grandiose!

Oh wow, I have to say that that sounds hilarious.  Not only is your reward nothing, it even puts sparkles on the nothing to make it look grandiose!

I wish I could go back and get a photo of it but I was so confused I quickly jumped into the menus to see what I'd actually unlocked. Seriously, if anyone else clears all the missions, grab your camera quick! The world need to see this.

I just... I don't even know what happened... I know this game doesn't like explaining anything to you but this is just ridiculous. This isn't just a random gameplay mechanic, this is something I've earned. And I wanna know what I've earned, thank you very much!

The idea of it literally just being a sparkly nothing though is kinda hilarious, even if it a huge troll and waste of time.

Sorry if anyone has asked this all ready but, do you get anything for:

A. S ranking all time attacks.

B. Completing all of the missions.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if anyone has asked this all ready but, do you get anything for:

A. S ranking all time attacks.

B. Completing all of the missions.

Thanks in advance.

A. No

B. This is what we've just been discussing actually - you do get something... but that's exactly the problem, no one seems to know what that something is... aside from a sparkly nothing...

Has anyone beaten both the Wii U and 3DS versions?

Iizuka said there was a special surprise for those who had both versions... was he just partaking in normal salesman BS, or is there an actual treat for those who have both?

You guys are making it sound like what happens when you get all the gems on Crash 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOLnin8JfuE

Fireworks on the screen for five seconds, YAY

What happens is that it says "MISSION COMPLETE!" followed by something like "Here's your present!"... and underneath is the space where you'd usually see an item you've just received from beating a mission or through Miiverse or whatever... and it's just an empty space where something clearly should be and it's just sparkling. It really does look like they forgot to put the image on for whatever you unlock but left on the sparkly overlay effect. And because nothing obvious about the game has changed upon checking in the menus or even in levels... there's absolutely no idea what has been earned. Unless it literally was a few measly sparkles.

I really wish I could re-unlock it to show everyone what I mean, but no way am I restarting a save file from scratch.

Has anyone beaten both the Wii U and 3DS versions?

Iizuka said there was a special surprise for those who had both versions... was he just partaking in normal salesman BS, or is there an actual treat for those who have both?

I've beaten both versions and there's no obvious "surprise" between them.

He must just mean you can unlock new RC vehicles via the 3DS version that you can't otherwise obtain (at least not very easily) on the Wii U version. I don't think you can get any of the Omochao RC vehicles excluding the pre-order ones without linking up both versions.

I'll actually drop the stop motion stuff I'm experimenting with to try and blow through these missions tonight and see what happens. I'll have the camera ready for some potato-vision evidence if I make it.

I'll actually drop the stop motion stuff I'm experimenting with to try and blow through these missions tonight and see what happens. I'll have the camera ready for some potato-vision evidence if I make it.

I really am annoyed at not taking a picture of it, it's the weirdest thing and I'm trying to remember exactly what it looked like to explain it properly... I keep feeling like I've missed something obvious and I'm going to look like a right idiot once someone else comes along with visual proof, but joy of joys, I can't ever see it again without redoing the entire game laugh.png

EDIT: For reference, there's 100 missions in the game, just so you can track your progress!

Okay I'm seriously starting to think SEGA rushed this game before its release. Are you serious? You literally earn nothing?  How the fuck do you overlook something like that?

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay I'm seriously starting to think SEGA rushed this game before its release. Are you serious? You literally earn nothing?  How the fuck do you overlook something like that?

As I say, I may well have missed something because I skipped over it quickly out of confusion and surprise, but whatever you unlock it's certainly not very obvious as to what it is.

Didn't Iizuka say that this game took nearly two years to develop? That doesn't sound rushed.

Yet Generations took like 3 years and you could tell several aspects of it were also rushed

Didn't Iizuka say that this game took nearly two years to develop? That doesn't sound rushed.

The actual time it took to develop doesn't matter. If they put things together sloppily to reach a deadline on time instead of taking as much time as they needed, it's rushed.

Seems like it's good I didn't go with making a whole topic about game being rushed or not. So far we got following rather obvious symptoms:

• The final boss's laser attack;
  • Double mouthed Super Sonic;
  • Apparently a transparent sparkly thing as mission 100%-ing reward.

These are more questionable:

• Bad explaining of everything (apparently some devs do tutorials last, which sometimes makes sense);
  • No "second step" in unlocking Chaos Emeralds - apart from 8-bit games and those with story-related-Emeralds, I cannot remember anything like this;
  • "?" Zones in 2 worlds - worst possible count, would make more sense to put these in Hidden World;
  • Wisps - while use of them is trivial, what hints at crunch time is the fact some have normal controls and some not;
  • Credits music goof; also, "compilation of cutscenes" credits - seems like simplest thing to do ever;
  • Subtitles limited to cutscenes;
  • Critter based lock-outs, comboed with a workaround.

Also of note is the fact that the game has all reasons to be rushed, as other stuff (first, next-gen consoles, then Mario on Wii U) is releasing soon, and release after Christmas is supposedly a market equivalent of suicide.

Okay, so what I got wrong factually, and what is/shouldn't/isn't a symptom of rushing the game now?

I really wouldn't be surprised if SEGA released a massive title update adding stuff or whatever.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do anything at all. Could go either way.

At the very least, a cutscene viewer would be nice. That can't be hard to program into a patch, surely?

I don't think the game was rushed per say but, say Sega had 3 to 5 more months to work on it and they could have made a special "All S-Ranks, 100 missions complete" unlockable like... Hyper... nah, not like any one has been asking for that or anything.

#doitsega

Seems like it's good I didn't go with making a whole topic about game being rushed or not. So far we got following rather obvious symptoms:

• Subtitles limited to cutscenes;

And the fact there's no cutscene viewer. Seriously, what the fuck? Even Unleashed still had it so you could view them, though you had to collect them in-level.

I really wouldn't be surprised if SEGA released a massive title update adding stuff or whatever.

I can smell the paid DLC already!

At the very least, a cutscene viewer would be nice. That can't be hard to program into a patch, surely?

The cutscene files are already in game so all they'd need is a simple interface to retrieve them. I don't think they're going to do an update, but who knows, maybe they can prove us wrong...

I mean seriously, if they're limiting us to one save file, they better work to make sure that single save file does all it can.

Just seen this posted on Miiverse regarding beating all of the missions:

ich habe alle 100 missionen im spiel geschafft und das spiel sagt dann herzlichen glückwunsch alle missionen geschafft hier ist dein geschenk nur habe ich kein geschenk bekommen ich weiß nicht wieso

http://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADbUgNpjX3-_w

Which, when translated from German to English, reads as follows...

I've done all 100 missions in the game and the game then says congratulations all missions done here is your gift only I got no gift I do not know why

Sadly the user didn't get a screenshot of it, but it's good to know this seems to be the case for everyone and not just me being crazy.

So then it would seem that the prize was in fact the 'Rare' Golden Omochao gadget. Way to go, SEGA.