Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

So then it would seem that the prize was in fact the 'Rare' Golden Omochao gadget. Way to go, SEGA.

Except it can't be - if you look back at the previous page, user GreatAndPowerful states that they had the same thing happen to them but they don't have the Gold Omochao RC, rather they have the Sonic one.

So unless it's a region-specific thing... I dunno. It looks like it literally does give you nothing. Way to troll, SEGA.

We need someone without any pre-order DLC to test this out and get some visual evidence so everyone can finally understand what the hell I'm on about :lol:

• Thumbs Up 3

I have yet to use my pre order DLC, so it looks like I'll also be giving this a go. Can't wait to unlock sparkles.

I wonder if this is a genuine bug they will patch.  Reminds me of the glitch on Sonic Unleashed where unless you installed DLC containing a patch, you cannot recieve an art book reward from one of the NPCs, or something along those lines.

I wonder if this is a genuine bug they will patch.  Reminds me of the glitch on Sonic Unleashed where unless you installed DLC containing a patch, you cannot recieve an art book reward from one of the NPCs, or something along those lines.

I really hope it's something they can fix, because as it is it's just downright perplexing.

I'd actually have been more content if it literally just said "Well done!" for clearing all the missions and leaving it at that. I'd have felt a bit cheated, but at least I'd know where I stand. But the fact it actually makes an effort to say "Here's your present/gift/whatever the exact wording was!" and then shows you a blank albeit sparkly space underneath... it really feels like something is missing, or it's a massive oversight that they should have removed entirely.

It's commentary on how people spend too much of their lives trying to accomplish something in videogames. Sure, you completed all the missions, and what did you win? Absolutely nothing, because it's just a videogame and nothing of value was accomplished.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's commentary on how people spend too much of their lives trying to accomplish something in videogames. Sure, you completed all the missions, and what did you win? Absolutely nothing, because it's just a videogame and nothing of value was accomplished.

That's pretty much why I stopped 100% games

Hmm. Boost is only for Super Sonic? I like that idea. Something broken like that given to the supposedly game breaker Super Sonic is nice. now if only they could give me a Hyper Sonic with more power... and seizures.

I wouldn't mind Boost being a Super Sonic only thing from now on.

Hmm. Boost is only for Super Sonic? I like that idea. Something broken like that given to the supposedly game breaker Super Sonic is nice. now if only they could give me a Hyper Sonic with more power... and seizures.

I wouldn't mind Boost being a Super Sonic only thing from now on.

Super Sonic's boost is just the same as Sonic's spindash (which si fairly similar to the boost) without having to be charged. I'm not sure if it's even at all faster.

Wait... there... is... a... HARD... MODE... DOES THIS GAME EVER END! Gotta go S-rank. See you in 4 months.

P.S. How do you get the last Red Ring in Windy Hill Act 1 for the 3DS version?

P.S. How do you get the last Red Ring in Windy Hill Act 1 for the 3DS version?

Collect the Asteroid Wisp by taking the upper route of the wall running segment near the end.  Activate it when the giant Caterkiller starts chasing you and make sure to suck up as many little Totem Pole things as possible.  When you reach maximum size (purple spiky halo around Sonic), you can shloop up the Caterkiller.  The Red Ring is inside it.

Okay, so after a bit more playtime, I can now confirm that completing the Omochao missions is not how you unlock any of the Omochao RC gadgets in the Wii U version. Instead, you get them for collecting animals. I believe it's around the 26000 mark that you start unlocking Omochao - basically the first milestone after unlocking all of the other RC gadgets. My advice is just to play the Circus minigames over and over again as you can get hundreds of animals within the space of a couple of minutes.

So, there's 5 Omochao to collect, and we already know two of them - the Gold Omochao and the Sonic Omochao, both of which can be unlocked in any copy of the game, pre-order bonus or not. And naturally, the first Omochao is just your basic run of the mill one. But what of the other two?

Well, say hello to... Knuckles Omochao and Tails Omochao!

2u600mt.jpg

dgmh6t.jpg

Aren't they just adorable? adorably creepy more like

Oh, and of course, here's Sonic Omochao as proof you can unlock him in the European version - and on the right you can see all of the unlocked Omochao.

11kvxad.jpg

You unlock them in this order, each at 1000 animal intervals: Omochao -> Knuckles Omochao -> Tails Omochao -> Sonic Omochao -> Gold Omochao. As I already had the Gold Omochao, my one upgraded to the 2-star level, much like when you unlock one of the RC gadgets that you already have via a mission, it levels up (and I imagine the same would happen for the Sonic Omochao for those who got that as a pre-order bonus). I tested to see what happens if you continue collecting animals and it simply starts levelling up all of your other RC gadgets one by one, so that's how to get everything up to max level.

The conclusion to all this? I still have no freaking idea what beating all of the missions unlocked. But at least I have all the RC gadgets now. Yay?

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus I didn't know this game had a complicated fucking subsystem with all these gadgest that you'll probably never use.

I have to say I had no interest in the RC vehicles because, correct me if I'm wrong, all they do is make the game easier as oppose to more interesting.  They do stuff for you that you can do yourself.  I never used them once on Wii U and whenever I was given one due to dying lots on 3DS I cancelled it away if I hit the capsule by accident.

Anyway, I now totally ship Tails Omochao and Tails Doll.  Creepy robo-foxes unite.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have to say I had no interest in the RC vehicles because, correct me if I'm wrong, all they do is make the game easier as oppose to more interesting.  They do stuff for you that you can do yourself.  I never used them once on Wii U and whenever I was given one due to dying lots on 3DS I cancelled it away if I hit the capsule by accident.

Yeah they're pretty useless on Wii U and, unlike the 3DS version, only ever appear in co-op. For the most part they're just there so a second player can attack enemies and collect rings for Sonic. I've only bothered unlocking them because they're a neat little "collectible" (though I'd much rather have concept art or music or cutscenes or anything else).

Thinking about it though, doesn't the fact that you can unlock every RC gadget in the Wii U version kinda make the Wii U/3DS transfer system... y'know, a bit obsolete? There's pretty much no reason to own both versions whatsoever, at least not for any sense of 'completeness'.

Well the RC vehicles are more for kids that aren't so great at games. They're easily entertained and have a blast playing the game, and you get to watch without screaming at them to stop running into enemies and bottomless pits blindly

It's hardly one of the defining features of the game, but I think it was a nice addition for what it was worth

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I can appreciate who they're aimed at.  Just a shame that the item and RC gadget system is literally all the game has to offer in terms of unlockables other than Super Sonic, which I now consider something I can take for granted in each game (though would not be bothered by his absence).

Jesus I didn't know this game had a complicated fucking subsystem with all these gadgest that you'll probably never use.

It's not that complicated from the user viewpoint. Get more critters, you'll get more/better gadgets. The number is managable as well, given the circus minigame. It's not like you need to get 1 million of animals and the game teases you about it.

EDIT: Regarding JezMM's question about credits' music goof. The Wii U version uses "the title theme" variation of Windy Hill during credits. Meanwhile, 3DS version uses a special variation, self-claimed "Credits Ver.", with a Green Hill reminiscent interlude and some kind of closure. Most people claim this is something that Wii U devs didn't get time to put in, but I'm not really sure about it; "Credits Ver." sounds a little lackluster. Neverthless, you don't do such stuff without expecting people to raise questions.

Edited by stan423321

This is the closest I'll ever get to having a legitimate Knuckles or Tails Chao, I guess.

>knuckles gets priority over amy for character-themed omochao

>appears in a few cutscenes during the actual storyline as paid lip service to the fans

Hmm. So the Omochaos aren't the reward for completing all missions and going off of Doctor's screenshot  he has all of the R/C gadgets. The question is whether or not he had all those gadgets before completing all missions. If he did then there has to be a unique reward, unless they took the cheap way out and gave us something like a fully powered up bomb wisp.

Hmm. So the Omochaos aren't the reward for completing all missions and going off of Doctor's screenshot  he has all of the R/C gadgets. The question is whether or not he had all those gadgets before completing all missions. If he did then there has to be a unique reward, unless they took the cheap way out and gave us something like a fully powered up bomb wisp.

I didn't have all of the gadgets before completing the missions, no. But completing the missions didn't give me any new ones either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I got my Tails Doll Omachao, so I'm happy.  It's far creepier than it would be if they'd actually tried to make it creepy.

I didn't have all of the gadgets before completing the missions, no. But completing the missions didn't give me any new ones either.

Curious, like I said I'm still getting through the missions. Once I get the congratulations screen I'll take a miiverse photo and link it here.