Awoo.

Spoiler Topic [Warning - Untagged Discussion]

Carbo

The only name that really bugs me is Tropical Coast - not because it's bad or anything, just because it's bound to easily get confused with Tropical Resort.

It won't be as confusing as talking about Lost World, from Sonic Adventure, instead of Sonic Lost World.

Now I think about it, a lot of elements from that level are in this game.

It won't be as confusing as talking about Lost World, from Sonic Adventure, instead of Sonic Lost World.

Now I think about it, a lot of elements from that level are in this game.

If this game really is taking cues from the Adventure level, then the final boss will involve a chase sequence away from a goodness gracious great ball of fire

With this as the final boss music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IjgZGhHrYY

Well. More Spanish Gameplay, but this time, of both versions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNtdBPZNT_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W79EIbca4XY

Just look at that beauty...

EDIT: AAAANND MOVED!!

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh thank God, the 3DS version has a map screen.

I thought they'd pull another Generations and just have a menu as your level select thing.

• Thumbs Up 6

You young whippersnappers, complaining about level names

Back in my day we just had Worlds 1 through 8 and we were happy about it

Brilliant! You said it right there!

Well guys, this means one of two things:

One, an 8th zone has been all but confirmed. See how there are 9 menu spaces? 8 Zones and the Tails Lab.

Two: There are only 7 zones, and the other empty space is just a hub to house the Special Stages.

Let's hope it's the former.

Well. More Spanish Gameplay, but this time, of both versions!   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNtdBPZNT_k   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W79EIbca4XY   Just look at that beauty...   EDIT: AAAANND MOVED!!
Huh, no opening cutscene or intro in the 3DS version? Disappointing.

Well, the player has already made it to Desert Ruins so far, so the opening cutscene has already played for them.

Maybe he already unlocked it. There was a ranking on the Zazz boss, the 3 Acts, and the Tutorial prior to him going into the tutorial.

EDIT: Espio'd.

Edited by Zavok

The player has already finished the first few levels, so he's likely already encountered them.

EDIT: Double Espio'd

Edited by Indigo Rush

Didn't Sonic Paradise say something about there not gonna be a map screen?

So it's three zones and that world's boss for each world, no extra zones in that world in sight.

So it's three zones and that world's boss for each world, no extra zones in that world in sight.

Take a look at the Act 2 picture.

We're talking the 3DS version, right?

The numbers were probably staggered, because of the existence of "Windy Hill Tutorial"

I'm thinking it's:

1 - Tutorial

2 - 1

3 - 2

4 - 3

It'd be safe to assume that the other worlds would just go back to being numbered 1, 2, 3, 4.

Or I could be completely wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure if this been posted or not, but someone uploaded the Spanish cutscenes with English subtitles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJuPuWbq90U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjPR57z4DXk

I love being a spoiling asshole.

Edited by KaBlamJamDan

You young whippersnappers, complaining about level names

Back in my day we just had Worlds 1 through 8 and we were happy about it

Excuse me, I've been listening to your conversation about the level names and I feel I should step in here.... I was more level named deprived than all of you put together.

SSMB: Sorry who are you?

Oh sorry... Commodore 64 era, our levels went up in 1's and they didn't have 'level' or 'world' and then when we got too far, the games crashed because it cost too much data to load certain numbers, and then the levels name changed to a mass of shapes!

*sits back in his rocking chair and thinks about the good old days

• Thumbs Up 4

i3xuaf.png

Actually... about this. I was meaning to say it the other day but forgot. That machine, the one grabbing the animals. I could be wrong... buuuut... I'm sure that this is a reference/homage to something from science fiction. I'm sure the design of that machine is in an old science fiction movie.

Now I want to say War of the Worlds, just because of the scene when they're in the water and the tripod picks them up. But it's not that, I can't put my finger on what it is, but I'm sure I've seen a design very much like it in an old sci fi movie.

Edit: Actually... I might be thinking of this.

300px-Superman_War_of_the_Worlds.jpgi3xuaf.png

Hmmm maybe... it's not copied from that but... you can see why I thought it was that. Though for some reason I think theres a movie with a machine very much like the badnik maker in... something.

The guy has played some levels already. look at the ranks at the bottoms screen, I see an S and B rank with times.

Orbot and Cubot getting picked up by those arms kind of reminds me of C-3PO in Attack of the Clones. Not exactly a sci-fi classic, I guess...

I can't believe I missed this. This literally put the biggest and dumbest smile on my face. When was the last time we had a proper bonus level like that? Sonic & Knuckles?!

I freakin' love that big band jazzy music they're using here. a trillion times better than Carnival Night Zone

In fact, I love the use of jazz music in general. I'm so tired of generic rock, I'm happy that they're exploring a more diverse musical library. I know this isn't the first time they've stepped outside of the rock genre for 3D games, but I just wanted to reflect on that.

EDIT: Translated that menu pop-up:

"touch the trampoline and slide left and right to move"

Okay y'all, for realsies: I'm totally okay with that use of the Gamepad.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Well guys, this means one of two things:

One, an 8th zone has been all but confirmed. See how there are 9 menu spaces? 8 Zones and the Tails Lab.

Two: There are only 7 zones, and the other empty space is just a hub to house the Special Stages.

Let's hope it's the former.

It could be the Super Sonic stage

Wanted to point this out real quick, the Tropical Coast type underwater stage thats actual Lava Mountain is based off Underwater Volcanoes

And im so hyped for Sky Road & Lava Mountain, them zones look dangerous but badass (-⚫.⚫)

Well, I just got my copy of the Sonic Lost World prequel comic. Info in spoiler tag.

• Seems like Amy and Knuckles are actually on Earth. Sonic asked Knuckles to stay with Amy and asked Tails to come with him. 
  • Eggman calls the Spongebob magic conch  shell he use "The exceedingly rare, and completely worth it, Cacophonic Conch."
  • After Zavok takes over Eggman badniks, he says "It's been some time since I got to play with someone else's machines. Very creative designs." I wonder who else machines he took over before Eggman came along...