Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

Ryuko and Senketsu is like Venom if the symbiote was nicer, I suppose

incidentally I liked Ryuko's wolverine claws

It makes me wonder if Junketsu is sentient like Senketsu, or is he just a wild beast that Satsuki controls.

But yea, shout outs to Ryuuko decking that bitch.

• Thumbs Up 1

It makes me wonder if Junketsu is sentient like Senketsu, or is he just a wild beast that Satsuki controls.

If her Transformation is anything to go by, Junketsu seems to be one of the "un-controllable monster" kamui Tsumugu is talking about, but Satsuki is literally strong and level headed enough to keep a leash on it, so I don't think Junketsu is Sentient like Senketsu but more so just wants to destroy everything the moment Satsuki let's her guard down.

But yea, shout outs to Ryuuko decking that bitch.

The latter.

Junketsu is more powerful than Senketsu. Senketsu has far more stamina and drains lesser blood though, allowing him to last longer in a fight. Junketsu is basically a Glass Cannon while Senketsu is a Stone Wall. Junketsu also requires three needles to absorb blood and is a lot more feral, having to be restricted anytime it isn't worn by Satsuki.

Of course, this might be simply because of Satsuki's personality and finding the notion of having to bond with a Kamui on a personal level absurd, as for her it's just another tool to utilize in her petty conquest.

If Nui's conversation with Ragyo is anything to go by, it's strongly implied that Satsuki will eventually lose control over Junketsu, and that Ragyo wants to see it happen.

Man, I was actually surprised how well Ryuko held her own against Satsuki wearing transformed Junketsu. She was able to keep pace and parry her sword attacks and everything! I think she's stronger without Senketsu then she lets on...

Anyway, great episode. Loved seeing Ryuko actually pull out some new tricks and use her head to fight Satsuki to a draw, no basically a win considering that could have been the end of Satsuki had Ryuko not done the "hold the sword a few inches away from flesh" thing and just slashed her. Really good stuff. 

Some interesting things seem to be happening next episode. Senketsu is pretty nerved from something they're told, and Ragyo seems to be appearing again, but it looks to be more serious than ever.

So, I read a summary on /a/ because Crunchyroll delayed the subs again because they're assholes. I'll just note two things:

-Life Fibers are aliens and all of REVOCS clothes have dormant Fibers in them. Nudist Beach was created to stop Ragyo from activating them

-The Cultural Festival is coming, and Satsuki is very unsettled about it

Actually the reason why the dubbing is delayed all over is there was a production issue with the episode, and it's airing 12 hours later than normal.

Actually the reason why the dubbing is delayed all over is there was a production issue with the episode, and it's airing 12 hours later than normal.

But why does Daisuki have it available in German, Portuguese, French, and Spanish?

I don't know, but no one has it in English at all yet, and it's normally up by now everywhere, probably got it late due to the late airing.

Daisuki must be pretty on the ball people to have it translated so soon.

Well, Underwater just released their subs so, to comment on what you said Soniko, even if the episode aired later than usual, why does Crunchyroll take so long to release it when Underwater released it at least 2-3 hours earlier? They should instead release it when it's ready as I have seen the simulcast quality, and it's pretty bad.

So yeah…that Purify scene was a thing….Im probably not gonna get that off my mind for awhile….Cuz damn.

Hot damn that was a pretty hot episode, and it explains so much finally.

"Aliens"

Hahaha.

Tsumugu is starting to annoy me now though ugh, but it was also nice to see Satsuki's boobs, moans toll from her battles, Junketsu was literally feeding off her in the chopper, as I predicted he can only be tamed for so long before he sucks Satsuki dry, needless to say Ryuko is getting obnoxiously cliché with the whole "Senketsu shouldn't have to fight, he's not just a weapon he's my friend!" crap though.

It seems Nui is going to be in the next episode, setting up for another fight maybe? They still don't really explain Nui's point or origins either though, hopefully soon, along with a schooling from Ryuko.

Was also nice to see Satsuki falter and wince, she's always seemed so unbeatable and unscathed, it's nice to see that Ryuko is finally putting the strain on her.

Finally, dat purifying scene... Wincest <3

Ok ok, I couldn't resist...

tumblr_n095zixZOn1s2r6ijo1_500.png

tumblr_n095zixZOn1s2r6ijo2_500.png

• Thumbs Up 1

dat recap episode

Great episode all around, makes me realise I wish this show has a schedule more like one of those old shows that manages to last nearly 40 eps by having a lot of filler. The cast is just made for that- to have monster-of-the-week episodes where we can have more focus and fun with Mako's family, for an example.

Loved the nudist beach instalations and how utterly and gloriously villainous Ragyo looks.

The ending felt... off. Ryuko denying to fight simply because of the typical "fated to do so" shtick seems inconsistent if only because she was still bound to decide ruining Satsuki's (or even Nui's) day anyways. Feels like a bit of a stalling method and I hope Tsumugu snaps her back into reality. Guess that's one of the issues you get when the pacing prior has been so off that it needs an entire episode billed as the "exposition" episode.

Episode was good though. Surprisingly enough the story behind the Life Fiber origins is actually pretty cool. I enjoyed the exposition quite a bit and it had quite a deal of everything I wanted to see. Weird baths aside anyways.

• Thumbs Up 2

How does it feel off when she's spent the whole show repeating she was fighting for herself? It's as off as Shinji not wanting to pilot the mech. It's one thing when she wants to punch Satsuki, her own thing, it's another when they tell her "YOU ARE OUR HERO YOU WILL FIGHT FOR ALL MANKIND GET IN THE ROBOT".

How does it feel off when she's spent the whole show repeating she was fighting for herself? It's as off as Shinji not wanting to pilot the mech. It's one thing when she wants to punch Satsuki, her own thing, it's another when they tell her "YOU ARE OUR HERO YOU WILL FIGHT FOR ALL MANKIND GET IN THE ROBOT".

Because going after the big bad is still in her best interest despite her revenge scheme being her lesser motivation now. Nudist Beach and her dad's intentions only stand to a mutual gain as Ryuko's voyage is what's been providing the answers to a battle that she's said is a matter more about getting to know her dad better than seeking justice.

This is nothing like Evangelion. Shinji never wanted to be a part of the equation. Ryuko did, and willingly put herself into multiple bouts of danger, never relenting. Her decision in the end could have been understandable if it was paced better to allow exposition to happen gradually rather than a complete info dump as seen here.

The "original life fiber advancing human evolution" thing reeks of Lavos.

... Which makes Raygo effectively Queen Zeal and Satsuki would be a more antagonistic Schala. Holy shit.

Because going after the big bad is still in her best interest despite her revenge scheme being her lesser motivation now. Nudist Beach and her dad's intentions only stand to a mutual gain as Ryuko's voyage is what's been providing the answers to a battle that she's said is a matter more about getting to know her dad better than seeking justice.

This is nothing like Evangelion. Shinji never wanted to be a part of the equation. Ryuko did, and willingly put herself into multiple bouts of danger, never relenting. Her decision in the end could have been understandable if it was paced better to allow exposition to happen gradually rather than a complete info dump as seen here.

But she does it all for herself, with her suit by her side and her friend.

I mentioned Evangelion, my mistake, Gundam would be a better comparison. Amuro had his motives to fight, but that doesn't mean he wanted to be conscripted as a soldier in that war. Ryuko's objectives and the Nudist Beach's objectives may be roughly the same, but as far as she's concerned it also means using her friend Senketsu purely as a weapon in a war for someone else.

The episode was pretty good overall aside from the ending. Dat Wincest, it was creepy and I still found myself strangely aroused by it...why yes, I do have problems, sue me. Anyway, not much to say about the episode, it was basically an exposition dump and I totally called Dr. Matoi rebelling against Ragyo after finding out her plan, although I didn't expect him to be the founder of Nudist Beach. Now the question, what does Ragyo intend to do with those life fibers.

About Ryuko's whole thing at the end....yea, that just kinda came right the fuck out of nowhere; I know Ryuko has claimed that she was fighting only for herself, but she's made it her business to foil the villain's plans over and over again, particularly last episode when she swears to fight Satsuki because of how she destroyed Osaka. But now, she doesn't wanna fight to "defy destiny", I get the sentiment they were going for, it just wasn't really executed well...

As for Satsuki, its pretty interesting how she drops her Holier than thou attitude when around her mother, makes you wonder how she treated her when she was growing up. And continued use of Junketsu is obviously taking its toll. I find it funny because she's doing this purely out of pride because Ryuko uses Senketsu.