Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAktlhyXprI 

KILL la KILL episode 25 will be a Honnōji Academy graduation OVA, coming September with the final volume of the Blu-Ray/Limited edition DVD.

Bit of an awful long wait for a final episode. I wonder if episode 24 might end up being a fake-out ending, and there's more to come.

It's the closing finale so... They'll want to ride out the KILL la KILL fad as long as possible before they let it die down and focus on their next project.

I've just started kill la kill today. I probably won't be paying too much attention to this thread since I don't want to be spoiled, however I can safely say I am in love with this show. I am looking forward to when it gets it dubbed so I can pay attention to only the animation and not at this half way point with just words in the bottom of the screen.

Uhh.. Don't think it's getting a dub though so don't get your hopes up. It might though since there's an american website for it, but it's barren at the moment.

Hype hype hype hype -[HYPE INTENSIFIES]- also can't believe I just noticed that Mako's speech music was absent from the original OST, which is odd since it's been in the series since the early episodes and is quite iconic music :/

It's the closing finale so... They'll want to ride out the KILL la KILL fad as long as possible before they let it die down and focus on their next project.

I'd understand pushing it out for maybe a month, three at most; but all the way to September? And riding on a single epilogue episode not looking to be all that action-packed? 

It seems a bit, pointless, and possibly running the risk of losing interest.

Shame this gap isn't filled with more episodes, but alas. Hopefully something BIG will happen in that episode.

I'm sure it will get a dub; with a reception like this, Aniplex is damn well gonna milk this!

... I just fear for my poor wallet, I know how they release their dubs, and how much it they charge.

Killing off Senketsu, I'm not sure it was earned, and it kinda came outta nowhere.  

Of course as usual, during the final fight: 

Your attacks can't hurt me!  

Now my attacks can hurt you!  

Oh no your attacks can hurt me, I have been shown who is the boss!

That's the climactic final battle.  

Like the show said, it's just a bunch if incomprehensible crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*sigh*

Okay I wasted my night marathoning this.

The first 16 episodes were terribly boring.

The next 3 were excellent.

After that? Well, I'm only on 21 right now, and god is it a fucking snoozer. It's a bunch of convoluted melodramatic horseshit that tries too hard to provoke an emotional response rather than letting it happen naturally.

I really don't want to sit through the next 3 episodes, but I've made it this far and have nothing better to do. EDIT: It looks like it's going to continue being good now. Don't know what the fuck the point of that internal strife crap was.

Episode 22 is generally considered good after all of that crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New cover by that Sapphire chick of Ambiguous. I don't think I like it as much as the others or the original but nice lyrics.

• Thumbs Up 2

http://youtu.be/55iX64NmUDA

This makes me violent with rage....which means its doing its job the right way.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just finished...

Yeah, this ending has a bit of cliche riddled about it. I was fine with episodes 21-23, but how 24 concluded really bugged me. 

Edit: Now my question is; did Senketsu really have to die? What was the point? That Ryuko has to grow up and lose her past. I'm tired of that trope Japan; especially when this story didn't even feel like it was going in that direction. 

Oh, and Satsuki with short hair? Boo.

BOO THIS MAN

BURN HIM.

Short haired Satsuki master race \0/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4O9bb6FFxw 

This will never not be funny to me.

• Thumbs Up 8

Where are you so I can point and laugh.

Where are you so I can point and laugh.

Sitting on a planet with the long haired ladies, laughing at you short hair losers. :P

I am going to remove your head with two scissor blades. Say no ill of Lady Satsuki's lovely short hair. >:U 

What was even the point of her cutting it?

Commonly, cutting your hair from long to short in modern Asian culture represents moving on from your past and starting anew. 

Oh, well that helps explain that and Akane from Ranma 1/2.  Cool.

I'll go against the world if I must! Her short hair is not amazing like her long was! 

On a serious note: I've been looking on the TV Tropes page about the theme of Kill La Kill about how humanity is made through diversity and not conformity. And watching the last episode again, I can live with Senketsu's death now. It's less about the common anime trope of growing up and leaving behind everything that made you young, and subverts it in a semi clever way. I do wish that it just didn't come so out of the blue; that Senketsu had more wounds to him as the fight progressed as a little foreshadowing. (Then again, wounds aren't a thing with these life fiber characters. Not for long that is.)

Commonly, cutting your hair from long to short in modern Asian culture represents moving on from your past and starting anew. 

You know, that makes a lot of sense when you think of it. (Even if her long hair looks better. tongue.png) The ancient custom in Japan was pretty much having women grow out their hair to ridiculous lengths, and only cutting it off when banished or rejected. Fascinating concept.

Holding my fingers there'll at least be some mention in the new episode of how Satsuki and the Elite Four, despite whatever intentions, did cause death and destruction on at least three cities, in one specific city causing it in a massive state.

So currently watching the Blu-Ray of Volume 1, and I can confirm a few things.

1. Blumenkranz does indeed play during the first battle when she first reveals herself wearing Senketsu and to debunk theories that "they might not have had character themes at that point" The entire soundtrack was composed right from the beginning, since before my body is dry, the orchestrated one plays too which means it probably was intentional and something we would catch upon watching it over again after Ragyo enters the scene much later.

2. The Boxing fight has been remastered and looks a LOT better from what it was when it aired.

3. When Ryuuko retreats back to the ash grounds of her father's home before she gets jumped by Senketsu, there's a picture frame of her as a child looking sad, but the father's face has been burnt out which further solidifies she had a rough upbringing.

4. When Senketsu remember's Ishin's appearance, the image shows him standing up at first, but then he mentions he was bent over as if her had a bad back.

5. The target the Tennis club leader smashes with her goku racket is in the shape of the original life fiber.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, that's a common thing with anime these days. The TV animation is generally not very good so they fix it up in the Blu-Ray. The series will definetely benefit from the BD fixes. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they make Episode 24 into an actual fight.