Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

Ah but Cowboy Bebop also had a manga *though that was a mess* which probably gave them a bigger budget to go off with.

The manga was produced after the show. Cowboy Bebop was an original anime story- it was written as a show first. They also didn't have a super huge budget once they got started either- the show almost didn't air at all in Japan due to violence. Bebop stands on it's own, as a show.

Everything else afterwards is just supplementary material. 

Anyway, I think it's a little unfair to compare KLK to Cowboy Bebop when it comes to pacing, as bebop is probably one of the finest anime ever made in that department. Like you said Phos. Unfair ahah.

Bebop though is something more shows like this could probably strive for though. It kept mostly episodic apart from strategic use of double episodes and they skillfully wove the characters stories around tributes to Alien and Bruce Lee. To be honest, I'm not caught up on Kill La Kill past like episode four or something due to not really having a whole lot of time to myself these days, but early on it was seeming a little haphazard. I suppose, if I really think about it though that's more Imaishi's style showing through than an issue with the show.

KLK is not going to have the same film noir-y hollywood shoutouts and episode pacing of something like bebop because it's keeping it's own hyperactive sugar fuelled insanity going for ep to ep.

And is that really a serious problem for this show? I thought general consensus is the first six or so episodes were awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to say that the overarching problem with the major villains is that there still isn't any really good reason for the elite four to be so dedicated to Satsuki even though that's what this episode was about.

For me though the bigger problem with this show is that the action doesn't really do much for me.  

I must've not watched the same show as everyone else, as Bebop was a disaster in pacing, especially towards the end.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

DAT EPISODE!

I knew something would happen to Mako that she would get her own uniform and fight Ryuko but I wasn't expecting her to go all Jotaro on us. Jesus she gots the best uniform to date.

This was a good episode.

I'm glad it didn't beat around the bush and made it clear that the antagonists are pure scum. Now I hope Ryuko can drive her point home.

Glad that Mako got some character development as well, though I admit her uniform was pretty baller and I wish we got more of it.

This episode was pretty well done despite its predictability. And Mako's uniform was fucking badass, she put up a way better fight than other Two-star so far. Too bad she didn't keep it.

And Ryuko's pretty cute when she's enjoying herself. And Satsuki was a Magnificent Bitch.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

This episode gave me proper feels, I'm glad Trigger are applying depth to their characters in this series, especially Mako and Satsuki seems to be more than just an Ice Queen... Perhaps it's a reflection on her past why she's so controlling and calculating? 

The series is constantly throwing us all a curve ball and it's pretty hard to just sit and judge it right now because it seems to proving us wrong more so every episode, it's more than a monster of the week series, it's more than a Gurren Lagann clone, it's more than "beat the bad guy" This actual episode teaches a life lesson about greed, one that kinda hit home for me on many fronts, your family and friends are worth more than any one possession, sometimes I let my life of collecting figures/CD's/Games control me, when I should really be making time for friends and personal time with my family, what little there is left of it.

A-Anyway...Next episode has Ira driving a car!? This I can't miss!

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah this was another episode I highly enjoyed. I knew at some point Mako was going to get a uniform of some sort, was rather surprised though that it was taken away within one episode. I do have a feeling though perhaps at some point she'll be given an alternative to help Ryuko out...although she does a real good job of that without one. I do love how Mako, despite being presented to us as a really pure and kind character, is still realistic in the sense that she can fall for things that most of us would. The fact that her motivation for her greed was to try and make others happy still stays true to who she is as a character but its something very easy for people to fall into. It was also nice to see Ryuko get a bit more depth here too. I was also glad they didn't do the brooding "I hate this family life thing" when instead she was sort of envious and happy that she was getting to experience a life she never really had before. For a character with the dead parent backstory they definitely handle her character as a whole a lot different than most and for that I'm glad.

But, she continually is drawing more parallels to Satsuki with each passing episode even if in little ways. The way Mako's family grovels at her feet to apologize to her after backstabbing her is no different to me than the elite 4 groveling at Satsuki's feet. Ryuko is on an even level of power pretty much with Satsuki and while her goals are different I still am wary of it letting get to her head. At the very least she has Mako to bring her down to a more human level and while I doubt Ryuko is ever going to turn into a villain they definitely portray her with a lot of similar characteristics to one so far. But like I said I doubt they'll let her ever get to that point - she's still a kind hearted person at the end of it all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, the week's episode has to be one of the best ones yet! So many feels and I loved the character development between and Mako! Mako's outfit was just so badass too!

Not sure if this counts as a stealth reference so much than a coincidence, but don't you think the name "Fight Club" has a bit more meaning behind it?

I mean, Mako and Ryuko got into this brawl because of this Fight Club they founded, and I'm pretty sure it'll be an incident that they will never talk about again.

So remind me, what's the first rule of Fight Club?

• Thumbs Up 2

... Aaand it's back to villain exposition.

Thankfully Ira's backstory is a lot less half-assed and was actually pretty interesting. He's easily my favorite of the Elite Four after this episode - loyal, but can still have casual moments with the "enemy", even allowing himself to protect them as he has his own moral code. And here I thought he was going to be the token dragon/enforcer/asshole.

A fun episode, nice to see the series retains its levity.

Though I still dread whatever exposition there is behind Nonon that justifies her being an annoying snob.

I think he's a cool character, though the whole BDSM thing came right the fuck out of nowhere, lol

Not really, it's clear that the anime's main theme is clothing, Kamui's, Goku Uniforms, the campaign against Kamui being called "Nudist Beach" etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the characters have some sort of gimmick clothing that matches their special powers.

I kinda knew Ira would turn out to be a BDSM sort of powered up guy, using a whip as his default weapon after all, but it seems his overall attitude about his uniform power is to be some sort of unmovable object, absorbing damage and using it to power up another form? 

I was hoping Ira would be one of the last people Ryuko fights, since I want her to kick the living shit out of Nonon and her smug little fucking face. I wonder how this king of the hill battle will play out, will they all fight one after the other after Ryuko beats each opponent? So are we in for 3-4 episodes of just intense "monster of the week" sort of deal? I hope not...

You know, at this point, I don't think anyone would complain if Platinum signed on to create an action game based off this anime. This thing suits their usual wackiness so goddamn much, and playing as Ryuko would be so much fun. It would be Metal Gear Rising except even more completely insane.

Anyhow, great episode, and I didn't expect to like Ira more than I thought I would, so kudos to Trigger.

• Thumbs Up 3

So the latest episode was enjoyable but I think I finally found a bit of an issue with how these fights go. I don't think I ever seen a fight where Ryuko wasn't extremely under or overpowered save for the end of the Satsuki fight. I wish she would use more thinking when it comes to the fights (like the first one with Sanegama) instead of getting a new power up just in the nick of time that saves her ass and completely crubstomps the opponent. Just a small complaint though.

Also I'm making a prediction, seeing that this guy had a really weird sexual thing for his armor ill bet the other 3 will to, so here's betting that Nonon is a trap or something, because her voice sounds so much like a little boy.