Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

Stop talking in spoiler tags guys seriously.

The episode is out, people who are talking about it will go here to talk about it.

But Carbo~!

Its a major spoiler! We don't wanna ruin it for everyone who decides to arrive late! ;A;

• Thumbs Up 3

But Carbo~!

Its a major spoiler! We don't wanna ruin it for everyone who decides to arrive late! ;A;

This topic is about ongoing media and as such etiquette here assumes people are up to date. If this keeps up the entire topic is going to be nothing but spoiler tags throughout the entire series and that does more of a disservice to people who are watching it and discussing it rather than those who aren't.

You guys can chill on them.

Damn son you can't spoiler tag shit? But nah

that girl is crazy as fuck, she's bodied Ryuuko's pops, no doubt.

Sorry. Done now.

I don't know why, but I kinda doubt that Nui exually killed Ryuko's father, she likely just said that to piss her off.

And as if she wasn't trouble enough, we got Satsuki's mother and her assistant, plus the Nudist Beach dude with that Bullet of his, boy stuff really going down next episode.

Welp. That was intense, I was hitching my breath all throughout the ending to this episode from pure tension and when she whipped out the other half of the Scissor Blade I swear down my heart stopped for a few seconds.

I don't doubt for a minute that she killed Ryuko's dad, the way she just dropped that megaton seems so like her character that I can't help but believe it, even Satsuki is bricking it right now, with this revelation though, doesn't that mean Ryuko doesn't have beef with Satsuki any more? I mean this new girl appeared, stripped blind guy with her pinkie nail, pulled Ryuko's remaining scissor blade from her cleavage and said "II pulled this out of your dad" Nui doesn't give a fucking shit, she's running the show now, she's got everyone exactly where she wants them and man, is shit going to go down next week.

I hope you guys aren't ruling out Ryuko doing some damage next week either, did you see how angry she is? This is no doubt going to lead to bad things, perhaps her becoming power crazed to destroy her father's killer and I have a feeling Ryuko will turn out to be the big monster from simply going off the rails causing Nudist beach to step in.

• Thumbs Up 3

I almost screamed when that girl whipped out the other half of the Scissor Blade... but at the moment Ryuko snapped right at the end, I swear I shrunk down 20 sizes into my chair because holy shit that rage is fucking terrifying.

Also, WHO LIKES ENGLISH SONG COVERS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U10Ok8Ar2Q

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why, but I kinda doubt that Nui exually killed Ryuko's father, she likely just said that to piss her off.

It definitely isn't Nui, the silhouette in the flashback didn't match her at all and looked much more like Satsuki.

It definitely isn't Nui, the silhouette in the flashback didn't match her at all and looked much more like Satsuki.

Also, Nui's scissor half is purple while Ryuko's scissor half is red. It doesn't seem to be a match unless it's asymmetrical aesthetics. 

Not just that, but the handle shape is much different to Ryuko's half, it's from another pair or it's a fake to ruse her into overloading Senketsu through her rage, someone is using Nui to push Ryuko over the edge.

Also, Nui's scissor half is purple while Ryuko's scissor half is red. It doesn't seem to be a match unless it's asymmetrical aesthetics. 

Since it was mentioned in the first episode, the image of it I had in my head was that it was blue.

Not just that, but the handle shape is much different to Ryuko's half, it's from another pair or it's a fake to ruse her into overloading Senketsu through her rage, someone is using Nui to push Ryuko over the edge.

Lots of scissors don't have symmetrical handles.

scissors.jpg

I don't know about that. In episode 8's flashback it looked like Satsuki:

Fj63PS5.png

...but back in episode 1...

6QSCr5c.png

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't know about that. In episode 8's flashback it looked like Satsuki:

Fj63PS5.png

...but back in episode 1...

6QSCr5c.png

Both of you are wrong, It was in fact Nui and she stole part of the Scissor blade.

But yea, episode. Like holy fucking shit. That's what happens when a Godrobe consumes its wearer? Some scary ass shit, Ryuko didn't even look human anymore. No wonder nudists beach are trying to avoid that.

Nui is cray cray, plain and simple. I have a hard time believing that she's just doing this to get back at ryuuko's dad tho.

I also don't believe for a second that Satsuki sent Nui, I don't knowo why but there's something off about her.

And Mako saving the day with sill frames again, real heroine.

Pretty sure Ryuuko is gonna be a lot more reluctant to use Senketsu from now on considering that's what happens when she gets too agitated.

Both of you are wrong, It was in fact Nui and she stole part of the Scissor blade.

..???

I don't doubt for a minute that she killed Ryuko's dad, the way she just dropped that megaton seems so like her character that I can't help but believe it, even Satsuki is bricking it right now, with this revelation though, doesn't that mean Ryuko doesn't have beef with Satsuki any more? I mean this new girl appeared, stripped blind guy with her pinkie nail, pulled Ryuko's remaining scissor blade from her cleavage and said "II pulled this out of your dad" Nui doesn't give a fucking shit, she's running the show now, she's got everyone exactly where she wants them and man, is shit going to go down next week.

I hope you guys aren't ruling out Ryuko doing some damage next week either, did you see how angry she is? This is no doubt going to lead to bad things, perhaps her becoming power crazed to destroy her father's killer and I have a feeling Ryuko will turn out to be the big monster from simply going off the rails causing Nudist beach to step in.

I'd say I was pretty spot on for the most part.

fyi, the other half of the blade WAS red, I'm guessing Nui had it painted another colour to match her sense of style, and I think she's really peeved from losing her eye for being an arrogant bitch and letting her guard down.

This episode was crazy, I knew Ryuko would become so unstable she'd become a monster, but right now I don't know what to think will happen now, all I hope for is Ryuko beating Nui sometime in the future, bitch needs slapping.

This also puts my worries to rest for Satsuki, Junketsu is ridiculously powered, so I no longer doubt her being inferior. Still wish we'd get some story and motive for why Satsuki is doing what she's doing, I'm also wondering what her connection to her mother is.

Time will tell, but right now, I'm ready for some filler/slice of life to wind down from the onslaught of SRS BUSNS episodes.

Ah ok, just clearing that up then :P

I also doubt Satsuki was the one that sent Nui to gather the secret research, I think she's lying to stop Ryuko pursuing Nui now she's supposedly "out of grounds", as tough and cold as Satsuki is, I think she doesn't want to see Ryuko die, just merely beaten and out of the way, something that will probably never happen because Ryuko keeps bouncing back after every defeat.

I just wish I knew what Satsuki's motives are for this world domination in her name, she must be making a point of it for a reason instead of just being "the typical bad guy who wants to rule the world". 

• Thumbs Up 1

The episode was perfect until the ending and post-credits sequence. Now it's just setting itself up for more drawn-out bullshit with Satsuki basically being Hitler and Ryuko having to throw a monkey wrench in her schemes.

I hate how Satsuki's been getting it her way for 12 episodes straight. It's straight up tiresome and the series is starting to feel like it's rehashing itself way too much, even with a new villain character introduced. Everything is just going back to the way it was, including the Elite Four who showed real promise without their uniforms. Honestly at this point I would have dropped the show if it weren't for me still holding a shred of hope that the current villains will stop being actual villains but considering all the biggest antagonists have been laid out on the table and Satsuki is gradually starting to look more like a lesser villain than an eventual ally I'm starting to lose hope for this series to bring anything new to the table. This series is terrible in terms of raising any stakes; it introduces problems in an episodes only to instantly downplay them by the end of it.

Also kind of disappointed that the protagonist never left crippled in any way. By this point in a series like Gurren Lagann we'd already have had our first major shakeup/twist but for a series reaching it's halfway point it's baffling that no such thing has even happened here yet. Not even Nui's introduction changes anything since Satsuki still ends up taking responsibility for what she did, instead of laying the cards on the table for the predictable "my mom did it" twist.

The episode was perfect until the ending and post-credits sequence. Now it's just setting itself up for more drawn-out bullshit with Satsuki basically being Hitler and Ryuko having to throw a monkey wrench in her schemes.

I hate how Satsuki's been getting it her way for 12 episodes straight. It's straight up tiresome and the series is starting to feel like it's rehashing itself way too much, even with a new villain character introduced. Everything is just going back to the way it was, including the Elite Four who showed real promise without their uniforms. Honestly at this point I would have dropped the show if it weren't for me still holding a shred of hope that the current villains will stop being actual villains but considering all the biggest antagonists have been laid out on the table and Satsuki is gradually starting to look more like a lesser villain than an eventual ally I'm starting to lose hope for this series to bring anything new to the table. This series is terrible in terms of raising any stakes; it introduces problems in an episodes only to instantly downplay them by the end of it.

Also kind of disappointed that the protagonist never left crippled in any way. By this point in a series like Gurren Lagann we'd already have had our first major shakeup/twist but for a series reaching it's halfway point it's baffling that no such thing has even happened here yet. Not even Nui's introduction changes anything since Satsuki still ends up taking responsibility for what she did, instead of laying the cards on the table for the predictable "my mom did it" twist.

How is that Eldritch Abomination that Ryuko became NOT considered "crippled"? It's gonna be a mental scar for both her and Senketsu.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I predict that Ryuko will be a lot less trusting and willing to use Sekentsu after that incident. If that`s not a scar I don`t know what a scar is. 

Also, Crunchyroll says that the next episode is all the way in January, is the show on hiatus or something?

Dude, it's Christmas and New Years... Give the team a break.

Also I don't even know what to say to you Carbo about your expectations since I'm in a sour mood right now, but how bout you stop comparing everything the series does to Gurren Lagann for one? It's the team's first full series on their own as a studio, you forget that GAINAX was aiding with GL, and as for a stand alone product, KlK is still continuing to impress me on all sorts of levels, and in case you didn't notice, the series has been ramping up the fact that the series is mainly about Ryuko and Satsuki, so Yeah that's the reason why she's been getting in the way every episode.

I have complete faith in the Trigger team to pull off some crazy shit in this series, but if it's not impressing you, just simply stop watching it? *shrug* I don't know what else to say really.

I do kind of get where Carbo is coming from even if I don't agree with him. At the moment, it just seems like everything has gone according to Satsuki's plan because everything Ryuuko has done has benefited her in some way with the only drawback being her recent rampage, and even so she probably would have taken care of it had Mako not intervened.

Why is this bad? Because we still don't know shit about Satsuki or why she wants to take over Japan and we're at the halfway point of the series. If your villains aren't engaging, it can be hard to care about the conflict. Nui has only two episodes and she's shown far more expression and character than Satsuki has in twelve.

I mean the series has hyped up these two as the fiercest of rivals, yet we only know one side of the conflict at the moment.

That said, everything else about the episode was great; we finally see what happens when a Kamui takes over their user and this is definitely going to have a mental effect on how Ryuuko uses Senketsu from now on. Also, we have a new Antagonist on the prowl, who more than likely isn't done with Ryuuko yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Senketsu will be scarred as well. He clearly cares for Ryuko as a person and it seemed like he didn't abort the normal transformation and became that because if he did, Ryuko would've died. He transformed her into that to protect both his friend and himself. Nui would've killed both of them with no mercy.