Awoo.

Kill La Kill

Remy

Hmm...no doubt the Elite 4 will be sporting the "Ultima" Uniforms on their conquest of Japan's Schools, curious what the big 3 Schools are and whether or not they got powerful fighters their too.

Nui has only two episodes and she's shown far more expression and character than Satsuki has in twelve.

Err, ill disagree to that, her character and expressions is on the same level as Satsuki, just at the opposite end of the spectrum with the her being super happy and cheerful, which is basically all there is to her character at this point. 

Except that super happy cheerfulness was chiseled away when Isshin slashed her eye out, at which point she got violent real fast. It's not much ill admit, but it's enough to get me interested in just what the hell is she.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

Except that super happy cheerfulness was chiseled away when Isshin slashed her eye out, at which point she got violent real fast. It's not much ill admit, but it's enough to get me interested in just what the hell is she.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to say that was just a natural reaction to getting her fucking eye sliced out, but with these kinds of characters they seem to usually gravitative towards the "murderous inner depths" angle so maybe.

Its not even that I don't like Satsuki either but rather I just want to know more about her, we're not really given much more than what we've been shown, even in flashbacks with her subordinates she acts basically the same. She has shown a more noble side in the past, including this episode. I just wanna know her deal already, instead of just teasing us.

Yeah, an issue I have with her character is that I have no idea if she's a hero or a villain, I was gravitating towards hero near the end of this episode, but then the stinger at the end completely blew that idea out of the water, so now I have no idea what her deal is.

How is that Eldritch Abomination that Ryuko became NOT considered "crippled"? It's gonna be a mental scar for both her and Senketsu.

Didn't seem to have any objections with wearing it the next day. Didn't seem like she had any trouble reconciling with Senketsu right after the battle.

Also I don't even know what to say to you Carbo about your expectations since I'm in a sour mood right now, but how bout you stop comparing everything the series does to Gurren Lagann for one? It's the team's first full series on their own as a studio, you forget that GAINAX was aiding with GL, and as for a stand alone product, KlK is still continuing to impress me on all sorts of levels, and in case you didn't notice, the series has been ramping up the fact that the series is mainly about Ryuko and Satsuki, so Yeah that's the reason why she's been getting in the way every episode.

You act as if I'm expecting a superior level of budget and animation. I'm not. I'm expecting Imaishi to actually have improved since GL which was his last directorial role where he tried to actually tell a story, and here there is no sense of pacing with a shocking lack of character development. It's all one huge routine for the sake of some action scenes with varied budgets, and I say this begrudgingly for someone who wants to like this show as I loved what Trigger did with Inferno Cop and Little Witch Academia. If there is a major plot twist it is well passed the point where it ought to still be interesting since every new week I hear people say "oh next episode is where shit gets real", something I'm guilty of myself. All the Battle Royale episodes were the worst offenders of them all in terms of padding

And for being a show mainly about Ryuko and Satsuki, the former does a great job in not really learning anything from her brash nature while the latter is still not budging from being your average dictator. Mustering these cookie-cutter personalities the way they are right now for another 12 episodes just isn't an exciting thought, especially when the show effectively downplayed the introduction of a new villain who basically looks like she outclasses everyone else, which must have been the biggest insult to injury yet. "Here comes a brand new villain and she means busine- oh wait Satsuki shoo'ed her off and wants us to pay attention to her again."

Yeah, an issue I have with her character is that I have no idea if she's a hero or a villain, I was gravitating towards hero near the end of this episode, but then the stinger at the end completely blew that idea out of the water, so now I have no idea what her deal is.

One of the most accepted theories is she's assembling an army to take on her mother and she may/may not need Ryuko's help but honestly after the end-credits stinger I don't see why she couldn't just have laid out her cards on the table since it's obvious that Ryuko is just going to continue being a nuisance. Even though chances are Satsuki will still have predicted her to do some kind of intervention.

Kind of agree with both sides, I'm enjoying it for the spectacle currently though, the last ep was pretty great. Also the music :^)

Also my brother reckons that

Nui is a living doll made entirely of life fibre

Would be pretty neat if so.

• Thumbs Up 1

Episode 13 preview

Mopey Ryuko isn't going to last more than an Episode as she's off to fight Satsuki's goons in other schools. Nakashima also sort of confirmed on Twitter that the next arc will basically be about her stopping Satsuki's conquest.

Bleh.

Episode 13 preview

Mopey Ryuko isn't going to last more than an Episode as she's off to fight Satsuki's goons in other schools. Nakashima also sort of confirmed on Twitter that the next arc will basically be about her stopping Satsuki's conquest.

Bleh.

you'd think we'd be moving on from Satsuki at this point and onto bigger shit, I hope we won't just be rehashing the entire first season again 

The release date was on the 25th…..given that it came out yesterday it was because by that time it was already the 25th in Japan and therefore we got it on the 24th…timezones and all that.

Either way, Before my body is dry is a fucking fantastic piece.

Well I'm gonna save myself from spoilers and wait till the physical copy is in my hands.

Enjoy the ear sex guys~

• 2 weeks later...

I revive this topic from the grave in honor of the new episode.

And at the same time add nothing worth discussing LOL.

But damn, Nui coming out of fucking nowhere, and bodying Ryuko! HOLY SHIT! KlK coming back with some good shit already. 

Wow holy shit, the first episode of the new season and we're already starting off with a fucking WHAM moment. How the hell will Ryuko deal with this I wonder?

The ending to this episode should have been in Episode 12. The rest of the episode was weak, most of it being nothing but cop-outs so they could find a reason to justifiably perform the big twist, and it all feels so disjointed and unnecessary. I mean honestly, a new obnoxious character is introduced and somehow manages to be the very one thing that snaps Ryuko out of her mopey phase in the matter of minutes of screentime, and all that is done just to screw her over?

Bit of a shame. There was no reason they couldn't have put the twist after Ryuko's raging rampage in the last episode and really turn it into a memorable episode. This episode having to play catch up on that felt like a ton of filler as a result, if not rushed.

And I'm still miffed that everything in this series is either Ryuko being curbstomped or played like a violin.

• Thumbs Up 1

The ending to this episode should have been in Episode 12. The rest of the episode was weak, most of it being nothing but cop-outs so they could find a reason to justifiably perform the big twist, and it all feels so disjointed and unnecessary. I mean honestly, a new obnoxious character is introduced and somehow manages to be the very one thing that snaps Ryuko out of her mopey phase in the matter of minutes of screentime, and all that is done just to screw her over?

Bit of a shame. There was no reason they couldn't have put the twist after Ryuko's raging rampage in the last episode and really turn it into a memorable episode. This episode having to play catch up on that felt like a ton of filler as a result, if not rushed.

And I'm still miffed that everything in this series is either Ryuko being curbstomped or played like a violin.

Probably to set up some shit for her in the finale.

Why is it bad that the protagonist isn't perfect?

It's not bad that the protagonist isn't perfect. It's bad that the villains are.

And even setting that aside, the reason that happens is mostly because Ryuko is not a good protagonist, and is arguably the character who's most weighing this series down. There's a difference between being imperfect and being a non-starter. Ryuko is a personality who hasn't developed in any way or done anything to contribute to herself or anyone around her for the last 13 episodes. She lets herself get played by virtually everyone, jumps head first into everything without ever learning anything in her encounters and follows a rinse-repeat pattern in order to achieve a shallow truth from someone who is not a convincing villain and foil for her to have. Despite being the vehicle for this series, the only thing she's really managed to influence is Mako, but even then she's done most of the character development for herself.

• Thumbs Up 2