Awoo.

[HALLOWEEN] The SSMB Sings... A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup! Deadline: October 30th!

Jeffhog

Does vocal quality matter? :D

Either way I'm in, time to get more familiar with this song.

• Thumbs Up 1

I recorded mine and emailed it to you ! I am trying to put it on Vocaroo now, so I can share it with everyone :D

Before I email you the mp3, I wanted to make sure there wasn't too much noise in the background, so I'm uploading a test video that'll be unlisted. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopn6gYIgE8&feature=youtube_gdata

I recorded mine and emailed it to you ! I am trying to put it on Vocaroo now, so I can share it with everyone biggrin.png

If Vocaroo doesn't work you can always use movie maker, then upload it to youtube.

Edited by Blue Star Blur
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have a version of "12 days of Christmas" for Sonic I am working on biggrin.png (and yes, it includes 7 chaos emeralds and 5 gold rings!)

oh my goodness i actually did the exact thing a few years back

including 7 chaos emeralds and 5 gold rings

are you a mind reader by any chance

(if anyone wants i can post the full updated version)

• Thumbs Up 1

This is a genius idea guys :) and I'm with Knucklesgirl on this one, I'd love to see a Chistmas-themed TSS collaboration too!

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess I'll post mine here, I sent it to you in your inbox, but I'll publicly post it to satisfy people's curiosity.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1lbCE7WmCoW

I stumble through it a bit, but I still felt pumped up in spite of my awful rapping skills :P

• Thumbs Up 2

OH LAWD. Just recorded mine. Decided to improv the opening and ending because I'm a dork. I just wanted to go full cornball with it (though I'd like to write a proper version if my lyric skills were better). I'll e-mail it off for now, and if you guys need me to re-record it, I will.

EDIT: Temporarily dropping my vocals to in a private post on my tumblr: http://arundraws.tumblr.com/private/64052748142/tumblr_muogowTHcR1s44s5j Plug in da headphones, people! It'll be gone by the end of the week.

Edited by Zaysho

I'm surprising myself by saying this, but I am very tempted to do one myself very soon. And now I've got the song stuck in my head. :3

I'm surprising myself by saying this, but I am very tempted to do one myself very soon. And now I've got the song stuck in my head. :3

Hey, it is fun! go for it :3

• Thumbs Up 2

man, I knew i shoulda recorded my bit sooner....now I lost my voice....I'll get it to you once I'm feeling better

This entire thing is terrible.

...Why not? XD

I need to scavenge up my good mic....

Ok. Still working on the beginning and ending. Need to put in a few voice clips, but I should be done soon.

In the meantime, I'll put up what I've got so far:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0zQtVutz4Tt

Maybe I should re - record it to try to make things a little smoother... what do you guys think?

So... is the final mix going to feature us all rapping together or one/two/three at a time? Because I know that when /mu/ did something like this for a rap song, the final mix usually had only one or two people rapping at a time. That is, if such a method can actually accommodate all of us....

Edited by Mesmerist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKK3J2h1nGA

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

WELP it's about to get much worse!

It's that spooky time of year again, when kids dress up as monsters and go door to door for free candy (lucky little bastards), when adults marathon horror movies, when spooky, scary skeletons send shivers down your spine...

...or when Sonic fans dust off their SEGA Dreamcasts or Nintendo Gamecubes and ain't gonna let it get to them; they're just gonna creep down in Pumpkin Hill in order to find their lost piece. And with enough interest from the board following staff approval, my status and we'll be taking that piece up a notch!

For this Halloween, we're inviting forumers to submit recordings of themselves rapping along to the infamous A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup from Sonic Adventure 2 so that we may compile it all onto a video not too unlike /v/'s Escape from the City (below) and Spooky Scary Skeletons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIQG2OEiUQQ

We'll be uploading it through The Sonic Stadium YouTube channel on Halloween, Tuesday October 31st. Ideally, we'll be closing submissions on the 30th, and with the upload, it'll be on the front page for all to see! Participants will also snag themselves a super spoopy member badge~!

All of this being said...

GUIDELINES

1. This forum activity is only open to members with a minimum of 20 posts! This is a community event, not a tourist attraction! Spam posts on the board and posts in this thread will not count!*
  2. Your submission should only include your vocals (lyrics below) in audio format (preferably mp3)! Don't send it if you've added an mp3 of the Pumpkin Hill theme - that's my job!
  3. Noise levels in the recording should be minimal to non-existent if it can be helped, with the recording itself being as clear cut as possible. To those recording with Audacity, there's a neat Noise Removal tool you can use (here's a tutorial), so I'd recommend leaving 10 seconds of silence at the start so you can get a decent noise profile, thus allowing you to delete extra noise/static.
  4. You can submit your recording either in this thread, my inbox with the subject being "Pumpkin Hill", or via competition@sonicstadium.org with the subject being "[username] - Pumpkin Hill" (something along those lines).
  5. As mentioned before, submissions close on October 30th.

*This rule applies to regular members only.

URGENT: We're also seeking as high quality as possible footage of Pumpkin Hill to go along with it, anywhere between 3 minutes and 30 seconds, and 4 minutes long. You'll be credited for it and earn yourself the badge even if you're not taking part in the community rap or if you lack the necessary number of posts. All that I ask is for the recording to be yours and yours alone!

Video Applicants:

-Frogging

LYRICS

You know me, the fighting freak Knuckles

And we're at Pumpkin Hill

You ready?

I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep

Down in Pumpkin Hill I gots to find my lost piece

I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet

The great Emerald's power allows me to feel

I can't see a thing but it's around somewhere

I'm gonna hold my head 'cause I have no fear

This probably seems crazy-crazy, a graveyard theory

A ghost tried to approach me and got leery

Ask him a question and he vanished in a second

I'm walkin' through valleys cryin' pumpkin in the alley

Didn't seem happy but they sure tried to get me

Had to back 'em up with the fist, metal crack 'em

I'm hearing someone saying 'You a chicken, don't be scared!'

It had to be the wind, 'cause nobody wasn't there

I searched and I searched as I climbed up the wall

And then I started to fly, I went in deeper

Let it get to me? I'm just gonna creep

I know that it's here, I sense it in my feet

I gotta hold my head, I have no fear

It probably seems crazy-crazy, a graveyard theory

A ghost tried to approach me, he got leery

(This is Knuckles, who fears none)

(It's real deal when it comes to my name, kid)

I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep

I know that it's here, I can sense it in my feet

I'm gonna hold my head 'cause I have no fear

This probably seems crazy-crazy, a graveyard theory

A ghost tried to approach me and got leery

Ask him a question and he vanished in a second

I'm walkin' through valleys cryin' pumpkin in the alley

Didn't seem happy but they sure tried to get me

Had to back 'em up with the fist, metal crack 'em

I'm hearing someone saying 'You a chicken, don't be scared!'

It had to be the wind, 'cause nobody wasn't there

I searched and I searched as I climbed up the wall

And then I started to fly, I went in deeper

Let it get to me? I'm just gonna creep

I know that it's here, I sense it in my feet

I gotta hold my head, I have no fear

It probably seems crazy-crazy, a graveyard theory

A ghost tried to approach me, he got leery

(Spooky up in here, it's crazy in here)

(We still gon' keep it goin', I'm Knuckles)

(Nobody scares me)

(Whoever want it, bring it)

(I don't care, we 'ka do this)

(Then come step up to the plate, and meet your match)

(It ain't no thang)

Who knows, if this community activity proves successful, more SSMB Sings could be held in the future...

For extra spooky Halloween badge opportunities, head on over to the resident lycanthrope Werewolfy.

In any case, get creeping!

Sonic rap music is rare... happy.png

There! Submitted mine now XD Had a laugh doing this, we gotta do more. I did a Silent Night parody called Station Square a year or so ago, if thats good for christmas? Happy hauntings!

• Thumbs Up 3

How goes the compilation? also, I propose we do the SATAM theme song, it is the shows 20th Birthday!