Awoo.

ARTWORK: Rosa clicks stuff and makes blocky things as well as scribbles!

RosaRosaRosalina

JYtlTe8.jpg

"in a nutshell"

Hey, guys! Here's a real quickie of a sketch (which is pretty obvious ith the errors and the bad proportions and all) made just to reflect on what happened in the status updates earlier. Basically, we just argued about Nintendo franchises and what not. Sorry about the TERRIBLE quality of the camera, though. My iPhone 4 isn't so great when it comes to taking pictures.

Also, yes, the Rosalina with the glasses in Princess Peach's dress represents yours truly.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hey hey, I'm back! And with some new...er, "masterpieces" to show you all!

But here's a little something I wanna tell you: These aren't quite finished just yet and I still need to work out some things like the palette, smoothness in the animation and a couple of design tweaks. Anyways, here we go!

dyIQj0X.gif

First off is a sequel to the Peach avatar I made earlier, this time featuring Rosalina (or Rosetta! Estella? Whatever!) She's gonna need some palette switches since I think her color might be a biiit too bright, even in comparison to Peach's palette. But, maybe that's what I get for using custom colors.

eiUHzDl.gif

Next up is something completely original! Sort of. This 8-bit gal's name is...well, I haven't thought of one yet. She hails from the made up city of Clifford Falls, Montana and she's out to kick ass! Why? Her boyfriend's been kidnapped by her dick of an ex-boyfriend. Her animation's kinda stiff and I hope I can make it seem...less stiff. I don't wanna go too full into detail with her yet, but I'll explain more about her in the future!

3gyW4We.jpg

Finally: it's Sonic! Again! But this time it's an alternate universe Sonic where he was mutated by Eggman, Amy's a princess and Tails once powered up Eggman's factories. But enough about the universe, let me speak about Sonic here: His design isn't quite finalized, but I'm trying best to aim for a design that connects separate Sonic designs together. He's got bandages to hide some wounds, a special Power Ring, some Chaos Inhibitors to store chaos energy and some other stuff. I tried out some expressions on him just to see how well his facial ranges can go to make him look expressive.

That's all for today, folks. I'll be back with some finalized versions of these pictures sooner or later. 'Till then!

• Thumbs Up 3

dlmFlt3.png

Nothing too special today, guys. It's just me testing myself on how well I can make things seem a bit more simplistic, so I drew Rosalina and a Luma to see what I could do and it didn't turn out all that bad. I had to change up a few colors so it could be a bit easier to see rather than the status update version I made yesterday.

I drew this all out in MSPaint with a mouse, save for the stars, so there could be some stuff that looks inaccurate here and there.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's worth noting that you don't need to measure popularity of your work in topic replies. It's the "likes" function that give you a good perspective on that. 

Your opening post alone has over eleven likes. It took me years to get anywhere near that number in my early membership.

Even when I post in showcase threads, I always try to give some kind of critique. But I can't really think of anything to advise for you. You've got this unique style that works and I'd like to see more of it. You are also good at using different tools available.

I'd say just keep doing what your doing and remember to enjoy yourself, because in my opinion, that is the most important thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I have something a bit spoiler-ish. Even though it's kinda been revealed already, I don't want to cost people their excitement for what's to come.

Without further ado, here it is!

Taz11dP.gif

meow

Yeah, it's more Rosalina related stuff. Obviously I'm excited for 3D World, so I made this in preparation of my hype for this game. With Rosalina being a playable character, I'm pretty much sold!

I decided to try and venture off into the 16-bit side of things and tried to mimic the style of the SNES SMB3 sprites. This is also the first time I've done anything cat related when spriting something!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

eFW80G0.jpg

"Come in, Space-a Control. This is-a Mario and I've found a not-a so friendly star on-a my exploration of-a the moon."

This is what happens when I play too much Mario Land 2. Sorry about the image size if it's too big!

• Thumbs Up 7

orplud3.jpg

boy lemme tell you about that sonic guy he's a real peice of work

JEEZ iphone cameras love to make everything 1000 times bigger than what they really are

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

K9a7GmN.gifjkcnkAo.gif

In celebration of Rosalina being confirmed for the Smash series, I doodled up some more Genesis-like pixel art! I really want to put the two together, but they're both separate images and they both animate differently. But that's okay, since they look considerably well the way they're shown.

I plan on changing the palette soon as well as the animation speed of the Luma, but I hope you guys like this!

by the way please give some feedback on my posts it gets kinda lonely here

• Thumbs Up 7

XYCMtXN.png

Here's something a bit more original!

She's got a bit of a story behind her, if you want to see it, click the spoilers if you want to read it.

She's a 2 year old character of mine I made via some character creator I can't remember the name of. She

was going to be used for an old RP I had planned out with several other people allngside me, but typewith.me (or its predecessor, I can't remember) got shut down and everything was erased...I think.

Now, I'm planning on placing Kadym within the universe of the 8-bit redhead (from a couple of posts ago.) I kept the anime-type look to kinda familiarize the design she had when she was made in the creator and edited her out a bit, giving her some hair in the back of her head and all.

Here's the original picture of her:

q5mXW93.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

gLWsjZ7.jpg

Two obscure and slightly redesigned mermaid characters contemplate their losses over a living and breathing mushroom.

• Thumbs Up 1

kAsgu2f.png

RUN YOU BLUE BASTARD RUN

Just testing out some simplistic shadings on MS Paint. All of this was freehanded so expect some things to be out of proportion.

• Thumbs Up 6

EDIT: whoops double post sorry

Edited by RosaRosaRosalina

• 2 weeks later...

Vg25uw1.jpg?1

Again, something more original today. If you have guessed by now, these are personifications of the seven days of the week. I tried my best to see if I could get how people typically feel about set days and how they act when these days come.

These designs are in a bit of a beta state and I wish to expand them a bit further to pinpoint near exact personifcations. Sorry if the quality of the image isn't that great, my eraser is very stupid.

And thank you, Dizzuchan! Glad to see you complement my art!

oh my god somebody that actually isn't me posted here aaaaaaaa

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

u6friaY.png

I'm baaaack! And this time with more sprites!

This time I'm back in the 8 bit gig with some brand new Mario sprites. The newest, actually! 

While listening to some of Before and After the Sequel's OSTs, I'd thought it'd be a great idea to see what would happen if Mario himself were given that treatment as well. If you can tell, these sprites are heavily inspired by the Super Mario World sprites. There's also a bit of Super Mario Bros 3 in here as well! And if you haven't noticed, Mario's overalls are swapped!

These are a huge WIP as I aim for adding more frames and power up forms for Mario (and Luigi). Let me know what you think!

Here's an example animation:

aFRUDKD.gif

EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot to put the regular sized sprite sheet! Here: http://i.imgur.com/uxDSdgy.png Just to be sure you guys can see the ACTUAL size of these things.

Edited by RosaRosaRosalina
  • Thumbs Up 5

Those 8-bit Mario sprites are neato, I can see the SMW influence and I love it. <3 Can't wait to see Luigi and the power up forms!

PtCQ91a.jpg?1

Sonic slows down while Mario speeds up. The results? These.

Also I tried drawing Mario out in a newer style and I actually really like the result! Sorry if the image isn't that great in quality right now. 

• Thumbs Up 7

• 3 weeks later...
fwJLxnt.jpg?2

It may be the 13th at the moment I post this, but it's the 14th for some of you guys here! 

These characters may seem familiar to you, because they're actually Tuesday and Friday! Y'know, two of my characters that are also personified days of the week! You see, Friday has a REALLY big crush on Tuesday and Tues herself isn't really sure of what to make of this. And since Valentine's Day is on a Friday, that means Fri dresses up as Cupid to get with the holiday spirit.

The designs for them are a bit closer to their finalized designs, I just want to find all of their respective colors. 

Oh, and you you see that little Rosalina sprite in my signature?

7yXRU0V.gif

Yeah, that one! I just made it today! It was really simple to make, as I made it in like an hour or two. It's based off of that icon that shows up when you play as her in Super Mario 3D World, but with a background rather than plain ol' white. Sorry if it's too tiny for you guys to see, Paint does not like me resizing things for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 5

7g7ii8Uh.jpg

I'm back! With...nothing really major! These are just practice drawings I wanted to show off.

In here we've got Boom!Sonic, Luigi, Mega Man, Mickey Mouse(or at least something that closely resembles him), Thursday, me struggling to draw hands, an angry stick figure and some evil chick inspired by that other evil (i think? tell me if i'm wrong) chick that stars in that Murder el Murder anime thing that Soniko's using for her avi.

I just wanted to see how well I could do certain things I don't normally do, like using a 2D perspective on heads. I also wanted to draw things I haven't drawn before.

I also still suck at drawing hands, but maybe that's because I'm a bit tired and rushed out a couple of things.

Sorry if the general overall quality of the image isn't too great for you to make out certain things. I also apologize for the size of the image.

• Thumbs Up 5

ngBbl62.jpg

I honestly had no idea what to draw today, so I tried out requests. I just finished a couple of requests made for a few members here and a friend. Some of these characters were actually a first for me to draw, like Satsuki and Jin. 

In order, these were the requests:

1. Satsuki from Kill la Kill with angry eyebrows. - Super Soniko

2. Nack with a Bandoleer. - Mando

3. Master Hand - Phantomime

4. Rosalina and Luma having a sweet moment (I chose sightseeing.) - Prince Solaris

5. Jin H. Kisaragi for...Jin H. Kirasagi.

6. "Kawaii" Amy for Super Spindash

7. Sonic punching Tails in the face (sorta) - Law

8. Daisy using Peach's "Peach Bomber" - A friend from elsewhere.

I tried my best with some of these. Certain characters had a bit too much detail for me to handle, but I did my best to simplify them so I can make it a bit easier. Hopefully they're recognizable enough for those that requested them. Thanks, guys! 

• Thumbs Up 8

Look at those amazing brows, Suki baby why u so mad? <3

Nice work! You're sketching is shaping up nicely, stick with it and stop doubting yourself!

Practice

Practice

PRACTICE!!

• Thumbs Up 2