Awoo.

Funny Sonic Stuff

GuyWithThePie

Glitches in games? Intentional fanart or animations? Comic or Cartoon animation mishaps? Funny facts? Parodies? Whatever you think is funny that's related to Sonic goes here.

Some of my favorite funny stuff would have to be from the Not Enough Rings comic (http://www.notenoughrings.com) due to how easy it is to relate, since these are actually based on the games.

So anyway, go ahead and share!

Edited by GuywithPie

I think posting others' fanart to just poke fun at it or such is against the rules if I'm not mistaken, so I'm gonna go ahead and point out a glitch...

39f4b6054164f2d6bdbc0a3e8078aa04.png

This.

This glitch, pretty famous for appearing in SomecallmeJohnny's Sonic Adventure review, occurs if you manage to complete an entire run of the Dreamcast verison of SA1, without a memory card in the controller. That's right; all 7 stories in one sitting and you're rewarded with this. Easily one of the most hilarious glitches in the series in my opinion.

Okay, so if I manage to have the patience to clear all 7 campaigns in one go, with the looming possibility of having to start all over again should my power go out for whatever reason, I can get Rainbig the Colorful Citty-Cat?

... Eh, seems worth it, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think posting others' fanart to just poke fun at it or such is against the rules if I'm not mistaken, so I'm gonna go ahead and point out a glitch...

This.

This glitch, pretty famous for appearing in SomecallmeJohnny's Sonic Adventure review, occurs if you manage to complete an entire run of the Dreamcast verison of SA1, without a memory card in the controller. That's right; all 7 stories in one sitting and you're rewarded with this. Easily one of the most hilarious glitches in the series in my opinion.

ixIAJWq.png

In my opinion, The Fishing game is hard as nails. That's the whole reason I stopped playing Sonic Adventure up till that point

Edited by Red

tumblr_mu21zv04tM1rlmkzto1_250.png

That wasn't even from an older comic. That was like the most recent issue.

tumblr_lxv7zfZm5j1qkpphbo1_500.png

And let's not forget the infamous classic. Sonic's face alone is hilarious, but look at Dora -the-Explorer-Chris.

Edited by GuywithPie
  • Thumbs Up 6

This.

Dear god, how does a glitch like this go completely undetected by the developers?  Did they really think the game was so hard that nobody would ever try to do it in one sitting? XD  Makes me really wish I still had a Dreamcast.

Dear god, how does a glitch like this go completely undetected by the developers?  Did they really think the game was so hard that nobody would ever try to do it in one sitting? XD  Makes me really wish I still had a Dreamcast.

Actualy, I think they did that for precisely that reason

Actualy, I think they did that for precisely that reason

You mean like some sort of sleazy "buy a memory card so you can fix the glitch" sort of deal?

Brilliant!

• Thumbs Up 1

Also on the subject of funny stuff in the Sonic series, the faceplant running gag is really funny to me. I'm just a sucker for running gags.

A teeny bit disappointing that it's not been prevalent lately. Unless Classic Sonic falling on his skull when trying to homing dash could be classed as it.

• Thumbs Up 5

The fact that it was the editor at the time who drew that abomination is even funnier.

Whoa whoa whoa, Gabrie was Many Hands? I guess that explains how that passed through editorial, but how SEGA OK'd that issue with that artwork was beyond me. Then again, I still don't understand how the "Sonic Live!" issue (at least the main story) got OK'd either.

EDIT: About the Big palette glitch in SA1, I think I saw that without even clearing all the story modes at once. It just seems to pop up randomly. Of course, my Dreamcast is permanently out of commission, so I can't go back to check.

Edited by Zaysho

manyhandslol.jpg

I find it funny that the comic's staff or even SEGA if it was monitoring found that even remotely acceptable.

Oh, and Sonic has a broken arm whilst Sal is holding NICOLE upside down.

Oh lord, that second panel. Edited by GuywithPie

bp5aX.jpg

I've said it before, and I'l say it again: as funny as Sonic can get sometimes, nothing will ever top the unintentional hilarious awkwardness of Sonic Adventure's cutscenes.

• Thumbs Up 7

tumblr_mueu756Y5n1qdtw9eo1_500.jpg

Hilarious in hindsight?

Sonic X comic issue #25 - October 2007

Sonic Generations - November 2011

• Thumbs Up 6

tumblr_mueu756Y5n1qdtw9eo1_500.jpg

Hilarious in hindsight?

Sonic X comic issue #25 - October 2007

Sonic Generations - November 2011

OH MY GOD THEY MADE CLASSIC SONIC'S SOLES GRAY RUINED FOREVER ASADADFSSDF

This.

I wanna say I get that glitch about half the times I've done that, with my memory card.  

If this topic is pretty much about poking fun at art that is odd in the comics, there is tons of material of questionable artwork in older and mid issues especially. There aren't as many these days now. I'm just glad the style has been for the most part made to stay on track. That way we dont end up with any more of the super muscle characters, or good god, the uber chibi style that I really dislike in the comics.

This qualifies, at least for me:

sss2pg29_penders_spaz.jpg

From Sonic Super Special #2, "Brave New World"

Pencils and inks by Penders... except for this one instance where he called in Spaz to draw Sonic for a panel. I'm not sure why, but this always cracked me up. I want to give the man some props assuming he drew the environment/background by himself, but he doesn't have a good handle on Sonic characters or expressions at all (which makes Spaz's small contribution all the more jarring--Sonic's emoting and actually looks on-model!).

Edited by Zaysho

This cutscene from Sonic Unleashed was the first thing that came to my mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MoWprALEm0&feature=player_embedded

This cutscene cracks me up every time I see it! Seeing Dr. Eggman popped with a rock by the kid, along with the sound effects, I just found that absolutely hilarious! SA55/Orbot found it funny too and his instigating laughter at Dr. Eggman after getting hit just makes the incident all the more funny.

That cutscene just proves to show that Dr. Eggman is an awesome and entertaining character-no matter what it is that is going on with him! And Sonic's snarky sarcastic remark with the punching gesture suggesting payback when he confronted Dr. Eggman for what happened in the beginning of the game I found funny as well. smile.png

• Thumbs Up 8

maxresdefault.jpg

I always thought Knuckles being easily shoved aside by Amy in Generations was a "lol" moment, it's a bit of a guilty pleasure scene for me.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate
  • Thumbs Up 3