Awoo.

Funny Sonic Stuff

GuyWithThePie

How could I forget the "Amy Doll" from episode 54 of Sonic X?

sonicxepisode5424co.jpg

Derp derp

lol, well that's funny right there XD People really need to double check their animation if things like this keep happening in their shows.

How could I forget the "Amy Doll" from episode 54 of Sonic X?

sonicxepisode5424co.jpg

Derp derp

Infinitely more terrifying than the Tails Doll.

Seriously, though, if we were to list every instance of hilariously poor animation in Sonic X, we'll be here forever. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

I'm kinda surprised that no one had mentioned this moment from Sonic '06 at this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OHPfX1LX6k

I really like Silver, but I find him getting a roundhouse kick in the head by Shadow to be both random and hilarious! Maybe I was the only one that thought this was funny...maybe. Oh well. happy.png

Another funny Sonic moment I thought of comes from the recently released Sonic Lost World. Even though the game was released back in October, it think it would be considerate still at this point to put my thoughts into spoilers just in case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTVnDTu34-A&feature=youtu.be&t=0m32s

There is so much going on in this cutscene, but the banter between Sonic and Zazz I found to be funny. After Sonic's initial jab at Zazz we got a fourth-wall breaking moment:

d0elTKE.jpg?1

Did you catch Sonic wiggling his eyebrows in the midst of that fourth-wall breaking moment? wink.png

TpKrEZS.jpg?1

Zazz all up in Sonic's face I found to be funny too.

But this part of the cutscene is what really got me:

Zazz: "Are you disrespecting me?"

Sonic: "Maybe."

Clearly, the answer to Zazz's question was either "yes" or "no", but good ol' snarky and sarcastic Sonic answered with "maybe", and the way Sonic said it along with the look on his face just topped off the hilariousness for me. tongue.png

Apparently, Zazz didn't like Sonic's answer, and proceeded to threaten Sonic. I personally find Zazz to be wild, obnoxious and funny, and him and Sonic going tit for tat with wit, insults and threats to be really funny as he pretty much did with the rest of the Deadly Six as well. smile.png  

• Thumbs Up 9

This bit in Sonic Adventure still comes-off to me as incredibly funny

1esMOg.gif

It's a shame nowadays that it's Tails who's the one that is irritated by Sonic's tendencies and not the other way around. This type of snark suits Sonic far, far more than it does him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Apologies if someone's already brought this one up, but this is a classic one, albeit an unintentional one.

And it's even better if you time it to this. (45 seconds in if it starts at the beginning, current time links seem to be deciding when they want to work, bah.)

It's a shame nowadays that it's Tails who's the one that is irritated by Sonic's tendencies and not the other way around. This type of snark suits Sonic far, far more than it does him.

Of course, for obvious reasons, I don't mind this one bit.

Not quite sure what you're referring to the first video? Presumably when Eggman ejects and bounces off a broken piece of Egg Carrier? (or whatever the Sonic 06 equivalent is called)

It's pretty funny, and pretty darn weird.It doesn't seem to be a glitch but doesn't seem intentional either, like they didn't even realize they just programmed Eggman to bounce off a piece of solid metal like he was made of rubber.

ytjpYfrTUq.gif

This will never stop being funny.

Especially if you think that Sonic is muttering to himself as he goes splat that floors are his mortal enemy.

• Thumbs Up 4

Not quite sure what you're referring to the first video? Presumably when Eggman ejects and bounces off a broken piece of Egg Carrier? (or whatever the Sonic 06 equivalent is called)

It's pretty funny, and pretty darn weird.It doesn't seem to be a glitch but doesn't seem intentional either, like they didn't even realize they just programmed Eggman to bounce off a piece of solid metal like he was made of rubber.

I take it the current time link didn't work correctly? Rrrrrrrrats. Yeah, that was what I was referring to, sorry.

*Looks around* Seriously? No one has mentioned this?!

This is certainly one of the funny things in the Sonic series. What's one of the best things you can do to someone in a fight? Take their weapon and use it against them!

http://youtu.be/rn0JILCLS9w

What helps make this little moment funny is how cartoony the characters looked. 

Amy: No, no, don't do it! 
Tails: Yes, yes, BAM! 
(Cheesy, I know). 

• Thumbs Up 2

I know it's intentional, but the most funny stuff I've seen in the Sonic games is Sonic killing himself off the game in "Sonic The Hedgehog Compact Disk". He's probably thinking:

Sonic: Well the player left me here to contemplate my thoughts. So Robotnik though he can build a Badnik to match my speed and my dashing good looks, eh? Well he's wrong! I am the fastest thing alive on any planet! Why did that pink hedgehog get herself into trouble? Hey look at this beautiful scenery! Why does Robotnik always attack the beautiful places? That fat piece of...Player? Player, what the heck are you doing? Is that your girlfriend? You are not suppose to have a girlfriend! Hey she's pretty. How did you nab her? Wait what is she...? AW DUDE THAT'S SICK! I'm outta here!

GAME OVER

Best time over scene in the history of Sonic. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie8psVVAqxc

Apologies if someone's already brought this one up, but this is a classic one, albeit an unintentional one.

Still find that hilarious. Eggman is just falling through the air while he's still attached to his seat and just makes a little shake head animation, then it gets better when he hits a falling piece of a ship, and right after that, there's the abrupt rank screen and Sonic's all like "DAT WUZ INKREDIBLE"

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...

I believe we all need a good laugh or two sometimes. So, the question is simple: what are the moments (from any depiction of Sonic: games, cartoons, comics, etcetera) that you found and still find genuinely funny, and why?

As for me, the first funny moment that comes to mind is Zeena's rapid change of mood:

I don't know why, but the way she suddendly becomes accomodating at Sonic's apologize (and the way she passes her hand on her knee blush.png  as she says "Well, in that case...!") always makes me chuckle laugh.png

Does being unintentionally funny count? Cause surely the entirety of ShTH would get my vote. Either that or Shadow kicking Silver in the head.

Though if not, that's hard to say. I'm very tempted to list every moment, but feel I wouldn't elaborate enough and would be too 'listy,' so I'll try to make a notable one.

Anytime Sonic gets faceplanted or distraught over losing a chili dog (Black Knight, Generations)

@FearTear That's one of my favourite moments in the game lol

Here's another one smile.png

Tails is gold in this XD

• Thumbs Up 3

I get the feeling this topic will 'boom' once the Boom show comes on sir.

pleaseforgivemypainfullybadjoke

I believe we all need a good laugh or two sometimes. So, the question is simple: what are the moments (from any depiction of Sonic: games, cartoons, comics, etcetera) that you found and still find genuinely funny, and why?

As for me, the first funny moment that comes to mind is Zeena's rapid change of mood:

I don't know why, but the way she suddendly becomes accomodating at Sonic's apologize (and the way she passes her hand on her knee :blush: as she says "Well, in that case...!") always makes me chuckle :lol:

Ya know after she says"oh well in that case..." If sonic didn't interrupt her what would she say? The tone of her voice just made me think she was gonna go try have a friendly conversation because she seemed to like him. To get all calm after he said sorry.

Lol but yes this scene was funny XD

• 1 year later...

Can I also just add that SpiritOfTheBlue does some pretty awesome impressions. And the manners in which he uses them...lordy..

https://vine.co/u/1092994953208111104

I had the good fortune of "meeting" this guy in a voice chat, he was slipping in and out of character and it was the best thing.

• Thumbs Up 2