Awoo.

Club Needlemouse - A Sonic Remix Album

DocAzure

You there!

Yes, you.

Do you like Sonic music? OF COURSE YOU DO!

Do you like Dance music? Well, even if you don't, listen up.

a0006522751_2.jpg

Club Needlemouse is a remix album for those of you looking for something to dance to, something to move and lose yourself in.

This album serves as a lens to the past, combining arrangements from Sonic the Hedgehog with the classic sound of 90s house and club music. Arranged and produced by RobKTA from Italy. 

That's the blurb from the website, and here's a little thing from the guy that made it.

Club Needlemouse is my first ever "serious" videogame soundtrack remix album and I'm deeply honored to publish it with the help of a label such as GameChops. This album is a double tribute to the Sonic The Hedgehog game franchise and the club and house music from the 90s. From the Genesis sound chip to the master tracks, from the video game soundtracks to full remixes, Club Needlemouse features a compendium of Sonic tunes from the original game of 1991 all the way to the upcoming Lost World, even going through the infamous 06, rearranged and remixed in funk, acid-jazz and disco house flavour. It's a combination that I'm sure every Sonic or electronic music fan will love. Enjoy!

The track list is as follows -

Proper Introduction (Title Theme, Sonic the Hedgehog)

A Badnik's Delight (Spring Yard Zone, Sonic the Hedgehog)

Millennium Future Stardust Speedway (Sonic CD)

Disco Absolution (Dreams of an Absolution, Sonic the Hegehog 2006)

MJ Garden (Marble Garden Zone, Sonic 3)

Vanishing Apotos Horizon (Sonic Unleashed)

Sambopolis (Aquatic Ruin Zone, Sonic 2)

Windy Groove (Windy Hill, Sonic Lost World)

Needlemau5 ft bLiNd (Ending Theme, Sonic 3)

Listen to it (and buy it if you like it) here - http://music.gamechops.com/album/club-needlemouse

Personally, I love how this has been done, and it really hit me as being a catchy bunch of tracks that I wouldn't hesitate to listen to over and over again.

Yes, it costs $7, but I think the price is easily justified.

Thoughts?

Edited by MadDocAzure
  • Thumbs Up 4

Okay so I know and love Windy Groove but I personally think for 9 remixes (however good they may be) $7 is a biiiit too much? I mean my 20-track Can of Nothing: Project Flash is $4 and even that's gonna be optional for 10 bonus downloads but lemme guess, rule of cashing in on existing IPs---- WHOOOOPDEFREEEAAAKINGDOOOOOIMEEEEEAAAAAAAN proper mixing. *shrug*

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, agreeing with CoN on the price. Not to mention, isn't the music copyrighted? I thought that was one of the reasons (beside non-dickishness) that TSSMA isn't for profit.

In terms of music though - HOLY FUCK THE DREAMS OF AN ABSOLUTION REMIX. ~<3

Edited by Tracker

Yeah, agreeing with CoN on the price. Not to mention, isn't the music copyrighted? I thought that was one of the reasons (beside non-dickishness) that TSSMA isn't for profit.

In terms of music though - HOLY FUCK THE DREAMS OF AN ABSOLUTION REMIX. ~<3

Well, according to the website here

All albums downloadable from GameChops.com, iTunes and Loudr.fm has acquired appropriate license. 

http://www.gamechops.com/about/

Edited by MadDocAzure
  • Thumbs Up 1