Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Reviews

Tails spin

...which isn't saying much, let's be realistic.

Oh my God, thank you, all reviewrs who gave this low score. Maybe NOW SonicTeam will think again and will actually try to deliver a genuine SONIC experience with SONIC style and music?

I sure hope they do.

?????????????????

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's another one)))

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/sonic-lost-world-wii-u

1 out of 5 xD

?????????????????

What about that? I see SLoW more as a Mario game than a genuine Sonic game. In my opinion it doesn't look, play or sound like Sonic too often to call it a Sonic game. Whether you agree with me or not (probably not) is up to you. I never, ever want Sonicteam to continue in this direction. Parkour is nice and all but everything else is terrible.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

All reviews so far in one handy easy to find location.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/10/sonic-lost-world-review-roundup/

why are you editorializing in news posts?

You should be posting the links and speaking of what they're saying, not making a qualitative assessment yourself. That's for your own general review, not for something like this. Saying "many reviewers think the game is average" is very different from saying "this game is average."

In my opinion, as TSS is community leader, this is very irresponsible.

After seeing some of the bosses in action, and especially after hearing them speak, they remind me of the Skylanders now more than ever. Not necessarily in the way their boss battles play out, but just in the way that they look, their character, the way the sound, the things that they say, etc.

why are you editorializing in news posts?

You should be posting the links and speaking of what they're saying, not making a qualitative assessment yourself. That's for your own general review, not for something like this. Saying "many reviewers think the game is average" is very different from saying "this game is average."

In my opinion, as TSS is community leader, this is very irresponsible.

What do you care? You don't pay attention to reviews.

Everthing I posted there is whats been said in the reviews quoted repeatedly.

Dismissing positive reviews by saying "it doesn't mean much" while praising bad ones as if they're the holy gospel makes you look like a hypocrite sitting in the comfort of a glass house.

I don't think so. Those who want this game to be amazing are trying to find proof for that to be happy. I want the opposite and the opposite makes me happy. Simple, really.

Having quite a few negative reviews already makes this game far from great and the amount of mediocre score only proves that saying "+" reviews overnumbering the "-" ones isn't saying much.

Notice how almost everyone in the comments calls the guy out on what a badly written review it is?

So? People still hate IGN for giving SLoW low score. Doesn't change anything.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think so. Those who want this game to be amazing are trying to find proof for that to be happy. I want the opposite and the opposite makes me happy. Simple, really.

Hypocrisy ensues.

I don't even know what ArtFenix wants.

Dood, I just want you to remember if this game gets all 1/10 and you're gloating, that's stupid because your favourite franchise could possibly die and get buried.

Being happy a game you hate is sadistic and doesn't make you look good or anything. It's no use at all.

I just don't get why the critics never mention how much better the story and characters are this time around. I don't think they did anyway. I know gameplay is important but what about the improved plot?

Watching my partner play it now. Controls look iffy, lots of frustration...but the framerate, music, cutscenes and overall presentation are fab. I can definitely see those Mario influences leaking through, but why is that a bad thing? They've been following in Mario's footsteps since Sonic Unleashed with the World Adventure sounding like the SMG main theme.

What do you care? You don't pay attention to reviews.

Everthing I posted there is whats been said in the reviews quoted repeatedly.

Dude, you're not taking the right thing from what I'm saying. The fact that you guys don't usually do this while places like TSSZ do is what made me come back to TSS for news even after leaving the community. This isn't about what I read, it's about the standard community leaders should be setting. News should never have an editorial component, whether it's related to entertainment or current events.

and as to your last statement, again, you missed the point - saying what the reviewer says does not equal speaking of it as if it were fact.

I don't approve of reviews, but that doesn't mean I don't care about the affect they and stuff like this have on the community.

I think i'll probably rent or play SLW's demo (once i get W101 or Wii U soon) in a couple months later to get an impression on down the line.

So? People still hate IGN for giving SLoW low score. Doesn't change anything.

You've wanted this game to be hated since day-1. I'm sure you must be proud about yourself thus far (don't be).

So you want people to be misreable?

Whats wrong with you?

Tell me about it. Its a terrible mindset.

Edited by Narukami07

I just don't get why the critics never mention how much better the story and characters are this time around. I don't think they did anyway. I know gameplay is important but what about the improved plot?

Watching my partner play it now. Controls look iffy, lots of frustration...but the framerate, music, cutscenes and overall presentation are fab. I can definitely see those Mario influences leaking through, but why is that a bad thing? They've been following in Mario's footsteps since Sonic Unleashed with the World Adventure sounding like the SMG main theme.

One review mentioned that the plot was wafer-thin. So, in all likelihood, they probably don't think that the story and characters are any better.

I don't even know what ArtFenix wants.

Dood, I just want you to remember if this game gets all 1/10 and you're gloating, that's stupid because your favourite franchise could possibly die and get buried.

Being happy a game you hate is sadistic and doesn't make you look good or anything. It's no use at all.

The game called Sonic Lost World is not the franchise I know and love. It doesn't even resemble it. I could care less about everything else. Seeing favorite franchise being twisted and humiliated is possibly even worse than seeing it dead. Same thing happened to lots of DMC fans. Whatever you personally see it, is up to you.

So you want people to be misreable?

Whats wrong with you?

WHAT?! Where did you get that? That has to do with the game and only with the game. I've nothing agains the people, wtf?

Oh and speaking of story, it's on par with Colors. = just as bad. Well, maybe just sliiiightly better. So many filler cutscenes that don't move the plot at all. Just characters trash-talking. Almost just as bad as in Colors.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Actually the Gametrailers.com review sound and is pretty good.The reviewer actually explains everything,not like IGN:"New means bad.5.8!!"

Having quite a few negative reviews already makes this game far from great and the amount of mediocre score only proves that saying "+" reviews overnumbering the "-" ones isn't saying much.

So basically, anyone who thinks the game is good because of some favorable reviews is "wrong" while you're "right" because you wanted the game to fail and its gotten some negative reviews too.

......You are the most spiteful dick I have ever known, just....wow.

A recent review I just read praised the Deadly Six and their individual personalities and how they're refreshing change of pace from Eggman. 

• Thumbs Up 3

One review mentioned that the plot was wafer-thin. So, in all likelihood, they probably don't think that the story and characters are any better.

I guess I could agree with them. The story is a lot better, for Sonic standards. This game is hardly in the leagues of some of the best PIXAR films.

• Thumbs Up 3

WHAT?! Where did you get that? That has to do with the game and only with the game. I've nothing agains the people, wtf?

Well...

People are looking for reasons to be happy. You want the opposite. The opposite of being happy is sad.

I guess I could agree with them. The story is a lot better, for Sonic standards. This game is hardly in the leagues of some of the best PIXAR films.

Yeah, you bring up a good point; it may be better in terms of the Sonic series, but these are people who review a multitude of games and franchises. They'll be comparing to numerous other storytelling benchmarks.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 3

The game called Sonic Lost World is not the franchise I know and love. It doesn't even resemble it. I could care less about everything else. Seeing favorite franchise being twisted and humiliated is possibly even worse than seeing it dead. Same thing happened to lots of DMC fans. Whatever you personally see it, is up to you.

Oh and speaking of story, it's on par with Colors. = just as bad. Well, maybe just sliiiightly better. So many filler cutscenes that don't move the plot at all. Just characters trash-talking. Almost just as bad as in Colors.

Character development is now trash-talking. Is all you expect 100000 demons coming on screen and dancing with Sonic or something and then random Shadow scene and then like random moves you see Sonic do you can't in-game?

Oh and well, your ideal may not be another's. I mean your ideal is not that well-recieved and it was the actual 'DmC' twisting/humiliation of the franchise to most, me included. So yeah. 

Like I've said before, the plot is a definite step up from previous games, I never said anything about it being good storytelling in general.

The quality of storytelling is a relative thing. I mean, why would you judge The Lost World by the same standards as The Last of Us? They're fundamentally different animals.