Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Reviews

Tails spin

Holy Scheiße!! My Deadly 6 edition came through the door today! Awesome.... Um, now all I need is a Wii U.. =S

& damn, I knew the game will get mixed reviews but, wow. I was rather worried at first considering how bad my day was prior to coming home from Uni. However after seeing more review results & the fact that a good majority of people here are giving it positive remarks, I'm a little more relaxed now.

Holy Scheiße!! My Deadly 6 edition came through the door today! Awesome.... Um, now all I need is a Wii U.. =S

& damn, I knew the game will get mixed reviews but, wow. I was rather worried at first considering how bad my day was prior to coming home from Uni. However after seeing more review results & the fact that a good majority of people here are giving it positive remarks, I'm a little more relaxed now.

*Imagines the box breaking through the door*

• Thumbs Up 2

I sure hope they take this and improve. Throwing every other random idea at a wall and hoping it'd stick was a hasty decision, but at least the experimental nature of it will help figure out where to go from here.

Almost expecting the next game to take this but make it notably faster and more "traditional Sonic", which in turn would probably feel more like a refined Adventure game. I'm down with that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now that I've played it I don't think "Lost World" is actually that good a title for the game.  The actual planet has no story or gameplay focus on it at all.  Something parkour or Deadly Six related would have been better.

Metacritic score for Wii U has risen to 63!

Metascore

Mixed or average reviews based on 37 Critics What's this?

10 days 9 hrs 40 mins 24 secs
until game release
  • Summary: When the Deadly Six threaten to annihilate his world, Sonic's new moves and power-ups are the only way to defeat them before it is too late. In his latest plan to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of 6 menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, whe Expand

Positivity continues to outnumber negativity!biggrin.png

No offence guys, but some of the melodrama surrounding the reviews is just...silly.

I can kind of understand why people are panicking, they really want this game to succeed, and it's....well, not. It is pretty silly though. 

From what I've seen of Lost World and what I've read in the reviews, it's definitely feels kind of like an experiment game like Unleashed. Great ideas, but the execution gets a little messy towards the end. I hope they stick with it and refine it like they did with the boost gameplay.

I'm probably going to get it on the 3DS at some point....when I get a 3DS. >.>;

Now that I've played it I don't think "Lost World" is actually that good a title for the game.  The actual planet has no story or gameplay focus on it at all.  Something parkour or Deadly Six related would have been better.

Story spoiler

~opening~

*plane crashing*

Tails: lol look it's Lost Hex

~next cutscene~

Eggman: Now then, Deadly Six who have appeared out of nowhere, go get me animals.

~gameplay~

*Wisps everywhere, even though they went back to their side of the universe*

Like what, seriously?

The story that takes part in the game is both decent and well executed in it's cutscenes. But as with Colours before it, you're left with the feeling that the beginning was missed out somehow.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Re: the lack of Lost Hex history

I actually like that aspect of the Sonic universe. Like Little Planet, it wasn't as though there was an explanation of where it came from and what it was. We just saw it appear over a lake, and the instruction book says little else except it appears for one month each year over the lake and that Time Stones are on it. 

Or the totem poles in Green Hill. No reason why they're there, it just opens up the imagination to an unexplored history of Sonic's world. It's when things get TOO fleshed out that it becomes annoying. Like Sonic '06 and all that mythology. Dark Gaia was done rather well, though it was still pretty unexplored. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Story spoiler

~opening~

*plane crashing*

Tails: lol look it's Lost Hex

~next cutscene~

Eggman: Now then, Deadly Six who have appeared out of nowhere, go get me animals.

~gameplay~

*Wisps everywhere, even though they went back to their side of the universe*

Like what, seriously?

The story that takes part in the game is both decent and well executed in it's cutscenes. But as with Colours before it, you're left with the feeling that the beginning was missed out somehow.

I believe there's that comic coming out on Halloween that acts as the prologue to the game but I agree with you. If anything that prologue should have been included in the game even if it was just one long chastened with no gameplay.

So how long until Sonic Cycle 2.0 starts?

Next game, if things go the same way that time 'round. XD

Edited by FourCartridge

I swear, I hope this is the last game with wisps because, honestly, I'm seeing absolutely no reason for them being there and they feel like a giant gimmick, so they're annoying me.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh god damn it THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS WORRIED ABOUT WHEN SLW STARTED GETTING LESS THEN GOOD SCORES

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING AGAIN, GOD DAMN IT INTERNET!

The internet is going back into it's "Sonic is dead and sucks and should die" phase because of this shit and FUCKING SHIT WE WERE MAKING PROGRESS GOD DAMN IT

It's.....tearing me.....apart..........

Sonic Cycle 2.0......no.....no..no..no no no no no no noonononononononononononononoNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

2s7uyag.gif

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 8

I swear, I hope this is the last game with wisps because, honestly, I'm seeing absolutely no reason for them being there and they feel like a giant gimmick, so they're annoying me.

Im kinda saddened to see that every person who has played the game so far had nothing nice to say about the wisps as of yet, such a bummer because I actually like them and thought they were being used well in this game from the looks of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Im kinda saddened to see that every person who has played the game so far had nothing nice to say about the wisps as of yet, such a bummer because I actually like them and thought they were being used well in this game from the looks of it.

The rocket wisp is horrendous to control since you've got to point it somewhere, but sometimes it won't point to where you're trying to point it.

The drill one is difficult, it can make you dizzy with the Wii-U motion controls.

After playing the game for a bit, the wisps are certainly an aspect I don't look forward to using because the controls are kind of bad.