Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Reviews

Tails spin

I really REALLY have the urge to almost change my mind (on purchasing W101 instead of Lost World in the end of October) and try to at least get hands-on impressions myself. 

Especially given how this game's reception is so divided as hell, it looks like i may as well just have to rely on my own brain to see things through.

In most cases people would say: "Dont hate the player, hate the game.."

But in this case, "Fuck the player, love the game"

Thats the game plan: Learn it, live it, love it #Swag

#Swag...

#Swag...

#Swag

#SWAG!

Can you please stop doing that! It kinda getting annoying...

I'm none too pleased about some of the reviews. I severely disagree with them. However there's really nothing else I can add that hasn't already been said. So all I will say is what I said on Twitter.

Please people, Go with your own opinions. Don't let any reviewer tell you what to play. You may enjoy that game whether they did or not. Regardless of what they say or think the most important opinion isn't theirs. It's everyone's. And that includes your own. You don't even have to listen to me, you may decide to listen to them. I may disagree but that is your opinion and I'm not going to force mine on you. Just keep an open mind on things guys. You'll see things you never thought you realized. And it will make you a better person, I'm sure!

I just don't want this game's reputation and sales hurt because of close minded people who don't keep an open mind on things and blindly follow their favorite reviewer regardless of what everyone else is saying. It is just not fair. Not only does this game not deserve that but this franchise as a whole, especially within the past few years, doesn't deserve that.

Edited by SSF1991
  • Thumbs Up 2

#Swag...

#Swag...

#Swag

#SWAG!

Can you please stop doing that! It kinda getting annoying...

It's a joke? Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow those clips from Gamespot remind me sooo much of Hilary's crappy IGN review where he purposely jumped off a ledge in Windmill Isle.

The controls certainly aren't the greatest (like they were in Unleashed) but it really pisses me off when they just do it for the sake of "proving" that the controls suck.

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow those clips from Gamespot remind me sooo much of Hilary's crappy IGN review where he purposely jumped off a ledge in Windmill Isle.

The controls certainly aren't the greatest (like they were in Unleashed) but it really pisses me off when they just do it for the sake of "proving" that the controls suck.

i am pretty sure he jumped off Cool Edge.

You know I feel like putting some footage together of me playing the game since I've come to terms with the parkouring pretty much perfectly, I can prove that the game isn't slow, and that it has an amazing sense of flow when you transition your parkouring flawlessly...

• Thumbs Up 2

I am patiently waiting for a video like this with Lost World 

Edited by AceZX
  • Thumbs Up 8

Lost World's reception feels like Sonic Unleashed all over again if you think about it (kinda).

Edited by Narukami07

Lost World's reception feels like Sonic Unleashed all over again if you think about it (kinda).

It's exactly like that, except even more depressing because it's following two games that even the public considered good.

I don't think I've ever been this bummed out over a video game...

• Thumbs Up 5

Hopefully this can cheer everyone up (or make everyone angry again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH3jNLX8IRo

• Thumbs Up 7

I respect Jim quite a bit, and it's cool to finally see his review after seeing his initial thoughts on the game. I'm convinced the game is worth a shot after reading it, though it definitely has flaws that will turn off plenty who just want Sonic to be "Sonic" (Sanic gotta go fast), but it sounds like it's a really good platformer underneath. Even if there are stages that sometimes show up to piss you off.

Having been in this fanbase since the 06 days, I have to admit the "REVIEWS ARE PURPOSELY MAKING IT LOOK BAD" conspiracy theories have grown rather tiresome.

Have you seen those gifs? Its not even a "theory" at this point.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's exactly like that, except even more depressing because it's following two games that even the public considered good.

I don't think I've ever been this bummed out over a video game...

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

It's alright, we'll pull through it....i'll give the game a try myself and see how it fares (who knows i might even like it).

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 3

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

It's alright, we'll pull through it....i'll give the game a try myself and see how it fares (who knows i might even like it).

Of course.

Fan reception so far has mostly deemed it to be "good enough", but for me, that's...well...not good enough at all. For a game that's following two of my favorites in the franchise, it's very discouraging.

But oh well, US release isn't even here yet. Maybe we'll get some more positive impressions by then. I'm not going to pay too much for it, though.

1382134081856_zpsb2a2d2ae.gif

1382135339933_zpsda472d00.gif

1382135798945_zps79202326.gif

These are painful to look at, Gamespot.

Are we sure this Mark Walton guy that reviewed Lost World isn't Hilary Goldstein in disguise or something.

Those look painfully close to the stupid mistakes that happened in his Unleashed review. 

Are you fucking kidding me? The reviewer isn't even holding down the run button so of course he's not going to get decent jumps with NO momentum!

What a fuckwit seriously...

Also like how he just runs into the wall on the mach speed section, lol what a tool.

• Thumbs Up 6

Are you fucking kidding me? The reviewer isn't even holding down the run button so of course he's not going to get decent jumps with NO momentum!

What a fuckwit seriously...

Also like how he just runs into the wall on the mach speed section, lol what a tool.

I will not defend the reviewers, but really, how about not having a run button, how about making level design less cheap, how about make less bottomless pits, how about make controls simpler, sonic 1,2, cd and 3&k just have 1 action button, a jump button. that all. sonic adventure had 2 action buttons: first is jump and second is spindash. I had no problems with Sonic's speed in earlier games, i don't need a run button honestly. But that just me. 

Edited by Maddnsk
  • Thumbs Up 2

Why are people saying the 3DS version wins again?

The 3DS is getting the same if not worse (according to Metacritic) reviews.

Why are people saying the 3DS version wins again?

The 3DS is getting the same if not worse (according to Metacritic) reviews.

DIMPS always makes the superior version.