Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Reviews

Tails spin

DIMPS always makes the superior version.

Not sure if serious....

*looks at Generations 3DS*

I will not defend the reviewers, but really, how about not having a run button, how about making level design less cheap, how about make less bottomless pits, how about make controls simpler, sonic 1,2, cd and 3&k just have 1 action button, a jump button. that all. sonic adventure had 2 action buttons: first is jump and second is spindash. I had no problems with Sonic's speed in earlier games, i don't need a run button honestly. But that just me. 

How about letting go of the past? Sonic has learned a whole bunch of new abilities since his classic outing and I'm not getting the "complicated controls" argument here, There's a button to Run, a button to Spindash, a button to jump and a button to duck/bounce when jumping.

SLW combines most of Sonic's current abilities in some shape or form, the level design doesn't suck either, it's perfectly made for Sonic's current set up in SLW, it's fast and fluent.

Bottomless pits? Lol, this is Sonic, get serious!

also SA2 had far more buttons assigned to it than you mentioned, how about the button to use the bounce bracelet? The fire somersault? the Mystic Light/Magic gloves/whistle/pick up etc. Honestly, SLW has many button combinations, but it's no more difficult than Unleashed's set up.

• Thumbs Up 3

Platformers without bottomless pits? How are you supposed to die, then? Mario games have plenty of them, and that's what gives you a challenge.

• Thumbs Up 3

Bottomless pits? Lol, this is Sonic, get serious!

Platformers without bottomless pits? How are you supposed to die, then? Mario games have plenty of them, and that's what gives you a challenge.

SONIC CD? 1 bottomless pit before final boss.

Edited by Maddnsk

DIMPS always makes the superior version.

Isn't that streching it a bit here? sure SLW3DS is good, but hell this doesn't redeem DIMPS for everything. this just shows that our feedback finally got into their fucking skulls.

Honestly, considering most of the other antagonists have had zero personality at all, the Deadly Six, one-dimensional as they are, are a refreshing change of pace from both generic demons that show up at the end and even Eggman. Their connection to the Lost Hex is minuscule so they can easily attack earth if they felt like it. 

And having a rogues gallery of sorts for this series probably wouldn't be too  bad.

So bring back Nack and the Battle bird armada, they are not only unigue, but interesting and fit into the style better, and could actualy have a real reason for coming back

A number of people have been saying that the 3DS version handles things much better, I won't be able to compare it for myself, as I'll only be getting that version. but I'm sure once I do... in about 2-3 weeks from now... *grumble* ...I'll gladly post my impressions in this topic.

And perhaps I'll revive the defense and analysis thread I made a month or so ago after things settle.

Edited by Indighost Rush

also SA2 had far more buttons assigned to it than you mentioned, how about the button to use the bounce bracelet? The fire somersault? the Mystic Light/Magic gloves/whistle/pick up etc. Honestly, SLW has many button combinations, but it's no more difficult than Unleashed's set up.

I hate SA2 and barely remember what that game had, sorry. I am talked about only first adventure game.

Edited by Maddnsk

Hopefully this can cheer everyone up (or make everyone angry again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH3jNLX8IRo

Ugh...it really is Unleashed all over again. Guess we gotta wait on the next Colors...or hopefully something even greater.

Sonic CD is incredibly easy.

So? i don't denied that. Just give you an example of a platformer with one bottomless pit. I dont want to rid of bottomless pits completely. Just have less of them. or may be had some opportunity to skip them by taking higher routes like in the classics.

Edited by Maddnsk

Ugh...it really is Unleashed all over again. 

I realised how this announcement happened when Inferno is not here. Memories...

Anyways, from the picture, it seems it's gonna be a lot like Unleashed.

WHICH I ADORE.

It's sad because this game resembles Unleashed in one of the worst ways possible too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep in mind that Gamespot is not a good review source, remember they hired this asshole and this mess happened.

I even say that the Gamespot review should be stricken from the record, I'm not saying this as some idiot fanboy but as someone whose seen reviews by them questioned similar to Lost World. they 100% just can't be trusted with any video game review postisive or negative.

So? i don't denied that. Just give you an example of a platformer with one bottomless pit. I dont want to rid of bottomless pits completely. Just have less of them. or may be had some opportunity to skip them by taking higher routes like in the classics.

It doesn't retort my "how are you supposed to die" argument, though. Sonic CD is the perfect example of how there is no challenge in a platformer without death pits.

Nah, how could I adore bad reviews. Really saddening but what can we do.

I mostly meant in your personal viewpoint, since you mentioned "I" in your quoted post.

It doesn't retort my "how are you supposed to die" argument, though. Sonic CD is the perfect example of how there is no challenge in a platformer without death pits.

For what it's worth, something like 50% of my deaths in Lost World were due to stage hazards and enemies, not death pits.  I can commend it for that, I think it's a very reasonable ratio for a platformer of Sonic's style.

Edited by JezMM

Official Nintendo Magazine gave Sonic Lost World for the Wii U 80%

+ Bright and breezy production values

+ Slow Sonic is more enjoyable than you'd think

- Fast Sonic is as awkward as you'd expect

"It won't be giving Mario any restless nights, but this is a far better balanced proposition than the 'hog's Wii output and is solid fun throughout".

Their Sonic Lost World for 3DS got 79%

+ A console game tailored to work on handheld

+ Absolutely beautiful in places

- Some design choices just don't work

"A worthy companion to the Wii U version, it's a very good game and an interesting take on handheld 3D platforming, something still in short supply on 3DS".

Well, that's another two positive reviews there.

Keep in mind that Gamespot is not a good review source, remember they hired this asshole and this mess happened.

I even say that the Gamespot review should be stricken from the record, I'm not saying this as some idiot fanboy but as someone whose seen reviews by them questioned similar to Lost World. they 100% just can't be trusted with any video game review postisive or negative.

What about the Lost World review is inaccurate?

So it's getting mixed to positive reviews from critics, and generally positive reviews from the general public.

Edited by Wil348

Possibly off-topic, but I want to say that while this is a pretty big blunder on GameSpot's part, it really, really shows just how stupid Metacritic is. The whole system is a mess, and GameRankings, too. 

What we need is a gaming version of RottenTomatoes, that goes less by score and more by review content.

• Thumbs Up 3