Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Reviews

Tails spin

Sonic games in particular are usually the victim of projection... the games aren't reviewed based on what they are, they're reviewed through the lens of whatever the reviewer believes to be the "correct" way to make a Sonic game (in practice, usually it amounts to WHY HE NO RUN FASTER OMG FRIENDS R DUMB).

So I guess it was just reviwers being biased when Sonic 06 was ripped apart for being a unfinished shitheap of a game?

Or when the Werehog in Unleashed was trashed as being unnecessary and tedious?

Or when Shadow the Hedgehog's overall darker and edgier theme and use of weapons was criticized as being OOC for the franchise and/or executed poorly?

Irritated of this mentality of the Sonic series being a "victim" of "hurr biased reviewers" (or -to a greater extent- "hurr unpleasable fans" but that's another story), because when people hold their doubts on a new Sonic game or when /most/ reviewers are critical of aspects of today's Sonic games, it's usually for fucking valid reasons. It's just white knighting for when a Sonic game or the series is in the spotlight of somebody's negative opinion.

This is really annoys me.

Yes playing a game for yourself is the best way to tell if you will 'like' the game or not. But to outrightly lable every review out there and by extension every additional opinion on the game as being crap or worthless is just as foolish as claiming you shouldn't take professional reviewers seriously.

Most of the time, the collective reviewer consensus is spot on. And normally if you know what you're doing when you read a review you can tell what the game is like.

The score?

The headline?

No, you look at the tone of language, the level of detail in the descriptions, aspects they like and don't like which they directly quote from their experience of the game. Then look at another review and see if that reviewer writes with a similar tone or if they bring up the same things, even if they change their preference from the other guy, the mere fact they brought it up shows you that this will be a big importance in the game.

Also this.

Anyway I'm not too stunned that people are being critical of the 2D levels, because in both Generations and (especially) Colors they've become a crutch for Sonic Team to fall back on, thus leading to most of the levels/level segments in both games are 2D rather than 3D. Although to me it seems that there is a good balance between both 2D and 3D levels this time.

Edited by Yeow the Baneful
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just so people know where I'm coming from: I thought half the stages in Sonic Colours were mediocre/frustrating as well. I'd say Sonic Lost World is about the same quality as that game aside from the bosses, which are generally crap in Lost World while Colours had a couple of decent ones.

That being said, Sonic Lost World (and Sonic Colours as well) is a 7/10.

I sure hope people know that a 7 is a good score.

Edited by TimmiT

I though most of Colors boses save for the final boss were pretty damn mediocre actually, the bosses in LW are really that bad then? I was kinda hoping otherwise from what I saw in the trailers.

I see the US delay is already working for my benefit. :/

Oh wow, worse than Colors bosses? You have to actually try to make that a possibility.

Edited by Master Zik

If it's as good as Colors then i don't mind, enjoyed Colors a lot back then and still do even if it's not perfect (no Sonic game is really).

Just so people know where I'm coming from: I thought half the stages in Sonic Colours were mediocre/frustrating as well. I'd say Sonic Lost World is about the same quality as that game aside from the bosses, which are generally crap in Lost World while Colours had a couple of decent ones.

That being said, Sonic Lost World (and Sonic Colours as well) is a 7/10.

I sure hope people know that a 7 is a good score.

Did you like Generations more btw?

Edited by Narukami07

Silly TimmiT, that's the OLD videogame rating scale. Nobody uses that anymore!

1998169-1315159660139.png

If we're using that as a scale, 6.5. :V

Did you like Generations more btw?

I've played Generations far more than I've played Sonic Lost World. Also, they're two pretty different games, so I don't think it's worth comparing the two.

Edited by TimmiT

In short, this game is fucked. Begin hype train derail.

Ye2mQUU.png

hey, dont give up so soon, wait to see what our members think, several of them before giving up

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see how it's "fucked" if it's the same quality as Colors aside from bosses, which was a good/great game by the way.

• Thumbs Up 7

hey, dont give up so soon, wait to see what our members think, several of them before giving up

Nope, this game is doomed. I'd even say I knew all along it was doomed from the start and my hunches were right.

I am not being serious btw :s

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope, this game is doomed. I'd even say I knew all along it was doomed from the start and my hunches were right.

Oh you!tongue.png

You shouldn't have even needed to post this, but what can you do?

There are two more people who said they hated it, not just the comment alone...

Edited by Narukami07