Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Reviews

Tails spin

Is GameRankings system that bad?

It's basically the same thing except with percentages, so I'd say so.

We keep ranking games based on numbers, when that's honestly pretty asinine.

It's basically the same thing except with percentages, so I'd say so.

We keep ranking games based on numbers, when that's honestly pretty asinine.

Yeah, honestly I like how the CGR crew does their reviews, they give their opinions on stuff along with the details of the game.

What about the Lost World review is inaccurate?

You can sum it all up by him basically saying "I can't do sanic so worst game evar!!" that and the video hints to him screwing up on purpose.

- Fast Sonic is as awkward as you'd expect

I wonder if leaving out the fast Sonic would have led to higher reviews. At least it will kill the "unknown identity" portion of the game.

Theres nothing like that of the sort in his review.

If people are really bringing up those gifs that are doing the rounds, there have been instances of general gamers being that bad or messing up. Heck on the honey comb stage I messed up like that at one point. Controls just wern't very good.

• Thumbs Up 1

The honeycomb gif though you clearly see him making no effort to steer left or right.  I died in a similar place several times, but it's usually because I overshot due to twitchy controls and went TOO far, missing the entrance and splatting on the wall to the right of it, rather than the one I was initially heading towards.

The only way the honeycomb could not be the player's fault is if the game was literally denying them from moving right into the next plain of gravity, which has never happened to me once.

• Thumbs Up 7

Remember IGN where they would jump above a jump pad and fall into a bottomless pit? I can see why people are nitpicking Gamespot for the same exact reason.

The reviewers didn't like the game for very simple and clear reasons. I fail to see why people are so confused and angry about it.

They thought the game was too slow, they thought it had unfair difficulty with poor level design and they thought the controls were bad.

All these complaints are fair and justified. 

I, however, just happen to like the game's slower pace and am good enough at Sonic to overcome the cheap difficulty and awkward controls.

It's all down to personal opinion and interpretation. Come on guys, I'm sure the critics don't have a secret reason to hate Sonic and I'm also sure they aren't purposely dying to make a point.

1382135798945_zps79202326.gif

This is inexcusable.

It's pretty appalling gameplay I agree. However, that is a very thin line of ground to run on, that crumbles, for a first level. It's pretty tricky for a non-Sonic player.

This is how my boyfriend used to play Sonic Generations, he was horrendous at it.

We have to keep in mind that we are all experts in Sonic. The critics aren't as good as us at Sonic.

Yes. Because when a platform crumbles your first instinct is to go backwards.

what

The reviewer probably just got confused because they weren't expecting a thin, crumbling path above a bottomless pit on the first level.

It's really not as ridiculous as people are making out. 

The reviewer probably just got confused because they weren't expecting a thin, crumbling path above a bottomless pit on the first level.

Problem here is, the first level is a set of platforms suspended over the freaking sky.

It seems like common sense to me, and I've not even played the game.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's really not as ridiculous as people are making out. 

Okay dude now I know your kidding me cause if the first few paths crumble from you walking on them even a kid would know not to back, im not narking on the reviewers but the guy obviously did that on purpose no matter how much you say he didn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

The level introduces crumbling platforms before that specific area by putting speed boosters that shoot you across platforms while you see them crumbling behind you.

When you then come across those same identical platforms later on in the level lacking the speed boosters which is the area shown in that gif, a player's first instinct should be to progress straightforward in order to avoid certain death. This is classic game design 101 mentality, you introduce the player to a concept that would not punish you, but it then eases you into the game reusing that same concept but this time letting you handle it on your own.

Not only that, but the player is shown progressing forward for the first five seconds before moving backwards, away from his goal.

It's inexcusable.

So do you honestly think the reviewer intended to die?

Why would they do that?

I think it's far more likely that they just died due to poor controls or not being good at the game e.t.c.

Why would they do that?

I think it's far more likely that they just died due to poor controls or not being good at the game e.t.c.

I'm sorry, are you really trying to suggest that the reason he turned around 180 degrees and went backwards is due to poor controls? 

Edited by Gatestormer
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry, are you really trying to suggest that the reason he turned around 180 degrees and went backwards is due to poor controls? 

It's more likely than the reviewer having a secret evil hatred of Sonic and recording them-self intentionally dying to slam the game.

Let's just put it that way.

I'm siding with Carbo in this, while the controls aren't perfect by any means i'd severely doubt the average player would enact the idiot-ball and go back to collect rings for no other reason. It just screams incompetence tbh.

Edited by Narukami07
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why would they do that?

....I think you need to look at this again.

He literally just... TURNS AROUND... Unless somehow when he was pushing the Analog forward Sonic magically went in the opposite direction, I doubt there is any bad control having to do with it.

Edited by Straw Hat
  • Thumbs Up 3

....I think you need to look at this again.

He literally just... TURNS AROUND... Unless somehow when he was pushing the Analog forward Sonic magically went in the opposite direction, I doubt there is any bad control having to do with it.

Its a bad as Hilary having Sonic jump off a ramp when everyone and their mother could just move towards it and proceed o through the level.

It's more likely than the reviewer having a secret evil hatred of Sonic and recording them-self intentionally dying to slam the game.

Let's just put it that way.

I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that anyone could make the "mistake" of literally turning AROUND when the platform is crumbling BEHIND them.

Hell, not even Sonic 06 was that bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hell, not even Sonic 06 was that bad.

Sonic 06 was that bad. Having played the game myself and watching Game Grumps play it, I can guarantee you that the controls of Sonic 06 have led to many fails of that nature.