Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Reviews

Tails spin

Sonic 06 was that bad. Having played the game myself and watching Game Grumps play it, I can guarantee you that the controls of Sonic 06 have led to many fails of that nature.

Hey thats a thought, we should contact all the you tube reiewers and lets players we can, especialy those who love sonic, and have them help spread some positive buzz! anyone here in the mood to contact the game grumps for example

Sonic 06 was that bad. Having played the game myself and watching Game Grumps play it, I can guarantee you that the controls of Sonic 06 have led to many fails of that nature.

Don't get me wrong. What I'm saying is that as bad as the game was programmed, it wasn't that bad to the point where while pressing forward, you'd spontaneously turn around.

I can say for sure that (obviously) any other popular game that gets 10's or 9s in score may not translate into a home-run with most fans that have played said-popular game. Skyward Sword (ugh), NSMB2, FFXIII, GTAIV, etc come to mind.

Edited by Narukami07

Hey thats a thought, we should contact all the you tube reiewers and lets players we can, especialy those who love sonic, and have them help spread some positive buzz! anyone here in the mood to contact the game grumps for example

Game Grumps? They aren't even Sonic Fans nor I think they would go out of their way just to talk about a game they haven't played.

Unless someone send them a copy.

I was doing to get Generation 06 and unleashed by now, get Lost world on 3DS will be a pleasure or Wii-U if there enough intrest games release. Also am sure the Sonic Cycle is pretty much over. i expected IGN of course.

I was doing to get Generation 06 and unleashed by now, get Lost world on 3DS will be a pleasure or Wii-U if there enough intrest games release. Also am sure the Sonic Cycle is pretty much over. i expected IGN of course.

Unfortunately in the eyes of the general public the sonic cycle is never over.

A Sonic game could get an 8 or 9/10 in general scores and it still won't stop people from bringing it up.

Sega can't catch a break.

Sonic himself, though, has become a rude, mouthy, rebellious teenager who treats his friends like garbage.

what

"The entire ring system is broken in a 3D world. The player is still allowed one hit, but it’s maddening to collect over 300 rings in one stage, only to lose them all at the end, and only be able to re-collect a handful of them due to the 3D gameplay.

..Welcome to Sonic?

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/sonic-lost-world-wii-u

I honestly feel that scores like 1/10 or 2/10 should only be reserved to games that are completely broken. Sonic Lost Worlds is quite polished and looks amazing. Sure the gameplay can be dodgy, but that doesn't mean it's broken. Sonic 06, maybe? Sonic Lost Worlds? Definitely not. I understand it being average but TWO? Ehhh

Actually pretty fair review for a score of 6.

The idea that gaming critics are paid off by companies to give certain games a good score is a massive conspiracy theory that has very little, if any, evidence to support it. Gaming critics are just like you and me and are employed to give their personal opinion about games, nothing more.

Oh, but I guess the positive reviews for Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure,  Sonic 4: Episode 1, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations were just the result of Sonic Team paying off the critics. Shame they didn't pay the critics off with all their games! WHOOPISE!

The reviewers for Lost World tended to criticize the game for poor controls, being too slow and cheap level design. All of these points are true about the game and it's just denying the facts to disagree. And with that GIF, it's possible that the reviewer faked the death to try to get the point across about the poor controls. However, that's more to do with reviewer laziness and incompetence and does not equate to critics giving certain Sonic games bad scores because they aren't get bribed by Sonic Team.

That's not to say that people shouldn't make up their minds about the game, of course they should! I really like Lost World, but I can see why the reviewers, who aren't hardcore Sonic fans like us, found reason to dislike this game.

This whole conspiracy theory about game critics is fucking stupid and needs to die in a fire.

• Thumbs Up 1

The idea that gaming critics are paid off by companies to give certain games a good score is a massive conspiracy theory that has very little, if any, evidence to support it. Gaming critics are just like you and me and are employed to give their personal opinion about games, nothing more.

Oh, but I guess the positive reviews for Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure,  Sonic 4: Episode 1, Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations were just the result of Sonic Team paying off the critics. Shame they didn't pay the critics off with all their games! WHOOPISE!

The reviewers for Lost World tended to criticize the game for poor controls, being too slow and cheap level design. All of these points are true about the game and it's just denying the facts to disagree. And with that GIF, it's possible that the reviewer faked the death to try to get the point across about the poor controls. However, that's more to do with reviewer laziness and incompetence and does not equate to critics giving certain Sonic games bad scores because they aren't get bribed by Sonic Team.

That's not to say that people shouldn't make up their minds about the game, of course they should! I really like Lost World, but I can see why the reviewers, who aren't hardcore Sonic fans like us, found reason to dislike this game.

This whole conspiracy theory about game critics is fucking stupid and needs to die in a fire.

But even if they did fake that death to get the point across thats still pretty darn bad because you as the reviewer are sending the wrong message to people about the controls and while I doubt too many people would believe it the IGN followers definitely will and it gives a very negative impression on the game.

1382135798945_zps79202326.gif

This is inexcusable.

Theres a run button... 

you don't walk on crumbling platforms... YOU RUN. they also showed a part where he failed to jump over to the next platform, its was a long jump, usually that means jump off the edge of the one your on, he jump from the BEGINNING of the one he was on to land straight in the pit.

• Thumbs Up 1

But even if they did fake that death to get the point across thats still pretty darn bad because you as the reviewer are sending the wrong message to people about the controls and while I doubt too many people would believe it the IGN followers definitely will and it gives a very negative impression on the game.

I've looked at the GIF, and I concede it's possible that the reviewer intentionally died.

However, that's not proof that the reviewers secretly hate the Sonic franchise, only that this specific reviewer was lazy and recorded a fake death that was meant to emulate a death he actually suffered through poor controls rather than record a genuine death.

The GIF can only prove that the reviewer is lazy and does not prove that the reviewer, and all other critics by extension, secretly hate Sonic.

I still think the "too slow" comments are pretty jarring. I don't want Sonic to be too fast, i just want him toned down just right to avoid boosting too much.

Man that's just B role some intern captured to go with his narration.  

How come you're the only one whose figured this out?

He's blatently written the review/recorded the audio for his review, then someone has gone on the game to try and shoot some footage to go along with it.

How come you're the only one whose figured this out?

He's blatently written the review/recorded the audio for his review, then someone has gone on the game to try and shoot some footage to go along with it.

If that footage would have been the best way to actually substantiate an opinion which is what video reviews generally ought to do in comparison with plain written reviews, then it's doing a terrible job in actually proving a point. A written review can say a lot of things but a lot of people will want to go watch footage and videos of the game to actually understand more how it works.

It doesn't matter who is recording the footage at what time, space and existence. In the end that footage is what is being chosen to be attached and associated to the written piece itself. The burden of proof is on the writer to make sure the claims are being supported properly. This is what according to the publication accurately represents "bad controls/level design", and it still makes the review look bad.

• Thumbs Up 8

What the fuck is everyone talking about conspiracy theories for, I thought the discussion was "he blatantly died on purpose here to backup his experience, which is still a form of lying that is unfair to the game", not "he blatantly died on purpose here because he hates Sonic and wants the franchise to fail thanks obama".

• Thumbs Up 1

The idea that gaming critics are paid off by companies to give certain games a good score is a massive conspiracy theory that has very little, if any, evidence to support it.

You have much to learn, young grasshopper.

• Thumbs Up 1

What the fuck is everyone talking about conspiracy theories for, I thought the discussion was "he blatantly died on purpose here to backup his experience, which is still a form of lying that is unfair to the game", not "he blatantly died on purpose here because he hates Sonic and wants the franchise to fail thanks obama".

I assumed the argument took a turn when it was insisted that dying on purpose is something a game reviewer would never do on account of it actually being dishonest, because apparently game journalists are all perfectly honest. Me and turbojet essentially said that "the game journalism industry has done much worse than this; it's not a leap of faith then to believe that there is edited footage of games out there for their reviews, especially when one can visually discern it or back it up with their own experiences and evidence." 

Now here we are.

• Thumbs Up 3