Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Reviews

Tails spin

Colors multiplayer was pretty bad. Sonic games haven't had a decent multiplayer mode in a while.

It's a relief to see multiplayer come back with actual levels to run through. Shame it doesn't have online.

3ds version has online I'm pretty sure..................

Alright, pardon me if i'm going to sound blunt by saying this, as others are allowed to express their opinion. But i personally find this statement inherently insulting.

For all of Sonic Lost world's legitimate flaws, there is no way in hell that they could compare to that abomination that was 06. Heck, i'd be offended if Unleashed was compared to 06 as well. I realize that i may not consistently enjoy SLW as much as Gens or Colors once i get it, but sure as hell won't look at it as a huge disaster that is unanimously agreed to be a shit stain towards the franchise as a whole.

That game was in a whole new level of trash, and i'd be disappointed if Sega reverted back to boosting out of blatant discourage of ever evolving the series towards something more than just less depth with more speed focus.

Key words though "for me" - if their enjoyment was on the same level as Sonic 2006, fair enough.

Other key words "since Sonic 2006", this does not mean it is as bad as 2006, it just means they feel it's as close as the series has got to being that bad.  "As close as the series has got" does not mean "almost as bad as" or "just as bad as", it just means this game disappointed them more than any other game that has come out since 2006.

Nothing to be offended over really.

How is the multiplayer for Lost World Wii U? So many reviewers are leaving this out and it's frustrating to see nothing about it. Is it fun? Does it have variety? Does it work? Multiplayer is a big piece to many and this could push people to buy it.

@Warp - Yes it does :D

How is the multiplayer for Lost World Wii U? So many reviewers are leaving this out and it's frustrating to see nothing about it. Is it fun? Does it have variety? Does it work? Multiplayer is a big piece to many and this could push people to buy it.

@Warp - Yes it does biggrin.png

same here(though I do plan to get it either way though)

and both Competitive and co-op multiplayer

Admittedly I will apologise for not discussing the multiplayer in the TSS review, but I genuinely have not had a chance to try it out so I didn't think it would be fair on the game to half-heartedly take a guess at how good it might be. I can't imagine it being anything too amazing though.

SA2 was incredibly memorable based on multiplayer racing alone.

I wonder if Lost World is going to be the same. It seems like no one is bothering to try it out.

Pretty much what the conclusion says really - I think it's a good game but I couldn't help but notice its many flaws, hence why I spend time discussing both the highs and lows in detail. And "flip-flop" is a good way of describing what the game itself is like, actually. One minute it's brilliant, the next it's frustrating.

So you think that despite the flip-flopping it averages out to a good experience, from what I take it?

So you think that despite the flip-flopping it averages out to a good experience, from what I take it?

It generally leans more on the side of good than bad, yeah. It just never does quite enough to tip the scales any further than that though.

Nothing to be offended over really.

Even if it isn't, it does not stop me from wanting to express my disagreement with the post in any other way. That is all.

But sorry if i came out of line, i just get extremely cranky when it comes to Sonic 06 in general.

Edited by Narukami07

It sounds to me from reading MK's review that it's just an average game that doesn't have anything wrong with it on a technical level, except for the wisps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTiBoTMWrW4

- Control is superb

- Amazing graphics

- Kickass soundtrack

- Best Multiplayer in a Sonic game yet

- New ideas are well implemented. One example is falling to your cheap death is avoided by Sonic parkouring up the ledge.

- Unlimited amounts of alternate routes that increase replay value

- Goes back to what Sonic's classic gameplay. Speed was never the main focus, just a marketing gimmick.

- Spindash allows you to go close to super fast speeds closer to Sonic Generations.

- Great level design

9/10

An excellent review. Pretty much how I feel about LW. I like how he talks about the poor jumping physics which I still find frustrating.

"Sonic's speed has always been more of a marketing gimmick. It's never been a lead foundation on the games design. Unleashed and other games perhaps fell for their own blast-processing catch phrase, but throughout most games Sonic has only ever given the illusion of being the fastest thing alive. Sonic games have never truly been about speed at all. It's by no means slow, but the speed is just right to be able to base the game on platforming and not just visual spectacle."

- I love this guy so much!

Oh and TSS review was good as well tongue.png

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 7

That quote is SO true that it deserves to get sig'd. Done.

Edit: I'm probably just gonna make it into some sort of picture instead.

Edited by Autosaver

That quote is SO true that it deserves to get sig'd. Done.

Way ahead of you. Just added that quote to my signature.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 2

I too haven't had chance to try out the multiplayer, otherwise I'd have helped out with that part in the TSS review. I won't even ask my wife to play it, because I seriously doubt she'd want to, and I don't see my friends and family often. When I do see them, it's usually away from my flat. THIS is why online multiplayer should have been on Wii U, too.

I too haven't had chance to try out the multiplayer, otherwise I'd have helped out with that part in the TSS review. I won't even ask my wife to play it, because I seriously doubt she'd want to, and I don't see my friends and family often. When I do see them, it's usually away from my flat. THIS is why online multiplayer should have been on Wii U, too.

Now that I'm past school age, I can seldom get any friends over who'd be interested in playing multiplayer. Online is such basic standard these days I tend to look upon games negatively if they only offer local over online.

• Thumbs Up 6

Now that I'm past school age, I can seldom get any friends over who'd be interested in playing multiplayer. Online is such basic standard these days I tend to look upon games negatively if they only offer local over online.

I'm 27, and if I asked anyone I know if they wanted to come round my flat to play some Sonic, I'd be laughed at and probably wouldn't be able to live it down for a while. 

• Thumbs Up 4

When the game comes to the states hopefully I'll be able to give my impressions on the cmpetitve multiplayer and Co-op thankfully my roommate loves him some Sonic lolz

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm 27, and if I asked anyone I know if they wanted to come round my flat to play some Sonic, I'd be laughed at and probably wouldn't be able to live it down for a while. 

"You want to play Sonic?! That's for BAAAAAAAAABIES! IGN gave that shit a 5.8 which everyone knows means it's total crap. Get COD out and let's shoot some mofos, you get me?"

• Thumbs Up 5

"You want to play Sonic?! That's for BAAAAAAAAABIES! IGN gave that shit a 5.8 which everyone knows means it's total crap. Get COD out and let's shoot some mofos, you get me?"

I would, but REAL GAMERS play stuff other than CoD.( The fact that I can say this now is hilarious.)

The Sonic fanbase growing up.

'Sniff 'sniff. We're too old for Sonic. sad.png

Well if I'm too old for Sonic and playing only "adult" games and not having a varied taste in video gaming is the right thing to do now, I never wanna grow up.

Edited by Ghostly Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

What's sad is the game is like 3 points away from a Sonic 06 score.

..........................wtf

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK??!?!?!?!!!!!!?????!?!?!!!

I swear to God, they hate that hedgehog.

Edited by SnipSnap

I would, but REAL GAMERS play stuff other than CoD.( The fact that I can say this now is hilarious.)

Yeah, I know. FIFA's where it's at, man. B)

lolno

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic Lost World IGN 3DS review

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/10/22/sonic-lost-world-3ds-review

It got a 6.8.

I don't see why we can't play both. I personally have a healthy 50/50 dose of Battlefield and Sonic.