Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Reviews

Tails spin

Wow, it's Sonic Unleashed all over again, but with slightly better scores. 

One editor at IGN loved the game...to bad that she wasn't the one who reviewed it as she even said that the controls were brilliant.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh my God, thank you, all reviewrs who gave this low score. Maybe NOW SonicTeam will think again and will actually try to deliver a genuine SONIC experience with SONIC style and music?

I sure hope they do.

• Thumbs Up 1

The first bit of that Gamespot video was frustrating, as it just clips to Sonic getting hit or dying for player mistakes, though telling it off like it wasn't his fault (like just strolling at walking speed on falling platforms that showed you that they're falling on multiple occasions by that point. And what the heck was wobbling back and forth for the long coming wall ahead on the mach-speed thing when there's obvious paths to the sides to take way in advance?).

On a personal level reviews don't affect me much, but on a grander scale it's frustrating to see such whiplash for nitpicks and loosely based comparing, since I'm sure the people who make the games and whatnot watch/read these things instead of what most people are saying.

Just gah, why can't I play the game right now to see if this is all bullshittery or if they're actually spot on, or a mixture of both.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh my God, thank you, all reviewrs who gave this low score. Maybe NOW SonicTeam will think again and will actually try to deliver a genuine SONIC experience with SONIC style and music?

I sure hope they do.

Or morr likely they'll just crawl back into their rock and start pumpin out mediocre 2D titles with no story and Sonic anD Eggman only to apease the reviewr overlords and you'll never see your gritty Sonic in this or any lifetime.

Edited by Wonder ED
  • Thumbs Up 1

I sure hope they do.

Depends on the ratio of good to bad. And if this turns out as mixed in reception like Unleashed, best expect them to keep the SLW formula and optimize it like they did with Unleashed's boost gameplay.

Damn... Wasn't expecting such varied scores. Just got home with the Wii U version, so I'll go check it out for myself.

Tallying up the scores so far, the Wii U version comes out at an average of 61.1%. I'm disappointed. The game is better than that.

Welp, looks like LW will end up being delisted. :\

I'm still getting it, because I really want to see a modern Sonic game that's been slowed down.

I just can't see it. Sonic controls great in this game, it takes a lot of getting used to but I guess people didn't give it enough time.

Looks like they just prefer  BOOST BOOST BOOST hold one button GOTTA GO FAST action.

Edited by KrazyBean

I'm conflicted now......with this stuff happening out of the blue.....i'm contemplating on if i should change what game i should get this month.......

This is Unleashed all over again.....

Y'know, the stuff I've seen and played is great. Hasn't matched up at all to what the majority of the highly negative reviews are saying. Urgh. How I wish SEGA hadn't pushed back the US release to Oct 29th. Then I wouldn't be stuck here pondering about the fully-released version.

Edited by Jovahexeon

Tallying up the scores so far, the Wii U version comes out at an average of 61.1%. I'm disappointed. The game is better than that.

Slightly better than Sonic Unleashed. Wow, I didn't think that this game would be destroyed like this. Oh well, this gameplay is never happening again so back to the drawing board.

This is what Sonic gets for changing his gameplay style so much so frequently I guess.

Slightly better than Sonic Unleashed. Wow, I didn't think that this game would be destroyed like this. Oh well, this gameplay is never happening again so back to the drawing board.

This is what Sonic gets for changing his gameplay style so much so frequently I guess.

Yeah, this turned out worse than i expected......

Sega's going to bring back the boost gameplay, calling it.

I sure hope they do.

Please tell me more about your opinion, because if I had to guess... I'd say you hate this game... But that's just a wild guess, because you never left that clear/sarcasm btw

Now lets hope they decide to enhance the Lost Worlds formula, instead of scrapping it and going backwards, Iizuka, please, choose the right thing... Oh who am I kidding this is the dude who allowed Fingers the Buffedchidna, we're going back to Boost style T-T

Oh who am I kidding this is the dude who allowed Fingers the Buffedchidna, we're going back to Boost style T-T

Uuuughghghghgh......T-T I'm legitimately sad as hell right now........

God I fucking hope not.

I wished so too, but it very well may happen....especially after i made a topic a few weeks ago on the potential of SLW's gameplay with different characters.

Hell i wonder if Sega still has their de-listing policy on sonic games that have gotten worse scores....

Edited by Narukami07

I sure hope they do.

Oh get down off your high pedestal Art! I swear to god, you getting snarky makes me want to kill a kitten. Edited by Wil348
  • Thumbs Up 2