Awoo.

Story Discussion: Is world conquest too low-stakes these days?

Dr. Mechano

So apparently, you've never heard of things like Gunboat Diplomacy, which is a display of military force and less about sitting down and talking. Or things like Hard Power? Even war, which is more action based is another form of diplomacy, which things like sneaking around and digging dirt on people or undermining them can be a part of.

Diplomacy is the act of managing relations between states or people, not about sitting down and talking about things, which FYI is only ONE form of diplomacy. You dont need a degree in political science to know you can manage by threatening them or working with them.

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic

You are basically taking the most ass-backwards definition of diplomacy and putting it in front.

I guess all Sonic games have been about diplomacy via spin attack.

I didn't know the dictionary definition was ass-backwards, and the other stuff like gunboat diplomacy I just looked up. Maybe war was stretching but the definition of diplomacy is pretty much what I gave you; I guess a synonym for it would be "negotiation".

EDIT: Also, snooping, digging dirt, and exposing it? Also known as Espionage/Spying. Closely linked as a part of Diplomacy. Ass-backwards, I think not.

I guess all Sonic games have been about diplomacy via spin attack.

Well, if you wanna stretch it that way, then go right on ahead.

EDIT2: Hilariously, you could almost stretch that into a form of Coercive Diplomacy with an ultimatum of "stop trying to take over the world or I'll fuck your shit up by spin-attacking it."

Edited by CreepySpiritSonic