Awoo.

Game Trailers' Top 5 Worst Sonic Games: "We like pooping on Sonic"

Indigo Rush

They don't let you embed, so here's a direct link to their crappy video player:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/ko0px9/gt-countdown-top-5-worst-sonic-games

It's everything you'd expect it to be. Worst part is that they didn't even mention the Storybook games or Sonic's Schoolhouse.

5 - Shadow the Hedgehog

4 - Sonic Free Riders

3 - Sonic 3D Blast

2 - Sonic R

1 - Sonic 2006

But it's okay, they assure us that Sonic's newest outing, Zippy the Porcupine, will keep you happy.

Yes they actually said that.

Edited by Indighost Rush

Im not watching this garbage, someone just please list what games made the cut.

Also I don't think I need to bring up my classic "Worst List Makes in History" crack again.

Edited by SoniManbeast

In other news, GT makes #1 in the "Top Ten Worst List makers in gaming history" list.

Edited by Autosaver

So are we going to spend this topic just shitting on gametrailers for liking certain Sonic games less than we do or what?

So are we going to spend this topic just shitting on gametrailers for liking certain Sonic games less than we do or what?

It's a thread about circlejerking because some intern threw together a lazy video for the purposes of circlejerking.

It's all very existential.

• Thumbs Up 6

We could talk about how many mainstream gaming media outlets still won't leave Sonic's dark days alone.

In hindsight I should have thought twice before making this topic, that is unless it can make some valuable discussion about that sort of issue.

Edited by Indighost Rush

But it's okay, they assure us that Sonic's newest outing, Zippy the Porcupine, will keep you happy.

Yes they actually said that.

They also acknowledged that Colors, Generations and Lost World were good games and the series was going up. They probably just pointed that game out because they thought it was interesting.

I really don't see the point in getting rilled up about this. It doesn't even have any content worth getting pissed off over it in it. It's just.......lazy. 

Reading the spoiler in Indigo's OP, I... can't actually fault any of their choices.

I mean, sure, 3D Blast is a very subjective game, and even Sonic R I wouldn't rank any lower than

Shadow the fucking Hedgehog... but most of these are deservedly bad games in their own rights, and on choices alone they seem more or less to be on the right track.

What worries me more is less their choices, and more their reasoning. Which wasn't something Gametrailers was very good at around the time I stopped giving them any attention, and I don't want to subject myself to it again because it always makes me want to punch a puppy.

• Thumbs Up 1

They give them a passing mention, yes. They don't really go out of their way to do so, though. It went something along the lines of...

"Sonic's doing well for now but lets remember the bad times! Hooray!"

I'm more curious about their choices, though. Out of all of the Sonic games that have been released, there are quite a few that are more worthy of making it into that top 5 list. 2/5 of that list was comprised of racing games, in fact.

Sonic Drift was much worse than Sonic R. :v

EDIT: and what Blacklightning said: their reasoning seems a bit shakey.

In hindsight, this topic doesn't really have enough going for it to warrant it's existence. I should have approached the subject matter differently. Feel free to lock this.

Edited by Indighost Rush

Is it because Sonic Lost World is out in some parts of the world and they feel the need to hurry up and make a worst Sonic games list to remind us the bad times the series had?

We could talk about how many mainstream gaming media outlets still won't leave Sonic's dark days alone

No offense, but we have more topics about that then there are actually gaming media outlets writing shitty hit pieces about Sonic's dark days.

• Thumbs Up 8