Awoo.

Lost World: Discussion, Impressions and Fan Reviews

Carbuncle

Without spoiling it.

Amy has SOMEWHAT of a role.

This is the worst role I have ever seen Knuckles in. He's basically an extra.

Worst role?

Worse than 06? Really? You could do much worse than merely being an extra.....

Worst role?

Worse than 06? Really? You could do much worse than merely being an extra.....

It's his worst role because he's virtually not in.

I think he has...2 lines of dialogue?

Yea, Knuckles is kinda useless here. In 06, he at least DID something, even if it was minor and inconsequential.

Yeah, as much as I enjoyed his antics with the little animals, Knuckles was really the only character that could've been cut out of the game and nothing would've changed. 

Then again, expecting him and Amy doing anything important than just sitting around babysitting the animals was just optimistic thinking.

Oh shit guys, Carbo liked a 3D Sonic game; the end is truly near.

Well hed DID like a few others so it's not that far fetch'd really.

Edited by SoniManbeast

Well hd DID like other so it's not that far fetch'd really.

Well, I'd say I'm only kind of fond of Colors and Adventure. I consider every other installment sub-par at best.

Sonic Lost World Wii U has to be the biggest cock tease ever.

The first few levels in = Fantastic.Good controls, beautiful graphics, brilliant music, good level design and fun story.

Later levels in: WTF is this shit? Huge difficulty spikes, terrible and frustrating level design, useless Wisps and too much automation.

I'm at Lava Mountain Zone 2 right now and this is more frustrating than Frozen Factory Zone 2 was. Some of the enemy and obstacle placement is just terrible, but the biggest problem is fighting the air inertia. 

I didn't think Frozen Factory 2 was frustrating. I thought it was a nice unique stage myself. I didn't really struggle with it. But yes, late game level design is absolutely awful.

I didn't think Frozen Factory 2 was frustrating. I thought it was a nice unique stage myself. I didn't really struggle with it. But yes, late game level design is absolutely awful.

Late game as in? Like the last two-three levels or what?

Late game as in? Like the last two-three levels or what?

From what I saw, basically Sky Road onward.

they didn't just knock the ball completely out of the park, they made a full home run as well!

Th-This is the same thing. <w<;

-quietly steps out-

• Thumbs Up 2

^Is it worse than the later stages of Colors?

Wha? If anything the game got BETTER later in the game.

• Thumbs Up 4

From what I saw, basically Sky Road onward.

Pretty much. Though certain aspects of Silent Forest felt annoying as well, like the owl searchlight section.

I wouldn't say anything in the game was very hard, like Ninja Gaiden or even certain parts of Mario.

It's more like that the game can just throw bullshit cheap obstacles your way. And, almost all the time, these cheap obstacles are insta-kills. I'm thinking of those bomb-carts in the rail levels, the lava and the chop-blades as examples.

Once you've played the level, it's fine, but until then it's trial and error bs.

It's made worse by the lives system, which seriously needs to be dropped.

Edited by Carbuncle

Beat the game now. Love the story, but the game as whole I'm 50/50 on. Half the levels are fun, while many in the later half of the game are just frustrating in my opinion. Will be contributing to the TSS review with a small second opinion.

Can we please not start this shit again? It's one thing to express an opinion but it's another when you take it towards a new level in provoking unnecessary flame wars in a forum in regards to throwing the "your a fanboy" card against an individual.

We're in a Sonic forum, not Gamefaqs. Let's keep it that way and agree to disagree.

>calls you blind for not seeing made up flaws

>makes up flaws to blindly ignore game's stronger points

mkay

• Thumbs Up 6

Wha? If anything the game got BETTER later in the game.

Aww crap, wrong game. XD

Have there been any mainline Sonic game's where it's later half is comparable to Lost World by any chance?

Aww crap, wrong game. XD

Have there been any mainline Sonic game's where it's later half is comparable to Lost World by any chance?

I think it's comparable to how Sonic Adventure gets pearshaped with levels like Lost World and Final Egg.

I think it's comparable to how Sonic Adventure gets pearshaped with levels like Lost World and Final Egg.

Oh....those levels....DX

I'm guessing it's also like (sorry if i'm asking too much) Unleashed-2.0 in terms of fun and frustrating levels also?

Oh....those levels....DX

I'm guessing it's also like (sorry if i'm asking too much) Unleashed-2.0 in terms of fun and frustrating levels also?

I don't think any of the levels are anywhere near as bad as the Werehog was.

If we are talking about Daytime levels, I would consider nearly all levels In Lost World better.

Question, has anybody tried it with the Co-op mode yet, it has been seemed to be heavily overlooked, and I am wondering if it might improve the gameplay?

And also there has been no mention of the competitive multiplayer either