Awoo.

Lost World: Discussion, Impressions and Fan Reviews

Carbuncle

So today, I finished Sonic Lost World after buying it a week or so ago.

Difficulty level was fucking cray after a couple worlds (Tropical Coast, I'm looking right at you, and all levels afterwards), but the animation/level design was fluid (definitely cartoony, to my pleasant surprise; I loved the bounce animations in particular), FPS was fantastic, and the story was pretty good (despite the crappy ending).

I found some of the Deadly Six to be paper thin, however; others were a constant laugh riot ("I'M GONNA POUND THAT SPINY BLUE BUTT OF YOURS", "Yet another useless confrontation..."). Sonic was cheeky and funny, and I could see him having a variety of emotions throughout the game, especially in the final acts.

Orbot and Cubot have finally made me like the both of them, having not really enjoyed their presence in Sonic games prior to Lost World.

Good heavily outweighs the bad, in my opinion. I most definitely prefer it over Colors and Gen, at the least. Was a good game all around, and I'm hoping some aspects of it stick; what SEGA finds to not work, they can simply keep on working on it until they get a game that will be less mixed in reviews and praised instead.

• Thumbs Up 4

"I could have used the Laser Wisp right behind me, but nooooo! Let's proceed on foot! What could possibly go wrong?!"

You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that the Cyan Wisp just hung its head down in disappointment.

"And here I thought this guy had common sense..."

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, THAT'S what that piddly useless roll is for?!

Blah >:U

Its funny too because its still pretty useless due to the fact that you can still jump.

Its funny too because its still pretty useless due to the fact that you can still jump.

You can still jump, yeah, but it carries so little momentum, you might as well be going nowhere fast.

You can still jump, yeah, but it carries so little momentum, you might as well be going nowhere fast.

Its still faster than the roll though and it does carry some momentum if you keep on doing it.

It does seem useless to add that one mechanic for one specific hazard? Why couldn't they have it where you have to spindash and keep pressing A to "charge" and move through it, that way it's using an already introduced mechanic.

BgmciI5IEAEUDlK.jpg

New Tails tip.

Lol, that's what I always do.

Or collect a 100, 200, 300 rings to earn an extra life tongue.png

BgmciI5IEAEUDlK.jpg

New Tails tip.

Oh look, it's that trick that everyone and their grandmother found out before the lives and rings update.

So I take it the Zelda DLC isn't happening?

It hasn't been that long since they announced it.

So I take it the Zelda DLC isn't happening?

It hasn't been that long since they announced it.

• Thumbs Up 1

...Why would it be cancelled? That doesn't make any sense.

Keep in mind Nintendo announced the DLC, not SEGA.

Oh, Zelda DLC? When was this announced? Could somebody give me a link to an article about it? If this isn't cancelled (and I don't think it would be just yet), it sounds really awesome.

Well, what if they are planning to coordinate a new Hyrule Warriors announcement/official trailer with final name with the DLC, would make a good one two punch

Oh, Zelda DLC? When was this announced? Could somebody give me a link to an article about it? If this isn't cancelled (and I don't think it would be just yet), it sounds really awesome.

It wasn't formally announced yet, just Iwata saying there was more DLC to come and very forced pun stressing the word "link". He also showed off this pic, which is pretty self-explanatory.

sonictriforce.jpg

No info yet.

Thanks, Blue Blood. Seems like they're doing purely Nintendo DLC. I wonder if they might add in Pokemon or something to that effect as well?

I'm thinking it'll just be Yoshi and Zelda. SLW hasn't exactly set the world on fire now, either by reception or sales. These two pieces will have been in the planning for a while before release.

I can't help but wonder if that all was an elaborate bait and switch, And the DLC will really be a cross over with some completely different franchise.

I really do wonder why Lost World is the only game getting actual DLC support when Generations was one of the most easily DLC-exploitable games ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really do wonder why Lost World is the only game getting actual DLC support when Generations was one of the most easily DLC-exploitable games ever.

In theory of picking out other popular past stages sure, but not in practice. It would have taken an awful lot more work with the sheer size of Generations levels, the complex light maps and the way more intricate level design. Lost World meanwhile is backed by Nintendo and infinitely simpler than Generations.

I can't help but wonder if that all was an elaborate bait and switch, And the DLC will really be a cross over with some completely different franchise.

Why? Why would you even wonder about something like that?

'06 (I think) and Unleashed had downloadable stuff, too. Funny how the games that get a lot of hate get DLC but not the ones that are generally loved. :V

I remember someone saying that Nintendo might have paid for SLW's development (to some extent), so you could see the Yoshi and Zelda DLC as being a "Well, why not?" sort of thing on Sonic Team's part. Not to mention, like Blue Blood said, it's probably a lot easier to make levels in something like SLW or...any Sonic game that isn't the boost trilogy, all things considered.