Awoo.

Lost World: Discussion, Impressions and Fan Reviews

Carbuncle

The worst nightmare for me would be if this was all elaborate foreshadowing to signify SEGA handing over Sonic to Nintendo on a golden platter or something.

But really? '06 had DLC? That's...quite the shock, to say the least...I would expect literally any other modern Sonic game but '06 to have DLC.

The worst nightmare for me would be if this was all elaborate foreshadowing to signify SEGA handing over Sonic to Nintendo on a golden platter or something.

But really? '06 had DLC? That's...quite the shock, to say the least...I would expect literally any other modern Sonic game but '06 to have DLC.

It really wasn't much of anything but a very hard mode and some for the other characters (besides the hedgehogs) to basically do the levels that they weren't in.

It really wasn't much of anything but a very hard mode and some for the other characters (besides the hedgehogs) to basically do the levels that they weren't in.

Really? Can you recall any specifics? Thanks for the brief info, though; I appreciate it. 

Really? Can you recall any specifics? Thanks for the brief info, though; I appreciate it.

It was called "Team Attack Amigo" and pitted you as Tails, Blaze and Omega (aka the least awful half of the amigo characters) through a set of stages. I don't remember much about it beyond the fact that you played as Tails going backwards through Sonic/Shadow's first section of Crisis City and he was given a much needed running speed increase. Check out YouTube for more details.

Bg15Ur4IgAA49jC.jpg

Another one about lives? That is so lame.

Surprisingly the jumping physics for that cloud section in Tropical Coast 1 are well designed. It's quite easy to get all the 9 or 10 lives on the tiny clouds without falling to your doom.

I wonder when there going to get to tips on the parkour mechanics?

Well, technically the Dash Vault (from tip #3) IS a parkour manouver..

It was called "Team Attack Amigo" and pitted you as Tails, Blaze and Omega (aka the least awful half of the amigo characters) through a set of stages. I don't remember much about it beyond the fact that you played as Tails going backwards through Sonic/Shadow's first section of Crisis City and he was given a much needed running speed increase. Check out YouTube for more details.

Specifically SGBlikestoplay..he covers DLC extensively..

Tails Tip 7:

BhKfp_uIYAAhgCz.jpg

Tails could have said how to master wall running. I'm thinking of that well hidden red star ring in Silent Forest act 3, where you had to wall run like crazy to get it.

Can Sonic Team just release that Zelda DLC so they can wash their hands of this game? I know they want to.

Can Sonic Team just release that Zelda DLC so they can wash their hands of this game? I know they want to.

Milking SLW for all its worth, maybe this is what SEGA meant with "Modern Sonic will continue to move forward in parallel to the Sonic Boom franchise"...

I haven't played the game yet, but I have watched the cutscenes. Yeah, I know, I'm that type of person. I'm saving my money for other things at the moment.

When it comes to story, I think it had some very interesting reactions and outbursts from the characters. The one that struck me most was Eggman threatening the Zeti that he would "torture his loved ones in front of them". That was extremely dark, something that I haven't really seen in a long time (kinda reminded me of Robotnik in Sonic SatAM), and I quite enjoyed that moment. It just seemed a bit out of place, especially in a game that screams "for kiddie-kids".

Another thing that I was surprised to see was the "robotizing" machine, that thing that turns living beings into robots - don't remember the name. I haven't played all Sonic games, but I've never seen the use of this kind of machine since the cartoons Sonic SatAM and Sonic Underground. And in my opinion, that was a pretty cool nod to the fans of the cartoons.

Now, when it comes to the voice cast... Eggman and Tails were great as usual, but some of the Zeti were just... UGH. The people at SEGA have to pick good voice actors, especially for all the villains (and not only the main one). I guess that game was meant to be more kid oriented, but still... Choose a good voice actor that creates believable and memorable characters, even if the characters look absolutely ridiculous. (One of the many rules in Voice Acting 101). Oh, and of course, I'm trying really hard to get used to the new voice actor for Sonic, but he really needs to step up his game. Griffin, in my opinion, was great as Sonic, so I expect a lot from his successor.

Bottomline, the story was interesting, especially when it came to character development and some unexpected surprise/twist involving dark themes in this story. I just hope that SEGA'll work out the kinks on the voice actors: just because you voice secondary characters doesn't mean you can't be a bit more creative. But eh, I'm being nit-picky, as always.

Tails' Tip 9:

Bhuiy02IIAEtBp5.jpg

I wonder how many more of these they are going to do.

I haven't played the game yet, but I have watched the cutscenes. Yeah, I know, I'm that type of person. I'm saving my money for other things at the moment.

When it comes to story, I think it had some very interesting reactions and outbursts from the characters. The one that struck me most was Eggman threatening the Zeti that he would "torture his loved ones in front of them". That was extremely dark, something that I haven't really seen in a long time (kinda reminded me of Robotnik in Sonic SatAM), and I quite enjoyed that moment. It just seemed a bit out of place, especially in a game that screams "for kiddie-kids".

Another thing that I was surprised to see was the "robotizing" machine, that thing that turns living beings into robots - don't remember the name. I haven't played all Sonic games, but I've never seen the use of this kind of machine since the cartoons Sonic SatAM and Sonic Underground. And in my opinion, that was a pretty cool nod to the fans of the cartoons.

Now, when it comes to the voice cast... Eggman and Tails were great as usual, but some of the Zeti were just... UGH. The people at SEGA have to pick good voice actors, especially for all the villains (and not only the main one). I guess that game was meant to be more kid oriented, but still... Choose a good voice actor that creates believable and memorable characters, even if the characters look absolutely ridiculous. (One of the many rules in Voice Acting 101). Oh, and of course, I'm trying really hard to get used to the new voice actor for Sonic, but he really needs to step up his game. Griffin, in my opinion, was great as Sonic, so I expect a lot from his successor.

Bottomline, the story was interesting, especially when it came to character development and some unexpected surprise/twist involving dark themes in this story. I just hope that SEGA'll work out the kinks on the voice actors: just because you voice secondary characters doesn't mean you can't be a bit more creative. But eh, I'm being nit-picky, as always.

To be honest, What was so bad about the voice actors for the Deadly Six?

I mean they all did a pretty good job at portraying the charcter's personalities like Sam Riegel's acting for Zor, he did a pretty good job at showing how depressed Zor is and how over-the-top he is and Tarvis's acting of Zavok is pretty good as well, since I can tell from the voice that Zavok is a force to be reckoned with. Liam O'Brien's acting of Zazz was hilarious, loved how crazy Zazz was in this game. Tephanie Sheh's acting of Zeena was alright for me, Zeena's the typical bratty girl and Sheh does that part pretty well. Patrick Seitz's acting of Zomom was pretty funny as well, I can tell from the voice that Zomom is a glutton and is hilarious when he corrected Sonic. Kirk Thornton's acting of Zik defintely fit the old wise master role, granted it would've been better if Zik sounded more like Shifu but it's still pretty good.

Overall, I liked the Deadly Six and their voice actors but from the looks of it, they might never return. :(

• Thumbs Up 4

Tails' Tip 9:

Bhuiy02IIAEtBp5.jpg

I wonder how many more of these they are going to do.

I actually didn't know this one either

I actually didn't know this one either

I actually discovered this one by accident one day when trying to figure out if there is a better way to get off the wall then just jumping (without pushing the stick), it has its uses but overall, jumpings the faster route since when you do the cling he slowly descends down it

Tails' Tip 10:

Bh9_kXHIQAAYJjW.jpg

Haha, it took me long enough to work out how to keep spin-dashing without stopping when I first played LW.

• Thumbs Up 1

You can also stop it while charging too just in case you activate a spindash by accident and stopping it while spin dashing in the air will still give you the slight hop that you would get from doing so on ground and while you can't move forward during it it could probably save you a whole lot if your about to run into anything.

The spindash in Lost World is fun, but it's completely not the spindash that I was expecting. It's basically a variation of the boost. The Tails' Tip telling you how to exit it is just as funny/sad as the rest, because one again we're being taught the basics of the game from a completely separate source. I didn't learn to play th egame properly until long after completing the story.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tails' Tip 11:

BiSYLl2IIAAxlig.jpg

This is actually a good one. I really should use the item bag more often.

BiSYLl2IIAAxlig.jpg 

This is actually a good one. I really should use the item bag more often.

Is it really though? The item bag is kinda worthless. I've never found any of the items to be useful.