Awoo.

About choosing when to snark when you're the authority

Nepenthe

Well let me correct myself. ''SOME'' Mods have said this, not all. 

Or you could further correct that to "none" unless you have some proof.

I take accusations of this nature very seriously as you can likely tell, namely because I'm confident in our moderators. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are you serious....? everytime i express my opinion on something that's  non hypercritical, it becomes a one sided story. And get threatened with warnings, bans.....very unprofessional. 

No, according to your log, you got threatened with warnings and bans for arguing past the point when a staffer told you to stop. Willfully ignoring staff's instruction is actually against the rules.

Here's another instruction you need to follow: If you have proof of any instance where a mod said you can't have an opinion, PM an administrator with a link to it. Or, if it's in a PM, invite an administrator into the conversation so they can see it themselves and then deal with the offending staffers accordingly.

Otherwise, you are not going to hijack this particular topic with your own grudges. Out of everything that's gone on here, you are stirring shit the most.

Don't even reply back to this post directly. Either provide the proof to Chris via PM, drop it and add your input on the actual subject at hand, or exit the thread. You have three choices.

Fuck's sake.

SegaSuperStar, mate, sorry, no. That's not at all what I'm saying, I've never had problems expressing my opinions here, you're distorting what I'm saying (Hogfather would you please not jump on that so quick), and just... sigh. Whatever.

I'm sorry I'm repeating this so often, I just really want to avoid this becoming a snowball of drama when I really don't want to deviate from my original problem, which was just, basically, a staff member, in a context where any opinion caused a shitload of angry discussion, decided to basically editorialize a thread about trailers, and when called on it, frankly threw a tantrum. Then eventually another member of staff and quickly cleaned things up (which was the smart thing). I'm frankly done here, I really just wanted to say "I don't think that's a way for someone with authority to conduct themselves".

No. I have my own issues with members when i tried to talk freely, joke or give opinions ect...and they think they're better than everyone else and their ignorance and arrogance makes me sick. I'm fully aware what your point is and i respect it.

And to the others who think i'm wrong with what i'm saying then thats your opinion. I have all the proof i need here with the reactions i'm getting from the usual munch bunch crew. 

Having expressed how i feel, i'm done here. 

ENOUGH! I've been watching all this unfold for months. Firstly, in context for yesterday. HogFather posted that topic and may have said things people didn't agree with. He is right that people over reacted, blood was already in the water. He had his opinion slammed away all day. Wouldn't that annoy you if you were in his shoes? He was probably as annoyed with t he forum as I was.

Albator, not going to say your not right. People with power should be careful. Hog though does not hold a position on SSMB as you now know. I'm sure we've all learned from this though. The forum got in an uproar, it took whatever it could as fuel for the fire.

Everyone now needs to take a step back, take a deep breathe, let it out and to just move on.

I honestly can't believe this.

We have a thread telling members to try not to create drama, and we almost have a drama argument about to erupt in this very thread.

I for one think that everyone ignored Hogfather's initial impressions, and quite rightly, he's probably a bit miffed by it. 

Okay I think I can pretty much get whats going on here.

While were not undiscriminating your opinion Hogfather, it just wasn't a smart idea to start off a topic with it unless it was meant to be an opinion topic, later on in the topic would've been fine too. usually a topic's first post if not opinion related is neutral esp. when you're posting something as simple as a trailer, you don't use trailer posting as an excuse to make a snarky comment towards the negativity of Lost Worlds AVERAGE score (c'mon guys, were not in bad game territory here, be glad were not in the red).

Basically, when you're posting news just keep that post neutral, snark up every other post you want after.

Edited by goku262002

Basically, when you're posting news just keep that post neutral, snark up every other post you want after.

I might agree with you if this were a news post on TSS, but on SSMB, there should be no reason anyone should be neutral regardless of the position of the post.  However, there should be a clear separation of personal opinion and actual reporting.  Since the post was edited before I could see it, I can't say if that was done or not.

usually a topic's first post if not opinion related is neutral esp.

Since when?

Just admit it, the only reason this is going on is because it's a Lost World topic, if this were a trailer for something like Mario & Sonic, nobody would give a shit.

Also why the hell is this turning into a 'what I should/should do or say' thing?

fuck's sake. That's literally the only answer I can give you right now.

Well it's better than when you're outrightly making up stuff about me in other threads.

I think this can be closed and put to rest for now.

Edited by Spøkelseskatten
Topic has been locked.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Alright, so I have some addressing to do here. While I am by no means validating rude or snarky behaviour under any circumstance - especially around the time of a new release - I think some of you are misinterpreting the usergroups we have here, and by relation, the tasks involved.

Hogfather is by definition the figure of authority on the forum, so yes, I (and apparently others too) feel uncomfortable when it feels the forum authorities, here represented on his figure, are enjoying actively rubbing salt on the wounds of many of the userbase.
Hogfather is not SSMB staff, but this doesn't make his opinion any less valid than any other gamer's opinion on this forum. He does work for the main website here - i.e. The Sonic Stadium and not it's network divisions or affiliates - which also does not cause his opinion to be any more valid than any other user here. Like any staff or member, however, he is not above any of our rules here, but he does hold some additional functions such as a larger PM inbox.

We do not hand staff any sort of immunity. None of our staff are paid to be here, but they are appreciated for the work that they perform to make this site the best it can be. We show our thanks through reducing any user restrictions on the forums that we can, but they never obtain any functionality that normal users cannot do (besides staff forum access so we can discuss neat things for you in secret).

I want the bickering to stop, effective immediately. If I see any other topics on the forums derail in such a fashion as like the parent topic to this one, then I'll start handing out suspensions until it subsides. Any future disagreements like these between members and staff should be addressed directly to me through my PM inbox and I will deal with it personally.

As I've said previously, every report that I receive regarding staff is handled directly regardless of network affiliation. Each team present on the forums is composed of very respectable individuals that I hold utmost respect for, just like I do for each of our members, and I expect you lot to treat them in the same manner as I do.
  • Thumbs Up 8