Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Help Thread - "Just how the hell does anyone expect anyone to get this Red Ring?!"

Spin Attaxx

I think this will be of good help to people playing this game. Here you can ask for help when you're stuck on a part of Lost World.

To kick things off...

Silent Forest Zone 3's final Red Ring.

Here's an image showing where it is:

cd30535547e6a6b9c619c146c7fbf38cf835c8e6

Now, see that wall in the distance? That there is the show stopper. I don't see any way past that wall - if I keep running, I'll run up the wall, not turn left, slide down the wall and die. If I jump to catch the other side, I won't make it and die. How. Just how do you get past it?

On a final note, if the problem has spoilery stuff in it, please put it in spoiler tags and specify what specific thing it's spoiling.

• Thumbs Up 1

Right.

Stock up on lives here, because it's a doozey that only half works when you want it to.

To get here do the side step thing and climb the wall, break through the ice floor and immediately run to the right wall HUGGING the wall without jumping because for some reason half the time it doesn't connect... anyway, IMMEDIATELY JUMP TO THE OPPOSITE WALL, Spindashing just before the ring and end of the wall, nab the red ring and jump BACK TO THE OTHER WALL you were previously on.

Now, run straight into the wall in front of you, SIDE STEP TO THE LEFT and continue the wall run, switching to the LEFT wall, because there is another wall you need to run into, to side step RIGHT, continue the wall run then follow the trail of rings around the wall by side stepping and then climbing straight up, if you don't have enough momentum to reach the ledge, spindash up and if you STILL don't have enough, get to the peak of your momentum before you start losing it, jump and double jump to grab the ledge.

Now DON'T DIE ON THE ICE SKATING BIT AFTERWARDS, SINCE THERE IS NO CHECKPOINT FOR A WHILE, so take it slow.

P.S best place to grind for lives is Sky Road ? Zone, it's hard but you can grab up to 10 lives here if you're good enough.

Hope that helps!

How exactly do you sidestep? Everytime I run into the wall I just run up it, run in place for a while then slowly slide down the wall and die.

hold either left or right and press the jump button repeatedly, jump on a wall or run into one head on and you can do it.

Edited by Super SpOoOokio
  • Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone pinned down the unlock conditions for ? Acts?  I got the ones in Tropical Coast and Sky Road, but dunno what I did to get them, assuming of course, there's one per Zone.

Has anyone pinned down the unlock conditions for ? Acts?  I got the ones in Tropical Coast and Sky Road, but dunno what I did to get them, assuming of course, there's one per Zone.

Those are the only ones I've got too, so those might be it, oddly.

For the Silent Forest 3 red ring, the right wall above the chasm, the one the red ring is on - jump towards the end of that wall that's facing you, then sidestep around to the wall itself, collect the ring, and continue through the chasm.

For lives, I recommend Tropical Coast 1. Getting all those lives on the clouds is easy, and if you die after collecting them all, they respawn and the checkpoint is right next to them.

Edited by Tracker

Anyone know what you're meant to do on the final boss [3DS version]. Trying to homing attack but all I succeed in doing is a double jump.

EDIT: Figured it.

Edited by DarkRula

The 3DS version is gonna need a Red Ring guide badly..

Frozen Factory has hellish Red Ring placement soo..

I swear for the life of me I can't get Sky Road's third Red Ring. I'm too far away from it to wallrun sideways and whenever I sidestep, I'm always too high to get it so I have to inch down a bit to get it... but doing so immediately sends me to my doom.

EDIT: OH WAIT AS SOON AS I POSTED THIS I MADE IT :U

Oh well. If anyone's interested, you need to time it so you land at just the right height to get it, then sidestep around the tube to safety.

Edited by Satan Attaxx

Anyone know what you're meant to do on the final boss [3DS version]. Trying to homing attack but all I succeed in doing is a double jump.

EDIT: Figured it.

This took me a while to figure out too.  It's not a very intuitive final boss I have to say, you never have to perform the actions required anywhere else in the game.

Here's what to do for anyone who is completely stumped:

You have to run from one side to the other to get every body part targeted, then jump to get the middle portion targeted.  Everything will stay targeted even as you move away.  Once all five spots are targeted, you'll be able to do a homing attack.  From there the rest is probably simple to figure out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sky Road 2.

Zavok is impossible I swear. I have to hit the blue orb to make the tail not electric, then homing attack each section until I get to Zavok.

Problem.

After the one part that shoots a laser, the reticule for the homing attack doesn't show up, so I can't homing attack the next part, and end up sliding off.

How do?

EDIT: Apparently you CAN land on the square parts... derp :U

Edited by Satan Attaxx

How exactly do you sidestep? Everytime I run into the wall I just run up it, run in place for a while then slowly slide down the wall and die.

hold either left or right and press the jump button repeatedly, jump on a wall or run into one head on and you can do it.

I didn't know how to do this. Thanks!

Edit: My laptop went a bit weird there for a minute.

Oh and thanks Time Eater.

Edited by -Bender-

It's easy run close to the wall but hold the run button and move diagonally so you are hugging the wall and jump by pressing right while holding the run button to jump to the red ring area and jump back to the other side once you reach a dead end press left and the jump button a few times and you can continue running across the wall

You can farm lives in Desert Ruins 2 REALLY easily. Just before where the 5th Red Ring is, there are four lives. Pick up four, run into a wall and die. Rinse and repeat.

You'll get 4 lives, die, lose one (leaving you with three), then get the four lives again. 3 lives every 12 or so seconds. Didn't take very long to get to 99.

Can anyone give me some advice how to get the last Red Ring in Frozen Factory 2? The one in which you have to push the balls in the holes near the end? It's driving me nuts.

3DS Version:

I'm officially out of ideas for where the 5th Red Ring is on Windy Hill Act 1.  I'm convinced it must have something to do with the Asteroid Wisp you get for going the upper route on the wall jumping area before the Caterkiller chase, just spent a good 20 minutes trying to use it to hop over the final giant spring, and while I succeeded, there's just an empty area there.

You can suck up the little totems while the Caterkiller is chasing you, but you can't get big enough to suck up the Caterkiller itself as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Got it.  Right idea, lousy execution.  Sucking up the Caterkiller was correct.  I managed to get all the Red Rings on Windy Hill and unlock an extra stage, woo.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can anyone give me some advice how to get the last Red Ring in Frozen Factory 2? The one in which you have to push the balls in the holes near the end? It's driving me nuts.

don't steer into them too much, because the balls themselves actually knock you away slightly, try and barely clip them whilst heading straight so it doesn't deviate you from your path, it takes a little getting used to, but it's only way you can clip them all.

Seriously, to hell with that last Red Ring in Frozen Factory 2. As if it wasn't difficult enough on its own, there's a bloody checkpoint-of-no-return straight after it, too. One false move and you have to redo the entire stage.

Ugh.

And yes, I know you can commit suicide before the checkpoint if you angle it right, but it seems to be pretty hit or miss for me.

I hate this Red Ring. HATE IT.

While none have given me frustrating levels of agony, the 3DS version realllly likes to give you a Wisp before a checkpoint of no return and then give you one shot to get a Red Ring with it after the checkpoint, forcing you to restart the level if you mess up.  THANKFULLY none so far have been anything further than half way through the level.

The 3DS version is also surprisingly flexible with backtracking, especially in the 2D levels.  The kind of Red Rings that are blink and you'd miss it in past games are now not always a case of "better luck next time" if you're clever with your parkouring.  Super Sonic is also pretty awesome at getting sneaky "one chance" ones after you've missed them.

Edited by JezMM

Red Rings problems?! Let me help a little on how to get a few of them. (Obviously some are don't need help to get them tongue.png)

In any case Wii U Version:

WINDY HILL ZONE 

http://youtu.be/vvRwIcJXjyU

Des(s)ert Ruins Zone

http://youtu.be/Cx1yxLh8-4c

Edited by frokenok3