Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Help Thread - "Just how the hell does anyone expect anyone to get this Red Ring?!"

Spin Attaxx

Nah, I thought you meant the mission clear prompt doesn't appear till AFTER you end a stage, that's where the confusion started.

Nah, I thought you meant the mission clear prompt doesn't appear till AFTER you end a stage, that's where the confusion started.

Ah, right. Now I see how that could have been misconstrued!

How do you do the light dash with Hover? I assumed it was with the right stick since it does give you a tiny dash when you push it, but whenever I try it near a path of rings it doesn't work

Is it just horribly unresponsive?

How do you do the light dash with Hover? I assumed it was with the right stick since it does give you a tiny dash when you push it, but whenever I try it near a path of rings it doesn't work

Is it just horribly unresponsive?

That little dash had to reach the rings, otherwise nothing happens. Really annoying considering one dash eats up several seconds off the timer.

So, just a quick question. I'm doing Special Stage 7 right now and I have not beaten the game yet, will I be able to turn into Super Sonic or is that a post-game unlockable?

P.S. I'm on Frozen Factory Act 3.

So, just a quick question. I'm doing Special Stage 7 right now and I have not beaten the game yet, will I be able to turn into Super Sonic or is that a post-game unlockable?

P.S. I'm on Frozen Factory Act 3.

You don't need to finish the game to unlock Super Sonic, you can use him on the rest of your first story playthrough if you so wish!

Stuck on sky road zone 4, at the boss it seems I have to kick him off but when I kick him he blocks it, homing? blocks. spindash? blocks. I even charge up both attacks.

Stuck on sky road zone 4, at the boss it seems I have to kick him off but when I kick him he blocks it, homing? blocks. spindash? blocks. I even charge up both attacks.

Kick to break his defence, then home him toward the ledge so he starts to lose his balace. Then you use a fully charged homing attack (watch how many layers the reticule builds up) to knock him off.

Kick to break his defence, then home him toward the ledge so he starts to lose his balace. Then you use a fully charged homing attack (watch how many layers the reticule builds up) to knock him off.

Wow It worked

I never Charged up fully I guess, thanks

onto lava mountain.......My body is ready........To die

Edit: That cutscene tho.........R.I.P Eggman, for now.

Edited by jordine

Ok, I've been going for 40 minutes on this one red ring. Frozen Factory 3. The 3rd red ring. I've already spent an hour on it and still haven't gotten it. I can't play pinball for anything, and the bumper on the bottom goes away, and the blocks, and UGGHHHH. It's just a horrible red ring in an otherwise good level. 

Finally beat all the Omochao missions and here's my advice for the last one I was stuck on - 20 wall jumps in a row.

First off, this needs to be a vertical set of wall jumps. No matter how long a side-to-side stretch of jumping you can manage, you'll never hit 20 at any point in the game. And even in a level like Desert Ruins 1 where there's plenty of narrow vertical gaps, there's still not enough to ever hit the required total.

My suggested location? Lava Mountain Act 3, during the final battle with giant Zavok. Basically, go through the fight making sure not to completely kill him until you reach the large vertical shaft thingy where you have to wall run up to the second section of the fight (which, if you do the fight properly, you may never normally see). This shaft is not only long enough to pull off 20 jumps in a row, but because it's a bit wider than normal Sonic actually ascends up it at a more gradual pace, giving you even more time and chance to manage it. Just ensure you stay ahead of Zavok until you reach the top of the shaft as the mission only completes once you stop wall running/jumping.

And then you're free to carry on fighting, or let Zavok kill you to restart the fight properly from scratch. Bob's your uncle.

I can't seem to grab the fourth red ring in Windy Hill Zone 4 for some reason. This is the one where you go into the little hidden area after using the wisp and you have to remove the platforms to see the red ring. No matter how much I jump while in this wisp form, Sonic doesn't seem to jump high enough to grab it. No matter how many times I've tried it, he is just like a few inches short from being able to grab it, even if use the hover thing that comes with that wisp. Am I doing something wrong here?

I can't seem to grab the fourth red ring in Windy Hill Zone 4 for some reason. This is the one where you go into the little hidden area after using the wisp and you have to remove the platforms to see the red ring. No matter how much I jump while in this wisp form, Sonic doesn't seem to jump high enough to grab it. No matter how many times I've tried it, he is just like a few inches short from being able to grab it, even if use the hover thing that comes with that wisp. Am I doing something wrong here?

Destroy as many pieces of the environment as you can before going into the portal (i.e. back up a little after getting the Wisp to grab a few extra platforms, don't just activate it precisely where you find it).

Once you're in the portal, you need to master the controls - pressing-holding-releasing A on the ground makes you jump, and then holding A in mid-air keeps you hovering for a bit. Use these mechanics to your advantage and, as long as you've built up a big enough Asteroid, you'll grab the ring with ease.

Don't worry though, this one has seemingly been a pain for everybody - it's all about learning how to use the Wisp properly, which the game does a terrible job of explaining.

Oh! So destroying more of the environment makes you bigger and able to reach it? Well that surprising and something I didn't know. I guess that will make it easier to grab when I try it again then later. I had been just activating it right on the portal and going inside and not being able to reach the red ring because I seemed to not be able to jump high enough to reach it.

Oh! So destroying more of the environment makes you bigger and able to reach it? Well that surprising and something I didn't know. I guess that will make it easier to grab when I try it again then later. I had been just activating it right on the portal and going inside and not being able to reach the red ring because I seemed to not be able to jump high enough to reach it.

Yeah, the more you destroy the bigger the asteroid gets, and the higher you are able to jump as a result.

Basically, go through the fight making sure not to completely kill him until you reach the large vertical shaft thingy where you have to wall run up to the second section of the fight

Zavok got a second section after he goes Bowser?

Halle-freakin'-lujah! I GOT THE LAST RED RING IN FROZEN FACTORY ZONE 2!

It cost me lots of time, effort, and sanity, but Super Sonic is finally mine! Hell to the yeah!

I have a couple of tips for anyone else struggling on this particular Red Ring:

1) A very handy mechanic that the game doesn't tell you about at all. Pressing X or Y while rolling in the snowball helps bring you to a grinding halt. If you happen to fail at the billiard ball puzzle, hold X or Y as well as pulling back on the control stick with all your might as the boost flings you towards the checkpoint. If you do it right, you'll come to a dead stop just before the checkpoint and can roll yourself off the edge to try again.

2) Particularly for the third and final set of balls, pausing as soon as you hit a ball gives you a moment to breathe and a chance to see whereabouts you need to exactly aim next. Keep on pausing and changing direction until you manage to hit them all!

Why the hell don't they tell you this stuff!??? AGH. But at least I finally got the bastard!!! Thanks for the information about the break button and avoiding that checkpoint. The break didn't work much, if at all, on the billiard segments though; so it was still largely down to luck.

Edited by Pawn

Zavok got a second section after he goes Bowser?

No, it's still part of the same fight, I just mean there's a whole second set of platforms further up in the level after the vertical shaft I mentioned. After the second set though there's a ceiling and inevitable doom.

Why the hell don't they tell you this stuff!??? AGH. But at least I finally got the bastard!!! Thanks for the information about the break button and avoiding that checkpoint. The break didn't work much, if at all, on the billiard segments though; so it was still largely down to luck.

Yeah the brake doesn't work at all on the billiards sections, you're automatically propelled forwards. I just meant it as a general tip for the level, it's a mechanic that they really should have explained.

You can do an infinite walljump along the horizontal walls if you jump away and then double jump back at an angle, but I'm not sure if that would actually work since double jumping might cancel the combo

OK I seem to have trouble finding red rings in my 3ds the rings I only need is frozen factory zone 3 ring 4, sky road zone 1 rings 2,3 and how the hell am I supposed to get 5 without flying over it?!!? That and sky road zone 2 rings 2 and 3? Please?

Edit: Never mind about the Sky Road red rings I found all of those. But I'm still having trouble with frozen factory's ring. any help will do, please.

Edited by tforceofpower

He died of 3 square meals a day :PI decided to man up with the free afternoon I had today and did those myself. Just need Ring 4 in Silent Forest Z3.I'm almost there! *tears of joy*EDIT: DONE.

. Well, hope if I'm not bothering, mind telling me how to get frozen factory's zone 3 ring 4?

Never mind found them all so if any needs help finding all the red rings in 3ds, let me know.

Edited by tforceofpower

Transferring from 3DS to Wii U... has anybody been able to do it? I don't care about the fact that it's not necessary to get all RC vehicles, I want to know if it even works. :P

Transferring from 3DS to Wii U... has anybody been able to do it? I don't care about the fact that it's not necessary to get all RC vehicles, I want to know if it even works. :P

Its simple, go to tails lab in windy hill, select the Wii U pad, it will tell u connect 3ds to Wii U then pick what u want to transfer. The in game instructions kind of self explanatory.

Whoo! I did it. SS unlocked baby

Wasn't too bad either. I should have tried those stupid RC vehicles before I quested to collect every red ring. It would have saved me quite a few deaths... but it was a fun ride.

Now to play with my new toy. ^^