Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Help Thread - "Just how the hell does anyone expect anyone to get this Red Ring?!"

Spin Attaxx

Well I found all the red rings on 3ds and all I can say is this, when in hard mode, when you have no rings, be prepared for a whole barrage of attacks with a power level of 100000. Don't start raging when you die to lightning/laser ultimate attack. >:D

I have some Parkour-related problems as well. This is in the Wii U version.

My main problem is normal wall-running while in 3D. While I am able to execute it (dashing at a wall diagonally), I don't get much elevation unless I start the wall run from a jump. I slowly lose elevation over distance, which is expected, but I'm having a difficult time changing elevation while running on the wall. Which direction do I have to tilt on the left stick to keep Sonic at relatively the same elevation on the wall over a longer distance?

My second problem relates to the first problem. How do I jump between walls successfully during 3D wall running? Sometimes I'm able to do it, but when I tilt the stick to jump to the next wall, I'll run out of momentum and fall when I reach the other wall (or, all momentum will stop suddenly on the original wall, which is odd since I'm holding the run button the whole time). How exactly do I perform this correctly?

The issue is that 3D wall-running is often neccessary for getting a certain time on a stage, and jumping horizontally between two walls + elevation is required to get two of the Red Rings in Lava Mountain Zone 3 (along with the Red Ring that the original poster brought up).

Other than that, I've been fine with the Parkour system, but I want to improve at wall-running in order to complete the game.

Edited by Drifloon Master

My main problem is normal wall-running while in 3D. While I am able to execute it (dashing at a wall diagonally), I don't get much elevation unless I start the wall run from a jump. I slowly lose elevation over distance, which is expected, but I'm having a difficult time changing elevation while running on the wall. Which direction do I have to tilt on the left stick to keep Sonic at relatively the same elevation on the wall over a longer distance?

My second problem relates to the first problem. How do I jump between walls successfully during 3D wall running? Sometimes I'm able to do it, but when I tilt the stick to jump to the next wall, I'll run out of momentum and fall when I reach the other wall (or, all momentum will stop suddenly on the original wall, which is odd since I'm holding the run button the whole time). How exactly do I perform this correctly?

Spindashing while wall running keeps you going. It's the only thing I can think of that might help you. It's also the only method to elevate Sonic when he's running, although if you jump to the next wall it can raise you a bit, I think? Depends on how close the walls are.

Of course, you have to be careful in that particular section since you can sometimes jump right over the shorter wall...

Edited by ElementofChaos

Does anyone know where the fourth red ring is at on frozen factory 2 (3ds)?

The way of getting that one is difficult. What you're gonna need to do is to be in the second section of the level, and be sure to STAY at the highest path which means getting to the highest part of the moving platform chains. There should be a laser wisp, you NEED it. After the after getting the wisp, parkour your way up the highest wall and stay at high path until you get a horizontal platform elevator. Dodge all obstacles until you see a platform that has a lone laser crystal with a thin layer of ice in the wall on the right side of it. Use laser on that crystal toward the ice layer and it will shoot you the fourth ring. If you still need help maybe I can show you through vs. Mode through friend code mine is 0907-0459

Silent Forest Act 3 - 4th Red Ring (EASY)

If you're having a ton of trouble getting it (I did), I found a way to bypass the section after getting the ring. What you do is jump left, get the ring, jump right, and jump again before hitting the wall and keep running to the left. This is when you pull our your laser wisp and try to land safely onto a platform.

Ta da! You skipped a really hard section of the level.

, and jumping horizontally between two walls + elevation is required to get two of the Red Rings in Lava Mountain Zone 3 (along with the Red Ring that the original poster brought up).

If your still having problems lining up the wall run, you can technically cheat it. You can actually land on top of the two wall run panels. There is enough room to walk to safety up there. Once you make it up there, you can use the hover wisp to fly down, grab the ring and fly back up on top to safety. If you can't manage to get up there on your own, you can actually activate the hover wisp after colliding with a cannonball. Get close to the ring, kamakazi into the cannonball, grab the ring and float up to safety. 

There is a goal post right there so you should be able to get them both in one or two tries.

Right now I'm trying to speedrun the desert ruins boss on the 3DS. However, right now I can't get my time any faster because when I hit the blue thing on the back while I'm the asteroid wisp, I get knocked back really far. Is there a way to prevent the knockback? I'm holding Y so that I fall quicker but it still takes away so much time....

Right now I'm trying to speedrun the desert ruins boss on the 3DS. However, right now I can't get my time any faster because when I hit the blue thing on the back while I'm the asteroid wisp, I get knocked back really far. Is there a way to prevent the knockback? I'm holding Y so that I fall quicker but it still takes away so much time....

The more bits you collect, the larger the damage and the throwback is less.

So, in other words, be quick in finding the wisp container, run down a lot of blocks around, and smash the back of it without holding R. Quickly get on the ground again, and use R to get back to him faster.

Doing this, I've manged to get under fourty seconds.

The more bits you collect, the larger the damage and the throwback is less.

So, in other words, be quick in finding the wisp container, run down a lot of blocks around, and smash the back of it without holding R. Quickly get on the ground again, and use R to get back to him faster.

Doing this, I've manged to get under fourty seconds.

Thanks for the advice, but I figured it out last night. All I had to do was Instantly get the wisp box and ram it without R

I managed to get my time down to 25 seconds

ok I need help with the final 2 red rings of Windy Hill 4, especialy the saturn wisp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90egfNxJW0

This may help.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any tips for beating Sky Road Zone 3 (Hard Mode). Finding getting past the dragon impossible!

Talking about the 3DS version btw!

Anyone know how to beat zavok on lava mountain zone 3. He fight is difficulty but in an unfair and stupix way

Anyone know how to beat zavok on lava mountain zone 3. He fight is difficulty but in an unfair and stupix way

Wii U version?

For the first phase of the fight, dodge the blocks he stomps down on you and hit him when he's on the ground. For the second phase of the fight, you need to position yourself above him and use the bounce attack to stomp the same type of blocks he was just using in the previous phase. Keep platforming upwards and dodging his attacks, knocking every block down that you can, and eventually he'll be defeated.

If you don't defeat him by the time you reach the "halfway point" as I call it (the big vertical shaft), you have to use parkour to run up the two sides of the wall, followed by another section where you can attack him with blocks. Fail to defeat him there though and you'll be greeted by a nice big dead end in the form of the ceiling, at which point there's not a lot else you can do but try again.

• 1 year later...

I KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! My name is Helper for a reason ya'know, alright so let's get started, In Zone 1 of Desert Ruins, when you get into that cave area, there is a section to the right, like THE SECOND after you get the 2nd check point that you have to keep wall jumping on (as you're avoiding those insanely annoying worms) , eventually there will be a ceiling with rings at the top and spikes at the bottom,NOTE: Just let Sonic get on the ceiling gradually, don't try to jump your way on to it because you'll just fall on the spikes, so when you're on the wall just keep running till you're on the ceiling, you'll eventually start to slow down, now GET THIS, you'll actually HANG ON to the ceiling like a monkey!! Ain't that the coolest? so when you're hanging on the wall, just climb back and forth till you get that annoying achievement, hope this helps!!!

I think this will be of good help to people playing this game. Here you can ask for help when you're stuck on a part of Lost World.

To kick things off...

Silent Forest Zone 3's final Red Ring.

Here's an image showing where it is:

cd30535547e6a6b9c619c146c7fbf38cf835c8e6

Now, see that wall in the distance? That there is the show stopper. I don't see any way past that wall - if I keep running, I'll run up the wall, not turn left, slide down the wall and die. If I jump to catch the other side, I won't make it and die. How. Just how do you get past it?

On a final note, if the problem has spoilery stuff in it, please put it in spoiler tags and specify what specific thing it's spoiling.

But... erm..... you gotta give a specific location ya'know, It's not just a path you'll find playing straight through the level..

Edited by Helper the Guy
I did this my self because those annoying youtubers did't have any videos on it

• 4 years later...

Hey thanks for the reply, I did search the forum for a Lost World topic but I'm ignorant to the interface here.

Thanks for sharing that video... I have already seen it but it does not show the route to that area ...which is my problem.

(I've been using that's tubers videos to get all the red star rings)

• 4 weeks later...