Awoo.

Capcom doesn't have the resources for a next-gen fighter

Candescence

Yeah, remember when it was said that Capcom only have $150 million in the bank?

Turns out the situation is apparently so bad that one of Capcom's primary cash cows, fighting games, is no longer doable for them right now, not on 'next-gen' systems.

In essence, Capcom is essentially on its deathbed, the way things are going now. I sympathize with Capcom's various employees, but Capcom as a company, I have no sympathy for - you reap what you sow, after all. Horrible business practices, killing off beloved franchises (Mega Man) greenlighting bad games that completely miss the point of what makes their franchises good, like DmC, RE: Operation Raccoon City, RE6 and Lost Planet 3, among other things... So, yeah.

• Thumbs Up 3

Capcom dying could unfortunately take a lot of my favorite franchises along with it. I can only hope they just get their shit together.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I guess they are paying for dicking around too much.

I suppose everyone is gonna flock to Arks for their fighting games now, with the new BlazBlue coming out soon and all.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they die I just hope that Street Fighter, MvC, Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry and Mega Man go to good homes if they die. I'll be really sad about losing those if they take those with them.

Edited by Ghostly Warp
  • Thumbs Up 3

If they die I just hope that Street Fighter, MvC, Monster Hunter and Mega Man go to good homes if they die. I'll be really sad about losing those if they take those with them.

You forgot to mention DARKSTALKERS, which I'm hoping someone will pick up.

But man its going to be weird that Capcom is dying while there's the Capcom Versus series still around.

If Capcom goes under, this could either be a massive wake-up-call for publishers that they need to change how they do things with the next generation, or the herald of a second crash as the rest fail to learn from Capcom's mistakes and die off as well. Knowing this industry however, I'm inclined to say the latter is more probable, which is kinda depressing.

I'm beating a dead Horse Man by saying this, but hopefully if another publisher picks up Mega Man, they'll hire Comcept to develop the new Mega Man games.

Welp that seals it, without fighting games they've pretty much only got monster hunter to fall back on now. I would say that there is still hope but being the fact that the fighting games have been pretty much their main money maker it seems highly likely they might die off unless they get things in order.

Edited by megadude001

what will happen to the ace attorney series?

Edited by Wonder ED

How is Capcom doing on the Mobile gaming front, incidentally? Last I checked they were still supporting Xover, among things, but I wouldn't know how much money they're making from it.

I'm beating a dead Horse Man by saying this, but hopefully if another publisher picks up Mega Man, they'll hire Comcept to develop the new Mega Man games.

Hmmm... not sure what to think about this. Having new Megaman games, but Mighty No. 9 as well. Dunno, this would be really weird.

No matter what you think of the company, Capcom is home to several adored franchises and if they go under, then that means several of their IPs will die with them, even if by chance some of them get sold off. They may be a shit company, but I'm really hoping they find some way to pull through, and change their business practices while they're at it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't get it.

They sell a trillion units of Street Fighter and Monster Hunter yet they're still in trouble?

Kinda figures that they can't dick ride SF into oblivion.  Mistreating Mega Man was probably their most grave mistake.  Apparently Monster Hunter 4 is killing in Japan though, so they might wanna bring that stateside.

Kinda figures that they can't dick ride SF into oblivion.  Mistreating Mega Man was probably their most grave mistake.  Apparently Monster Hunter 4 is killing in Japan though, so they might wanna bring that stateside.

This. At the moment, the other 3 major projects in the works are Ultra SFIV (wich will probably not sell that much), Strider wich looks solid enough but not on the long time and Deep Down, wich looks very interesting but i'ts a F2P.

If Capcom will go down, then i hope at lest it will put its series on auction like THQ did.

Edited by Teoskaven
  • Thumbs Up 1

lololololol

I'm desperately searching for fucks to give, it's not going very well.

Just auction off the company you clowns, don't take your IPs and Employees down with you.

Knowing Capcom and their tendency to be stubborn, wouldn't surprise me if they took all the IP's down with them as a last middle finger to the world.:P

• Thumbs Up 4

Man, I hope Nintendo could somehow get Mega Man with them. I don't care about any of Capcom's fighters, but Darkstalkers I wished get a revival under someone else.

But Jeez, I'm STILL puzzeled what happend to Capcom through, even with the crappy games they put out in the last couple of years, I'm surprised they fell down so low in money.

To think, I originally thought SEGA was in a runt, I never expected a company as large as Capcom to fall before it.

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 1

Man, I hope Nintendo could somehow get Mega Man with them.

(Yes, I'm going there.)

Why? All they'd do is bastardize the franchise and then either never touch it again or release 1-2 mediocre games per generation.

Edited by Solkia
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is too bad, I'm upset with Capcom but didn't want them to hit such financial problems.

Man, I hope Nintendo could somehow get Mega Man with them. I don't care about any of Capcom's fighters, but Darkstalkers I wished get a revival under someone else.

But Jeez, I'm STILL puzzeled what happend to Capcom through, even with the crappy games they put out in the last couple of years, I'm surprised they fell down so low in money.

To think, I originally thought SEGA was in a runt, I never expected a company as large as Capcom to fall before it.

Just a guess but it might have something to do with outsourcing their games, and cancelling other games while deep in development.

what will happen to the ace attorney series?

fly-you-fools-o.gif

Frodo is us the fans, Gandalf is the Ace attorney series, and Capcom is the Balrog dragging the series down with it to it's untimely demise.

Edited by Balding Spider

All they'd do is bastardize the franchise and then either never touch it again or release 1-2 mediocre games per generation.

So an improvement over Capcom then.

• Thumbs Up 4

So an improvement over Capcom then.

While im not sure nintendo would let an icon like megaman die on their watch I could see them having problems keeping two iconic IP's (megaman and mario) popular.

While im not sure nintendo would let an icon like megaman die on their watch I could see them having problems keeping two iconic IP's (megaman and mario) popular.

They actualy do have 2 they keep popular right now, Mario, and KIRBY, although the latter has always been primarily on portables, and they both have their own studios, but whos to say they would form a new team to or studio to take care of MegaMan, in fact it would be extremely likely they would form at least a Megaman team, with boht fresh new talent, and some of the best classic talent from the series if they could