Awoo.

Sonic Transformed iOS CONFIRMED (For December)

DaN

I think it will, and in fact hope so too as I have the same one, haha!

Really glad this is finally being released.

I quite liked the first iOS Sonic All Stars game :)

I shall be downloading this on my 5S as soon as it's available. Mobile technology has come alone in leaps and bounds since the already impressive ASR was released a few years ago. Only thing I'm worried about it what it's going to cost. I understand F2P as a business model (or a cheap game where microtransactions are encourages), and IIRC it was very profitable for SEGA last time, but I really hate it. Just let me buy the whole game for a normal price, and unlock things the standard way.

And the iPad 2?

They're equal in power, so yes :)

Day one for sure, thanks Sumo :D

How much storage will be needed?

Yep, it does. ^_^

I have an iPhone 5s and iPad mini with Retina however like Sonic Dash, I switch my progress from time to time with both devices thanks to iCloud game saving. Does this game support iCloud saving?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How much storage will be needed?

I'm not sure about the final install size off the top of my head (I don't have a device at home with it on!) but the ipa file which is used to install it is around 900mb. We actually have more events than ever before so you get a _LOT_ for that space.

I have an iPhone 5s and iPad mini with Retina however like Sonic Dash, I switch my progress from time to time with both devices thanks to iCloud game saving. Does this game support iCloud saving?

Yep it does support cloud saves so you can sync between devices. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep it does support cloud saves so you can sync between devices. :)

Will there be such a feature for Android devices, too?

I'm not sure about the final install size off the top of my head (I don't have a device at home with it on!) but the ipa file which is used to install it is around 900mb. We actually have more events than ever before so you get a _LOT_ for that space.

Wow, so around a gigabyte? That's pretty big, not to mention it'll probably need more to install it over wifi. What time does it go up on the App Store?

Will there be such a feature for Android devices, too?

Yep, it uses Google Play for cloud save support on Android.

Wow, so around a gigabyte? That's pretty big, not to mention it'll probably need more to install it over wifi. What time does it go up on the App Store?

You do get a huge amount of content for that though - it actually takes me longer to play through SART mobile than the console version! I'd like to detail what all that content is, but until the app is live then I can't say any more than has already been said. :)

I'm not sure what time it goes live, I guess that's all down to Apple/Google/SEGA? Whoever pushes a button on the app store to make it show up. It's not me that's for sure!

• Thumbs Up 1

Look at all those Eggman Microtransactions!

Seriously I'm in shock! There's only one playable character from the start in a racing game. Is this a free to play title?

• Thumbs Up 7

Ryo hears the news:

YmhoUju.jpg

I shouldn't laugh, but it's the fact that each piece of news seems like an even bigger troll than the last. I really can't believe there's only one playable character available from the start.

Hang on.... how is multiplayer going to work? If nobody bothers to unlock a second character, does that mean everyone is Sonic, or only people who use the unlocks can play since the original has enough pre-opened character slots for an online game?

• Thumbs Up 5

Turns out it's been live on the New Zealand App Store for the last 5 hours or so. 
https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/id686542963?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

It’s Not Just Racing… it’s Racing Transformed!

Race as Sonic and a host of legendary All-Stars and prepare to transform! Speed across land, sea and air in a high velocity battle to the finish line, as your amazing transformable vehicle changes from car to boat to plane mid-race. Racing on mobile will never be the same again!

LEGENDARY RACERS
Race as 10 legendary racers at launch each with their own unique transformable vehicle. Plus many more All-Stars coming soon!

DYNAMIC TRACKS
Take to land, sea & air as you race through dynamically changing courses. Discover alternate routes, find new power-ups and avoid emerging hazards as you race to victory – every track feels different.

DESIGNED FOR MOBILE
A brand new World Tour has been designed for gaming on the go, plus Daily and Weekly Challenges test your racing prowess.

ULTIMATE MOBILE MULTIPLAYER
Take on your friends in ultracompetitive 4-player races, both online and locally. Plus challenge your friends’ best times to show them who is the best.

SOCIALLY CONNECTED
Comprehensive Facebook integration – see your friends’ profile pics on the track and take them down.

MULTIPLE CONTROLS
Choose to play with touch or tilt controls, or even use a controller to race!

This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
$6.49
Category: Games
Released: 01 January 2014
Version: 1.1
Size: 1.03 GB
Language: English
Seller: Sega America
© SEGA
Rated 4+
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

Look at all those Eggman Microtransactions!

Seriously I'm in shock! There's only one playable character from the start in a racing game. Is this a free to play title?

Nope! It costs $6.49AU.

Wait, so you only get one character from the start, but you have to pay for the app? Sumo, please fix this, you should at least be able to have a sizable amount of characters to start with if the game costs money.

What does it cost in pounds then?

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, so you only get one character from the start, but you have to pay for the app? Sumo, please fix this, you should at least be able to have a sizable amount of characters to start with if the game costs money.

What does it cost in pounds then?

From the looks of the video it seems you do buy characters with the ingame currency.

$7

Full of microtransactions

Oh boy. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale or go free.

OH MY GOD, SEGA! Are you for real? I'm laughing my ass off here.

Originally Posted by PresidentZer0 View Post
how is multiplayer lag? is multiplayer only with facebook possible?

Can`t tell you very much about it since it seem that it does require Facebook...
img_14851xws8f.png

...and the Game won`t let you play the Multiplayer Mode till you have played through the World Tour...
img_14881pis5r.png

...or buy the...
img_14872imsjg.png

...to be able to race against your friends straight from the Beginning. (6,49 = $4,99).

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3088049&postcount=42

$7
Full of microtransactions

Oh boy. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale or go free.

That's $6.49 in Australian Dollars. According to people posting over at TouchArcade, it works out at $4.99 US.

I was going to get this day one...now I changed my mind. This is even worse than the Sonic Dash launch.

I mean a lot worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apperently SEGA wanted another cash cow, so they let the console version stew for a while and get great feedback, and then told SUMO to convert it to a nickel and dime it so badly that they can make money off people who want to play it on the go

GAME HINT: Why not buy everything for just $10? Who needs to put the time and effort into playing the game!

Its like there insulting the people who didn't want to go through the world tour mode on the console version.