Awoo.

Sonic Transformed iOS CONFIRMED (For December)

DaN

So anyone gonna try and get this working on an Ouya since it's eventually gonna get an android version?

And Ouya's are the best.

It might work if you side load it, but there is no Ouya controller support in it. So you probably won't be able to play it :P

---

S0L

---

Ouya has its own store, it's not directly linked to Android. You can get apps if you sideload it like S0L pointed out.

I wonder why SEGA hasn't put it out on the Ouya. That would actually be a smart idea considering how easy it would be and it being one of the only flagship titles on the platform.

I was going to buy it 10 minutes ago...then I hesitated. I looked at the price of the game, then compared it to the VIP pass price. It's the same.

So you know what that means? Instead of paying for the VIP pass in the game store, you are paying it up front as the VIP Pass automatically unlocks (thanks to the new iOS 7 receipt verification I guess?) when you start up the game. Without the VIP Pass, with no multiplayer and GP.

Which I don't understand. Was this a last minute change? Was this originally a F2P game, then in the last minute Sega changed it to force players into getting the VIP pass? Or Sega is going to make this game free months later, fill the game with ads then it's optional to get the VIP pass.

It's either one of the two because it doesn't make sense in to why that VIP Pass is there in store if it's automatically unlocked to new buyers now.

Also for expert difficulties, you use 1 star instead of rings right? What if I fail that event? I lose that star? Because if you replay the event it costs another star. 

And I'm sure the events get harder and harder forcing you to use cash.

While thinking of playing Transformed again on iOS is refreshing I need to hold on for a little while. Nothing against you Sumo, but after what happened with launch Dash I have to be careful with Sega and their iOS releases.

Dash was $3, used me as a beta tester then later became free to everyone. I felt ripped off and while I didn't show my anger towards that area, it was from that moment that changed my view on Sega.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mines only frozen once or twice and that was when I forgot to close other apps in the background, I get lag very occasionally at the start of a race, not bad in my book :)

Also has anyone else noticed that during Workd Tour, if you pay for the event and fail, as long as you finish the event as "failure" rather than restarting from the pause menu , it gives you back all your rings so you can enter again practically for free. It seems t happen to me every time, as long as I finish the event and get the the end screen I get my rings back and try again

It's getting piss poor reviews already from people who bought it, apparently buggy and freezes often?

That's no good.

Most of them are stupid people who bought the game in a non-compatible mobile, and are now crying saying is the devs' fault. Believe me, it's the most normal thing you'll see in Google Play comment sections.

Aparently on some Samsung devices, the game can be purchased but will not run. I think they blocked purchase of the game shortly after.

Actually the reviews in Google Play can be accurate, SEGA forums posted a thread about it too:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?505237-Problems-with-SASRT-on-Android&p=8462432

Android Police has a say too:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/01/03/new-game-sonic-racing-transformed-lands-in-the-play-store-broken-down-and-low-on-content/

These are the screens I found from the Android version so far. If any of you have an Android device and have the game please post the look of it.

Screenshot_2014-01-03-22-39-20.png

Screenshot_2014-01-03-22-40-02.png

Screenshot_2014-01-03-22-40-45.png

It's been one day and it's already Editor's Choice. Now that's fast processing! FxOnISq.jpg

I think you mean blast processing.

I'll get my coat.

I think you mean blast processing.

I'll get my coat.

*Squints at top of the page*

Yeaaah.. This joke was already made, sorry.

You tried c:

Okay, so today for the daily challenge I was awarded with "special FX for all characters". Uh... What's that?

"IT'S NO USE!!"

No, come on, FX? You unlocked FX for doing a daily challenge? Shouldn't that already..You know, be in the game to begin with?

*Squints at top of the page*

Yeaaah.. This joke was already made, sorry.

You tried c:

Hm? Ah. Looks like I got Musashi'd.

Oh well, thought the joke was worth a stab anyway.

The game is not bad, this is the first and probably only game I'll purchase on mobiles, but I encountered some problems. Most notable ones is that I can't stunt nor sending items backwards, no matter how hard I try.

I'm playing with a Sony Xperia SP.

I know they said there were more mode than the console game but...well in a little dissapointed in the content so far, up to the last world your and don't get me wrong the game is fun and a blast to play, but there is only really 2 single player modes, grand prix and world Tour. Some of the challenges are really fun and I was sorta hoping to have a "free play" mode where you could choose the stage you wanted to play and then to either race on it or do a challenge. I hate having to have to do a Grand Prix in order to race on a certain track, especially when sometimes I want to only do a race or two.

On the bright side I'm considering getting the console version because I'm enjoying the gane

I know they said there were more mode than the console game but...well in a little dissapointed in the content so far, up to the last world your and don't get me wrong the game is fun and a blast to play, but there is only really 2 single player modes, grand prix and world Tour. Some of the challenges are really fun and I was sorta hoping to have a "free play" mode where you could choose the stage you wanted to play and then to either race on it or do a challenge. I hate having to have to do a Grand Prix in order to race on a certain track, especially when sometimes I want to only do a race or two.

On the bright side I'm considering getting the console version because I'm enjoying the gane

You should, its a great game but don't be surprised if the a.i is kicking your butt early on, you start to get the hang of things when you get more experienced at racing.

I spotted this on GAF.

We're certainly not done with the mobile version though, got some new stuff coming on the near horizon...

---

S0L

---

Though this is probably daily/weekly challenges and fixes.

Oh and...

S0L any chance this will get Nvidia Shield support?

We're going to take a look at getting the controls working at least tongue.png

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

I want Sanctuary Falls and Galactic parade to be added. I liked those tracks.

Sanctuary Falls? It isn't already in the game?

I have another tour and a half left to complete, but it's blatantly there in the trailer. Was it removed from the build we currently have, or have you not gotten to it yet? It'll be a devilishly difficult track because the flight takes a lot of getting used to with touch controls. Graffiti City's third lap is hard enough, and Sanctuary Falls requires more manoeuvring than that.

Oh....my mistake then! Seems a little odd that it's not earlier on in the world tour. What about Dream Valley?

Btw, the special FX isn't voice clips. Basically, the SEGA logo sometimes comes out of the exhaust of your behicle, I think namely when drifting. Very simple, but very nice at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dash was $3, used me as a beta tester then later became free to everyone. I felt ripped off and while I didn't show my anger towards that area, it was from that moment that changed my view on Sega.

OMG.. same.

It didn't even work well on my phone (iPhone 4/4s optimization came like 1 month later) and constantly crashed. Not only that, Sonic 4 Episode 2 has been incompatible with iOS 7 for several months ago. If they want mobile customers, they better stop treating them like crap.

So what tracks made it into this version, anyway? I'm interested to know if Burning Depths is there or not.

I want to know if I can experience the hell that's that level with touch controls.