Awoo.

Famous Sonic Fans?

QuantumEdge

A thought just recently occurred to me.  Which famous people like Sonic the Hedgehog?  I'll be honest and say I haven't got a clue who does, but I know there has to be some, even if they're people I've never heard of before.  So does anyone know a famous person to like Sonic?

Um... Don't you think it is better asking this in a status update?

Anyways, it is a big world, and there might be a famous person who likes Sonic, and is most likely a famous YouTuber that does. I am not exactly sure who is a Sonic fan, because maybe even Jack Black kept this private. A wild guess, I am not saying so.

If you want YouTube-famous Sonic fans, I think it's MegaGWolf, I think....

I think at one point I heard rumor or something that Obama's daughter like Sonic.

*shrugs*

I dunno what you're asking, are you asking about people famous in the community, but not outside it, or of internet fame, or of people in the real world who are famous and happen to like Sonic?

Michael Jackson is the obvious one.

Andy Murray also likes to play Sonic before a big match, according to an interview earlier in the year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I know owning a sonic shirt doesn't automatically make you a fan, but M.I.A. had one... *shrugs*

mia-sonic-shirt.jpg

Marky ramone had one too but i can't find a pic

Plus...of course...Jesse bitch!

Um... Don't you think it is better asking this in a status update?

Anyways, it is a big world, and there might be a famous person who likes Sonic, and is most likely a famous YouTuber that does. I am not exactly sure who is a Sonic fan, because maybe even Jack Black kept this private. A wild guess, I am not saying so.

If you want YouTube-famous Sonic fans, I think it's MegaGWolf, I think....

I wasn't really thinking of asking it in a status update, sorry about that.  I just wondered if anyone here knew as all.

I think at one point I heard rumor or something that Obama's daughter like Sonic.

*shrugs*

I dunno what you're asking, are you asking about people famous in the community, but not outside it, or of internet fame, or of people in the real world who are famous and happen to like Sonic?

I mean if there are any real life famous people who are fans of Sonic.

Edited by QuantumEdge

Lacey Chabert said she was a Sonic fan when she was younger, but I'd chalk that up to her simply doing as she was told to promote Sonic '06...

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean if there are any real life famous people who are fans of Sonic

Are internet celebs fictional people now? :P

• Thumbs Up 4

While it might just be because of his line of work, Mike Pollock seems pretty fond of the franchise (he was even willing to take time out of his busy day to attend Sonic New York meetups, for example). He did tell me he's not much of a gamer, however, so I assume he's more attached to the characters and the stories involving them.

I remember seeing Fernando Alonso (of Formula 1 fame) in a Sonic shirt. Also My Chemical Romance were Sonic fans...though they broke up so aren't famous anymore.

Well Lacey Chabert has been shown to be one since childhood in an interview.

I think Chris Brown could also count seeing that he has a chain of Sonic:

chris-brown.jpg

My favorite band in the world is L'Arc~en~Ciel.  Imagine my fangasm when I saw this.

tetsu_sonic.jpg

(Forgive the terrible quality; it's a screenshot from a YouTube video that was uploaded years ago!)

Edited by Spooky Akita
  • Thumbs Up 1

While it might just be because of his line of work, Mike Pollock seems pretty fond of the franchise (he was even willing to take time out of his busy day to attend Sonic New York meetups, for example). He did tell me he's not much of a gamer, however, so I assume he's more attached to the characters and the stories involving them.

I do know for a fact that he at least pays attention to the Archie series: he Tweeted a couple of months back about the second "Best of Sonic" book, where he jokingly voiced his dissatisfaction at how they saved Eggman for the last chapter rather than making him "Number 1" (hearty laughter)

Edited by TheFatPanda

Well, sort of. They're playing a role as the alter-egos they have on the internet. If the role likes Sonic, it's not certain that the real person behind it does. Just sayin'

That really depends on what the person is known for doing on the internet. Some of them don't even try to hide how are, and some just only display themselves in a credible way but still can let off something about how they are in actuality.

What you're saying makes me think of an actor, and I've never really seen a lot of internet celebs do that unless that's part of the thing that they're famous for doing in the 1st place.

I know there is a competitive gamer who got Guinnessed for Sonic games.

Yep, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Charles Ziese, AKA you smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Drew Carey had a Saturn and later a Dreamcast on the set of his show, I've heard he is a SEGA fan so by extension probably likes Sonic games.

Also, Daniel Tosh of Tosh.0 has featured Sonic numerous times, and appears to be a fan of speed runs.

"Facepalm."  I forgot until now that Jason Griffith has been said to be a Sonic fan.  How did I not remember that? wacko.png

I know James Franco is a Sonic Fan... I think Louis Lovhagen was a fan of the games, but he doesn't like the fanbase all that much... James Rolfe is a sonic fan... Mike Matei might be one, but I'm not sure.