Awoo.

The Sonic Stadium is 13 Years Old Today!

Dreadknux

Happy Bday TSS! I was pretty happy writing articles for Sonic News and updating the site despite my issues with it. I still cite those days as something to be proud of, having a hand in this great site's upkeep. 13 years is quite the lifespan for a fansite don't you agree?

Can we have the Smash Cards now?

Oh wow, that brings back memories :lol:

I remember when the Fluff and Party forum was still alive and leeching away attention from the rest of the boards to the point that if the majority of your posts were there and not anywhere else you could be 'disciplined'. Boy was I happy when that part of the board snuffed it. I still hold the belief that it made Sonic discussion seriously stagnate back then.

Sonic Spriters Network? Station Square Meet 'n Greet? Yuji Naka and his Merry Men? Anyone remember those parts of old SSMB? I remember the days when we didn't have fancy-schmancy profiles and rep and certainly no status feed either. In retrospect, perhaps the SSMB of old was less close-knit and a lot more...what's the word for it? Razor-tongued? But it was intelligent and was one of the more mature, no-nonsense Sonic boards out there next to another Sonic board.

FUKING TEENAGERS!

So does this mean SSMB is gonna go through puberty? ohmy.png

But hooray! Happy birthday TSS!

Happy birthday SSMB, while myself has only joined this year (and the second Sonic related forums that I did join after one 8 years ago), the community has stuck by together past and present as the climate regarding Sonic and friends kept changing for better or for worse. Plus organising Summer of Sonic with Sega really paid off regarding the fanbase. So I personally thank each and every one of the members for making this happen.

Not only 13 years is a long time for a fansite/forum but also lucky that it hasn't disappeared into thin air like some other places or have become inactive since it does seem that there are less forums than in the past due to people favouring Facebook and similar places these days. There have been many places that I remember that have long gone online. Hope that the community is strong enough to last even longer, so keep it classy (or am I getting that confused with another Sonic forum?).

Sonic Spriters Network? Station Square Meet 'n Greet? Yuji Naka and his Merry Men?

For some reason I recognise the first one even though it might just be a coincidence (wonder if they ever went to Pixeltendo or Mystical Forest Zone?) but Yuji Naka and his Merry Men does sound interesting.

Even though the idea of Yuji Naka stealing from the rich (King Tom [Kalinske] and the Sheriff of Nakamura) and give to the poor is probably way off to what it really was.

For some reason I recognise the first one even though it might just be a coincidence (wonder if they ever went to Pixeltendo or Mystical Forest Zone?) but Yuji Naka and his Merry Men does sound interesting.

Even though the idea of Yuji Naka stealing from the rich (King Tom [Kalinske] and the Sheriff of Nakamura) and give to the poor is probably way off to what it really was.

It was a sub-forum for discussion of Sonic Team's other games i.e NiGHTS, Billy Hatcher, Phantasy Star, Burning Rangers etc.

If I didn't find this site, I never would have found any Sonic fans to make friends with. Thank you so much, and happy birthday! Or happy anniversary... whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Happy Birthday TSS!

13 years old? Oh dear, you know what happens when you become a teenager....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuEY6jN6gY

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

This site is growing up so fast Q_Q, and to think I only joined in 2010. Had some great times here and I know I'll be having many more! Happy Birthday SSMB! Will make something for later. Maybe remaster some Sonic tunes, I dunno, nothing big as, to be honest, this is short notice ^^;

I've only been with you for 1 of your 13 years SSMB, but I've been here long enough to know that you're an awesome community. Let's hope you continue to prosper! 

Pfft; look at Old Man Tornado bragging about his oldness, the old codger...... You're old! D8<

Boy was I happy when that part of the board snuffed it. I still hold the belief that it made Sonic discussion seriously stagnate back then.

I remember the huge fallout from the closing and announcement of it all. So many people were pissed, lashing out at staff, and threatening to leave. It was glorious; a white hot sphere of teenage rage. I tried to implement a similar measure on another site for the same reasons-- it was killing discussion-- but the only thing that came of that was that one of the bigger threads was closed and reopened fresh, because people were insisting that there was nothing else in the world to talk about without their spam forum. Granted, I never understood why you would want to use a forum as an no-holds-barred chat space. Create a Skype Chat and just hang out there with folks. 

I've been here since the beginning on another account when I was two years old.

Nah, just kidding. Happy Birthday Sonic Stadium! I joined this place exactly 9 months ago and love it here. It's great meeting so many awesome people to have a conversation with, the Mods do their jobs perfectly, and I love the layout. There's so much to discuss here. Here's to another 13 years!

Edited by Chaos Incarnate
  • Thumbs Up 1

Happy Birthday! Still quite glad I found the site during the days when Sonic Colors news was coming out! That was when I was getting back into the Sonic series! 

I only joined the forums quite recently even though I been stalking forever, and honestly I quite like this place! Hope to stay here for many more great years to come! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Man I've been here since 2006 and that makes me feel old now. I've been here for 7 of the 13 years its been up :/.

Happy birthday anyway SSMB. Without this place I wouldn't know a couple of the people I do so I'm grateful for that. Especially for knowing Wolfy-chan, he is just so kawaii.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since Dread didn't link it, if you guys want to see the old OLD board before we switched over to IP.Board, take a look:
http://thesonicstadiummb.yuku.com/

These are the board's early beginnings with "The Dreadknuxster" in charge.

http://www.angelfire.com/games2/sonicstadium/
http://www.angelfire.com/games2/sonicstadium/ssngmain/main2.html

^These were the old webpages before we moved too. 1 just leaves a lovely message but the other semi-works.

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/sonicmusic/

^I Believe this was our old music hosting section as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

oh my god I am laughing so hard at these, I found a really choice post from Dreadknux (I'm sorry, the DREADKNUXSTER) in which he complains about "the homosexual price" of the Xbox and why Nintendo rules haha.

These pages are golden dude, I wasn't around for SSMB during these days so it is interesting to see haha. Also crazy seeing topics about people going "new char in Sonic Advance 2!!" among other things.

• Thumbs Up 4

Holy shit. 13 years. When did we get old?

I thought I'd just make a quick post about this. Normally I prepare a whole bunch of something to celebrate the site's birthday, but with things in my personal life a bit out of sorts right now I've not really had the chance.

After the tenth or so, it's just another day... until the 15th or 20th. (Insert tasteless joke about SSMB Generations.)

Since Dread didn't link it, if you guys want to see the old OLD board before we switched over to IP.Board, take a look:

http://thesonicstadiummb.yuku.com/

Oh, the memories come flooding back when I go through that old SSMB. (My 15-year old self needs a punch to the throat.)

God times don't change squat, 11 years later and were still bashing Xbox and praising Nintendo. so that was the source for all this bias, Dreadknux!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Happy bday SSMB! I had my 8th anniversary here back in July. tongue.png

So... I can reminisce here without feeling out of place? yolo

I joined SSMB exclusively because of the SSN haha. Me (as Sonic Strong Bad... eugh), my brother (Gundam Guy), and a friend from school (Supaso) were interested in spritework and joined here. Posted some shitty recolors (original the character do not steal) before making my masterpiece of a fan character. Had some good times here, and of course some not so good times. I definitely have some fond memories of listening to old school SSR (The Raccoon Zone, Hypersonic's Top 10 Countdown, Iceman, The Sonic Hour, many others), doing Sprite/ArtWatch for a while, making a spinoff spriting forum with Izzy Goldrunner and a few others at the time which eventually died, winning a pumpkin carving contest (ran unopposed!), participating in the original Mr. SSMB pageant, and all sorts of other fun things. I did a decent amount of my preliminary "growing up" here on SSMB but I wasn't here for the real phases really. If nothing else, I discovered part of myself here, and definitely figured out a few things I DIDN'T want to do as a career or hobby haha. A lot of people of old may have moved on to other venues but SSMB is still a cozy place with nice folks. Plenty of oldies are still around, too, if you know where to look. I don't spend anywhere near as much time here as I did in those days but I like to pay a visit here and there, and I usually have a pleasant experience.

<3 SSMB

Geeeeez, and I've only been here for 8 of those and it feels like forever, let alone 13 lmao!

Well happy b-day SSMB. Here's to you sucking away any chance of a life I had outdoors, many procrastinated projects stalled/killed by your hand, and a good 4th of my life in your name, >:U. I guess you redeem yourself by giving me maaany friends that made my life way better and more awesome, meeting some of said friends in real life, more intelligence, confidence to be a composer to the point of traveling to canada to become a certified audio engineer, a position on the board that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and special, and heck shaping me into who I am today.

So here's to another 13 years, if my mind can even fathom that!

• Thumbs Up 2

Happy Birthday, TSS.

13 years young and still sitting pretty.

Here's to many more years of Blue fans gathering and sharing the love.

oh my god I am laughing so hard at these, I found a really choice post from Dreadknux (I'm sorry, the DREADKNUXSTER) in which he complains about "the homosexual price" of the Xbox and why Nintendo rules haha.

These pages are golden dude, I wasn't around for SSMB during these days so it is interesting to see haha. Also crazy seeing topics about people going "new char in Sonic Advance 2!!" among other things.

Hahaha! Oh my God, I was such a dweeb! :D Jesus, I needed to punch my own face in back then.

• Thumbs Up 4