Awoo.

The Sonic Stadium is 13 Years Old Today!

Dreadknux

The joy's of growing up...sometimes.

Speeeeeeeaking of which, a certain site says that our boy The Dreadknuxster got into a magazine in the UK!

So we got 2 reasons to celebrate!! :D

Edited by goku262002

Wow 13 years. I bounced in and out of this site back in 05. Then finally joined a year later because of the content I saw and the awesome people and conversation. Hell I was here before and after the black out. Jeez. Thanks Dread. Now I feel older than I thought I was. 

Happy 13 years. And here's to more good and bad ones to come. Imagine, in 2 years will be the 15th anniversary. 

Imagine, in 2 years will be the 15th anniversary. 

in 2 years will be the 15th anniversary. 

15th anniversary. 

tumblr_mjrgrfKRDu1qimttgo1_1363450012_co

ohno.

Edited by Faseeh
  • Thumbs Up 1

I first joined this forum 4 years, 6 months and 13 days ago, though I lurked around the site for at least a few years before. It's good to see a quality Sonic website that hasn't been lost in the interweb abyss or abadoned like some others I have known over the years. Happy birthday, Sonic Stadium! ^-^

I forgot to make a post here, so erm. Oops.

I've been visiting The Sonic Stadium since back in 2008 where the site would always be my go to for Sonic stories, and I've been a member of SSMB since 2010 but I wasn't ever active properly until 2012. I'm happy that I did come back, since I've found an awesome community to just kinda escape to and talk about whatever the hell I want. So that's pretty damn cool.

Happy (Belated) Birthday TSS! 

I got one last thing to do, before I can upload everything into my showcase thread. But the group picture is complete and can be used in any way you see fit. It's in PNG format and has a transparent background, I just couldn't think of anything that would fit as a background for such a large scale picture.

I also didn't properly plan for text, so some members are covered up by words that needed to be there.

For those that haven't explored my showcase thread, let me try to quickly fill you in on what this is. So don't be too quick with praise as I have some confessing to do.

An idea that first surfaced from the possibility of an SSMB based animation with some influence from Hogfather and his "HypeTrain" Project. It started under the name "SSMB Toons" and focused on giving physical appearances to members of the board in different cartoon styles. What started as simple fun, became something big as I wanted to take things further.

I previously created a peace of Sonic FanArt that featured 99 Sonic characters from the past video games in a single image.

This became it's spiritual sequel. Featuring 116 members of the board, including staff and the top 20 highest posters of this board. The idea of it being a birthday celebration picture came much later, when a sudden curiosity had me look up the date that TSS first came to be. The date was several months ahead and seemed like a perfect deadline for completion.

Why go so far on a simple project? Because life is hard and I just enjoy spreading whatever kind of joy I can, even though I'm not a very positive person.

Enjoy Everything!

3d3y.png

Sweet! Congratulations on your perseverence in seeing this project through to the end; I envy and commend you for this. One suggestion: enlarge the image canvas a bit and move the text out of the way; I'm sure those who are obscured by it would appreciate it.

Awesome job! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I got one last thing to do, before I can upload everything into my showcase thread. But the group picture is complete and can be used in any way you see fit. It's in PNG format and has a transparent background, I just couldn't think of anything that would fit as a background for such a large scale picture.

I also didn't properly plan for text, so some members are covered up by words that needed to be there.

For those that haven't explored my showcase thread, let me try to quickly fill you in on what this is. So don't be too quick with praise as I have some confessing to do.

An idea that first surfaced from the possibility of an SSMB based animation with some influence from Hogfather and his "HypeTrain" Project. It started under the name "SSMB Toons" and focused on giving physical appearances to members of the board in different cartoon styles. What started as simple fun, became something big as I wanted to take things further.

I previously created a peace of Sonic FanArt that featured 99 Sonic characters from the past video games in a single image.

This became it's spiritual sequel. Featuring 116 members of the board, including staff and the top 20 highest posters of this board. The idea of it being a birthday celebration picture came much later, when a sudden curiosity had me look up the date that TSS first came to be. The date was several months ahead and seemed like a perfect deadline for completion.

Why go so far on a simple project? Because life is hard and I just enjoy spreading whatever kind of joy I can, even though I'm not a very positive person.

Enjoy Everything!

3d3y.png

I see myself!  Awesome! =D

This is very well done. well worth the time and effort!  Fantastic job! ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Sweet! Congratulations on your perseverence in seeing this project through to the end; I envy and commend you for this. One suggestion: enlarge the image canvas a bit and move the text out of the way; I'm sure those who are obscured by it would appreciate it.

Awesome job! smile.png

Made an edit to the picture based on your idea, replaced the link of the image with the new version in that same post. It does look better now, thanks. ^^