Awoo.

Have you been striked?

Diz

Don't think I've been striked yet...

I don't think it should be taken to heart though. If its a situation where, say, the poster is breaking rules without being aware of it, and if nobody striked him/her, then he/she would remain unaware that there's anything wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I also just say, and you might want to edit this into the topic.

Please do not, PM TSS staff about strikes/asking TSS staff for them to be removed. We don't get involved with forum discipline matters, we can't remove them and we can't see the discussions about them, so we can't actually help you other than advise you to contact one of the SSMB staff.

• Thumbs Up 4

Very rarely do we consciously remember to whom we have given a strike, either. On one hand this is good because for the most part, we don't judge people based on their past behavior as long as they have shown signs and willingness to improve, and it's a good sign if we see you around the forums and don't think to ourselves, "Oh yeah this is the guy I striked four months ago for that one incident." On the other hand... we really do forget the people we strike which means that many people probably have had their strikes for several months or even years on end, lol. So to further emphasize Diz's point, please definitely do shoot any one of us a PM (yes, even me - I won't bite) to have us review your strike and determine whether you can have it removed.

Keep in mind that not every strike will necessarily be removed; depending on the person and their current behavior, we may decide to keep it on for longer. However, it never hurts to ask, and if you're mature about it, the odds are in your favor. The method and way you inquire us is a large determining factor.

(Oh and please do not bring up your strike details in this topic, this is a private matter to settle between you and the staff, not to dispute it in public.)

• Thumbs Up 3

We use a three-strike system but if you're an especially notorious troublemaker, such as a spammer, bandodger, or troll, we just off you on the spot.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

How can you check for strikes?

Go to your profile by clicking on your name at the top right of the screen, and it will show you, right below your avatar on the left, how many infractions ("warning points") you have against your account like so:

warningpoints.png

Here you can see that I have zero. If you click on it, it will list your infractions (if you have any).

You can only see your own warning points, not those of other members. You can also see your warning points under your avatar and post count in your posts.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 3

• The topic was unpinned