Awoo.

ARTWORK: Zavok the Spinning Silver's Thread

Zavok the SpinningSilver

Hey there people! After that Werehog contest, I figured I probably should have gotten around to showing you guys some stuff I've worked on.

I'm kinda lazy tho', so expect this place to be updated around the same speed as I update my deviantART. (Spoiler Alert, it's ridiculously slow. Life says so.) XP

Anyway, here's some stuffs I've done. I'll have more recent stuff later.

birthday_gift__sonic_vs_e_99_egg_emperor

I saw Sonic getting pummeled by the Egg Emperor, and decided "Ya know WHAT? Imma draw this."

gear_and_the_7_chaos_by_animesonikku-d62

World War Blue (or Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de) might have been bad, but "Sonic" still kicked ass imo.

___or_a_knight_in_the_wind_by_animesonik

My work for a collab. by a fav. artist of mine, Auroblaze on deviantART. I was gonna draw Sonic vs. Percival for this instead, but I decided to give Gawain some love at the last minute.

fma___a_new_suit_by_zero26t-d65dpgh.jpg

I'll leave you with a small little comic strip. Nothin' too major, just a funny little joke I made when thought of Omega's new voice actor.

What do you guys think?

• Thumbs Up 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All this talk about Unknown from ME.

Shazam. Older work, but still.

unknown_from_m_e__by_animesonikku-d5pqnl

• Thumbs Up 4

Really loving the FMA tie-in. I always liked seeing how voice actors connect between series... I can just imagine Omega having to take orders from Knuckles due to the latter's being voiced by the same person as Roy Mustang.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just posted this up on my deviantART:

darkrai_doodle_by_zero26t-d6zi48v.jpg

Testing out some manga pens that I recently got. I'll come back with some rather belated Christmas presents.

• Thumbs Up 3

And now for the presents:

3p0ldXp.jpg

Yyqq756.jpg

hxi3NwM.jpg

FjhZpR7.jpg

72Md1kt.jpg

3OujW6q.jpg

I was extremely nervous about putting these up, they look so weird! But enjoy your belated Christmas presents: concepts for the Deadly Six...humans!

because they weren't goofy looking enough

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

More inking practice, but this time with Zeena!

...and some stuff in Frozen Factory. But mostly Zeena!

frozen_factory_gimmicks_and_zeena_by_zer

Don't worry, I'll have a new actual picture here soon enough. It will have the Deadly Six in it, I'll tell you that much.

EDIT: For the love of all things good, click the image to view it properly. A squishy image is not a happy image.

• Thumbs Up 1

Requests by Codes in Trance, A Sinister Piece of Cheese, and Sly4Good. Don't worry Youngster Dan, I'm gettin' to yours, but I guess I didn't anticipate what my family had planned for the day.

v3tIeDU.jpg

I can make a cohesive piece with everything happening at once, if you guys want.

Also, a fairly recent FMA piece, so this gallery has a little more color...

lust_the_lascivious_by_zero26t-d667711.j

• 1 month later...

And I'm back!

I was able to use a drawing tablet, and learned to color in Photoshop. I've never used a tablet before, and I've gotta say: it's gonna take some getting used to.

In any case, I've traced over and partially colored one of my pieces to practice: Huey Freeman, from the Boondocks.

iLbTP9e.jpg

I'm not finished with it yet, but I'm making progress. Not too shabby for a first time tablet user though. What do you guys think?

• Thumbs Up 6

• 4 weeks later...

Ohhh, I like your manga pen drawings! You should definitely do more of those. And that tablet drawing is also pretty good, especially for a first timer. Keep up the good work. =D

• Thumbs Up 1

Ohhh, I like your manga pen drawings! You should definitely do more of those. And that tablet drawing is also pretty good, especially for a first timer. Keep up the good work. =D

Funny you should mention those manga pens:

osyLRMR.jpg

I've been I've been working on an idea for a banner, and this is the variant I made with the manga pens!

It's a WIP, but I have a basic idea of how the banner will look.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Should show this off before I jet again:

the_seven_deadly_sins_by_zero26t-d7hueh4

Months in the making, delayed heavily by school stuff, but it's done. The Deadly Six and Eggman as the Seven Deadly Sins.

Hope you guys like it!

• Thumbs Up 6

• 1 month later...

So! I'm doing a thing.

O2Of88B.jpg

It's not finished yet though, still have to reflect the light on the wine glass. What do you guys think?

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

Spinning Silver obtained Intuos 5 Tablet!

Spinning Silver read tutorials!

Spinning Silver used patience and confidence on artwork!

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!!

D7eoF25.jpg

...and yet he still credits himself as Zavok. *sigh*

• Thumbs Up 3

• 9 months later...

Here's some sketches I've been worked on. They're for an art project I have in class, paying tribute to a favourite artist by creating a piece that uses their style. Case in point, Jamie Hewlett of Tank Girl and Gorillaz fame.

smbcwbQ.jpg

This was a pretty fun practice run, can't wait to try my hand at it with a bigger piece.

• 3 months later...

Bump. It's been a long time coming. I've been creating a few things, and I have to get further into the habit of actually sharing some of said things.

Phase_4_2D_Instagram_Edit.thumb.jpg.e56c

Let's start with some Gorillaz. This is the profile picture I made much earlier, but I gave it a filter before I posted it on Instagram. I liked the whole "old film" vibe I got from it, so I saved it.

AfroFireConceptOne.thumb.png.e51541770bc

Next up is a forray into character design. Ever since I saw the Boondocks, I've been fascinated by the idea of an afro that flows like a fireball. I've seen it to a substantial extent with Afro Samurai, but not completely. As such, I've experimented in the endeavor with "Jimi" here. I'll get it right one day, but I have a start. I took a note from Spike Spiegel in terms of shading, as I felt that it really brought out the colour dynamics.

And because of size limitations, I guess I'll leave it at this for today. Thanks for the time everybody.

• 1 year later...

Wow. I haven't used this in a while. 

BUMP IN THE NIGHT

593b7a5b67d12_BlazePrototype1Clean.thumb.jpg.a676e8ede8a7db54794a89cd8ccb836a.jpg

Remember that unseen concept art of Sonic and crew that got released last year? Well, I ended up tracing one of Blaze's rougher sketches for curiosity's sake. It was relatively quick to do, so I wouldn't mind trying it again with the rest of them some time.

13876617_515016498707995_731100953354217

Another thing I did last year, which is more relevant now that Splatwon Spla2n  Splatoon 2 is coming out soon. 

I have a few things that I've been working on this year as well, but I'll save those for a later time. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 months later...

So I entered that 90s Kid Contest we had here a few days ago, and it was a lot of fun to just embrace my inner 8 year old. Of course, it would have been 2005 for me rather than the actual 90s, as I was born in '97. Am I a true 90s kid? Probably not. I don't know. Ah well.

2017-mania-contest-193-sterling-j-twit-768x1024.jpg

I was shooting for a manual, but I never thought I'd actually get one! There were a lot of great entries all around, and I can't thank TSS enough for hosting events like this. Win or no win, I'm still grinning from ear to ear.

Dreadknux, if you're reading this, Knuckles was supposed to be punching a badnik. I wanted to make Knuckles do something cool but everything kind of devolved as I kept going. 

Also... yes, my real name is Sterling. Zavok sounds a lot cooler though.

• Thumbs Up 3