Awoo.

Sega talks remakes..

Blue Streak

OK, going to run through a few remakes I want to see. A few of these got PS2 remakes or ports, but stiiiiilll. tongue.png

outrun-2006-coast-2-coast-20060515014418

OUTRUN 2

Yes, there WAS a SUMO remake for this on PSN, but it's been long gone because SEGA lost the Ferrari license. I can't see them getting it back, but if they did, goddamit I want this game.

-

Burning%20Rangers%20(E).png

BURNING RANGERS

Already mentioned but dammit I want this game remade.

-

54447-Sega_Ages_Power_Drift_(J)-4.jpg

POWER DRIFT

Hot damn, here's an old one! 

1988 SEGA racing game, made use of sprite scaling to make 'roller-coaster like' tracks. It was ported to the SEGA Saturn as part of the SEGA Ages series and to the Dreamcast in Yu Suzuki's GameWorks Vol. 1, but I'm not sure as to the rarity of the SEGA Ages version and the GameWorks Vol. 1 I'm rather sure is incredibly rare. 

Seriously, one look at this game in motion was all it took for me to be convinced - plus it has bonus levels based on After Burner and Super Hang-On! Awesome!

This doesn't even need to be remade so to speak, I'd settle for a port of the damn thing.

-

sh-2.png

Space Harri-hang on a minute this just got a 3DS remake, never mind

-

afterburner2_12b.png

After Burner

This game's also had a few remakes, and hell, once I get a 32X I know what I'm getting for it. And yes, I believe After Burner Climax is still on PSN. But dammit, I want a remake of this game, particularly After Burner II.

I think that'll cut it for now.

S3k_title.png

doitsega

Edited by Tracker
  • Thumbs Up 2

Besides sonic heroes? Probably a remake of shenmue or ristar would be nice.

500_CC___271__Alex_Kidd_by_Hyliaman.png

I'd like a new Alex Kidd game. I know most of his games weren't very good, but that doesn't mean they can't make them better with a remake.

Generations's physics were essentially Sonic 4's except with some momentum added and with an overpowered spamdash. I'd rather not have a remade Genesis Sonic game that played like that.

Ultimately, I just want to see Classic Sonic again. Sonic 4 to me demonstrates that any new classic-styled game will use the Modern model, so a remake of a classic title is the only way to go for this route.

I suppose I should clarify I threw out Generations as an example and don't really care what they do. Physics was never really a big thing with me... I just found Sonic 4 run of the mill rather than this abomination a lot of others find it to be. Nor do I even know the differences between Sonic 1-3 physics and Sonic 4 physics; I quite simply do not study it (understandably; the last time I beat a classic Sonic title, I was 5).

Fucking hell, how could I forget Afterburner?

Wait, isn't there already a new Afterburner on XBLA?

EDIT: Yeah, Afterburner Climax

Edited by Solkia

Fucking hell, how could I forget Afterburner?

Wait, isn't there already a new Afterburner on XBLA?

EDIT: Yeah, Afterburner Climax

Yeah, like I said. smile.png It's on PSN and iOS too. It seems awesome, but I do love me some AfterBurner II. Especially the music. <3 (though there's apparently DLC for the ABII music in ABClimax)

...I have the 20th Anniversary boxset on my laptop. Some top notch remixes and arrangements on there.

It also technically got another sequel in the form of Sky Target on Arcade and Saturn.

http://youtu.be/zxqP4s9SPHo

Edited by Tracker

Ristar, NiGHTS, Shenmue, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Gunstar Heroes, Burning Rangers.

There's no way they'll remake S3&K.

Edited by Floaty's Ghost

Ristar, NiGHTS, Shenmue, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Gunstar Heroes, Burning Rangers.

There's no way they'll remake S3&K.

...NiGHTS got a remake.

And there's a lesser chance they'll remake any of those games than S3&K... though we can dream. 

...NiGHTS got a remake.

And there's a lesser chance they'll remake any of those games than S3&K... though we can dream. 

IIRC Journey of Dreams is a sequel, not a remake. Neither is the 2012 PSN/XBLA port.

IIRC Journey of Dreams is a sequel, not a remake. Neither is the 2012 PSN/XBLA port.

...the PSN/XBLA port kind of is a remake. Upgraded graphics, additions from Christmas NiGHTS like the season events and Nightopian status menu, and the works.

It's as much a remake as we're gonna get anyway.

Also, Jet Set Radio Future.

Its got a massively cool sci-fi vibe going on and is actually much faster, fluid and more fun than the first, even though everyone seems to think the first was infinitely better. Oh and also, its soundtrack is far superior and is the one everyone remembers so well, even though no one wants to admit it. :v

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, Jet Set Radio Future.

Its got a massively cool sci-fi vibe going on and is actually much faster, fluid and more fun than the first, even though everyone seems to think the first was infinitely better. Oh and also, its soundtrack is far superior and is the one everyone remembers so well, even though no one wants to admit it. :v

It's best tracks are great, but the soundtrack is far from superior. tongue.png

also they bastardized the noise tanks' designs

Anyway... in terms of Classic Sonic...

Green_Hill_SMS.png

16 bit remake of this?

...nah, they wouldn't. Might as well just hack Sonic 1 myself.

Edited by Tracker
  • Thumbs Up 5

Shining Force.

Since we are highly speculating and dreaming here, I'd love to see Shining Force rise again. It is a remarkable series and, if it sticked to proper tactic-RPG style, it could beat Fire Emblem anytime. It's more accessible (people don't die if they are killed), its mechanics are more varied and it had the potential to have even more charismatic characters than Fire Emblem.

That, and with SEGA and Nintendo's recent lovey-dovey relationship, we could have... yes... FIRE EMBLEM X SHINING FORCE JUST IMAGINE THIS.

As for the remake itself, Shining Force III would be good. Because it, you know, has never been released in its entirety overseas.

Edited by Palas
  • Thumbs Up 8

BTW, Nights actualy DID have a remake, the PS2 port was one, due to the fact that they didnt have the ability to port the actual game, and thats what we have on steam

• Thumbs Up 1

BTW, Nights actualy DID have a remake, the PS2 port was one, due to the fact that they didnt have the ability to port the actual game, and thats what we have on steam

But the 'actual game' (I assume you mean the Saturn version) is included with the HD version. :I

But the 'actual game' (I assume you mean the Saturn version) is included with the HD version. :I

not exactly, they actualy had to recreate the original game for it as well, the entire story is a little complicated and I dont know all the details

• Thumbs Up 1

Shining Force.

Since we are highly speculating and dreaming here, I'd love to see Shining Force rise again. It is a remarkable series and, if it sticked to proper tactic-RPG style, it could beat Fire Emblem anytime. It's more accessible (people don't die if they are killed), its mechanics are more varied and it had the potential to have even more charismatic characters than Fire Emblem.

That, and with SEGA and Nintendo's recent lovey-dovey relationship, we could have... yes... FIRE EMBLEM X SHINING FORCE JUST IMAGINE THIS.

As for the remake itself, Shining Force III would be good. Because it, you know, has never been released in its entirety overseas.

You have changed my mind about Ristar entirely.

This please, Sega.

Actualy, what if Sega made a deal with Nintendo to do a series of remastered games from the genesis, both in 2-D spritework and 3-D models, only on Nintendo platforms. I am pretty sure they would be totaly up to it if nintendo was footing the bill in part

Let's make this clear: the physics should be absolutely top-notch!!!

And sure, S3&K is THE best game to remake!!! I'd love to see that! Generations graphics+ Classic physics and I'm sold!

Oh, looks like non MD2 games are also allowed. In this case, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.smile.png I'd love to have remakes of those games! Wouldn't mind Heroes as well.

Wait, just imagine Sonic advance series remade with HD graphics!!!

Edited by ArtFenix

Hello, this is Hogfather using Lucky's account whilst shes staying over.

Michael Jacksons's Moonwalker.

Or comix zone and when the artist draws in new enemies, its actually other players invading your game.