Awoo.

Sega talks remakes..

Blue Streak

DRMBM_title.png

Say you wouldn't want it. biggrin.png

Otherwise I agree on the idea of having a finished version of the first Sonic Adventure. I feel there's a gem of a game inside there.

Edited by E-122-Psi
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stop the presses!

Just posted on the SEGA Facebook and Twitter accounts:

1379625_10151991303711796_1635768025_n.j

...House of the Dead? Maybe a port of HoTD1 to PSN, to give us more up to date ports of all the games? (HoTD2 was on the Wii with HoTD 3, and HotD 3 and 4 were on PSN)

I CAN DREAM DAMMIT.

Edited by Tracker

I am still waiting for those Shenmue HD and Burning Rungers HD rumours to become true... :v

(although Burning Rangers was not a rumour, it was a possibility in case NiGHTS sold well I think, but anyway, I reaaaally want to play this one)

Edited by Ristar

Yeah, looking at Palas post, I'd agree Shining Force should return. And I don't even like most RPGs. Either that or Skies of Arcadia, I'm good.

Runner-ups should be Burning Rangers comeback, JSRF HD port, Ristar or Comix Zone with hand-drawn visuals. OH OH OH OH OH OH OH OH OH, and Billy Hatcher HD PLEASE.

The real thing we should learn from all of this is that Sega has a lot of amazing IPs that have gone absent for far too long and need to return.

Edited by Azookara

DRMBM_title.png

Say you wouldn't want it. biggrin.png

Stop the presses!

...House of the Dead? Maybe a port of HoTD1 to PSN, to give us more up to date ports of all the games? (HoTD2 was on the Wii with HoTD 3, and HotD 3 and 4 were on PSN)

I CAN DREAM DAMMIT.

Does SEGA have any other horror-styled games aside from HotD?

Edited by Indighost Rush

Sega's made numerous attempts to bring back Streets of Rage, but so far, all we've gotten from them was a Java phone game.

I really would love to Sega finally make another proper Streets of Rage game, whether it be side scrolling or 3D.

I'm want Sonic 1-K to get the Sonic CD treatment on consoles. And Chaotix, too. And Adventure to get a port of the quality of Adventure 2 HD and other more recent SEGA HD ports.

As for non Sonic games, I want a Jet Set Radio Future HD. Maybe Panzer Dragoon Orta HD, so I can get past the damn third level and the shitty 360 emulation. And maybe Ristar in 16:9...

...I dunno, I don't think I really need any full blown remakes, I'd be happy with some decent HD ports..

Comix Zone with a god damn level select option. I love the concept of that game, but holy hell is it hard.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate

SEGA reads this forum right? Okay then, here we go.

S3K in 3D. Full re-imagining of the whole story in the style of Tomb raider Anniversary or of course Sonic Generations. Sonic/Tails/Knuckles playable. Tails not in a mech. Knuckles not looking for 3 pieces of master emerald. All chars would be platforming.

Original movesets preserved (fly/glide/climb/ character-exclusive parts of stages). Get rid of the planetoid stuff (not hating on SLW, it's just that it doesn't fit S3K at all).

Turn each of the game's 14 stages into its own world with 4/5 acts each. 4x14 gives you a 56-stage epic that isn't over in one sitting. This would of course be a very long game, but a 3 year development cycle would see it finished, and in time for a 2016 release (Sonic's 25th).

Remixed and original soundtrack options. Multiple endings. Chaos and Super emeralds. Special Stages. Bonus Stages. The whole shebang - a massive game with lots to do - just like the original S3K.

It's so marketable too - It was groundbreaking in 1994 and often considered the best. You could even SAY "Soundtrack composed by Michael Jackson"....legality permitting, of course :P 

Now that I've got my obvious fanboyism for S3K out of the way, SEGA games I'd like to see are:

Streets of Rage as a Devil May Cry/ Bayonetta style actioner w/ co-op. Set in 1992 so you can justify the clothing style/music.

Obligatory Shenmue III.

Columns HD w/ remixed soundtrack, on console and PC and mobile

Stealth/Tax to do Sonic 5 (....lol...:P)

World of Illusion (I know the studio that just did castle have closed, but my god that would be good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dynamite Heady would be AMAZING in modern graphics! 

I'd happily settle for a Skies of Arcadia remake though.

• Thumbs Up 6

Well again I would be totaly for Comix Zone, but another thing I think would be great is if they did a number of the Game gear games with full 3-D models and levels(still a side scroller through), of perhaps Sonic Triple trouble, and Tails adventure (of course I would just like Nack back in general) Oh and Knuckles' Chaotix of course

And Vectorman

• Thumbs Up 1

Out of all the Sonic games being remade, I think there's a good chance of the Advance trilogy getting some sort of anniversary collection remake with remastered music on 3DS and IOS. 

Aside from that, I would obviously love to see Sonic 3 & K get remade by Taxman, or a 3D remake would probably be one of my favorite Sonic games. 

Out of all the Sonic games being remade, I think there's a good chance of the Advance trilogy getting some sort of anniversary collection remake with remastered music on 3DS and IOS. 

Aside from that, I would obviously love to see Sonic 3 & K get remade by Taxman, or a 3D remake would probably be one of my favorite Sonic games. 

The closest milestone anniversary is in 3 years, though :U

Though, I'd love to have at least the first one ported to the 3DS.

• Thumbs Up 1

But the 'actual game' (I assume you mean the Saturn version) is included with the HD version. :I

Nah, it's just the remake playing in 4:3 with Saturn graphics pasted over everything. Still plays badly compared to the Saturn version.

Nah, it's just the remake playing in 4:3 with Saturn graphics pasted over everything. Still plays badly compared to the Saturn version.

Ah, didn't know that! Cheers!

Hm? How come it plays badly? I reckon it's fine... if it's about the limited controls at first, they patched them.

The patch brought the controls to the same level as the PS2 version but with a couple other enhancements. I'm on my Wii U Gamepad right now but I'll link to a page detailing the differences between the Saturn and PS2 versions when I get my laptop cord later.

Sega might talk about remakes but most of them won't be released outside of Japan (see Fantasy Zone IIDX, most of the later Sega Ages line up in Japan). Grrr...

Very silm chance but Sega to have a chance to remake Panzer Dragoon Saga since 1) it is very expensive to buy (about $200/£180+) 2) one of the few really good Saturn games with lots of content since it has 4 discs however the source code to that and many other Sega games of that time are lost due to hard drive failures so it would have to be completely remade. That game apart from Shenmue 3, Jet Set Radio Future and the Yakuza localisations are some of the most requested that have seen online for a release.

Others that would interest me are Burning Rangers, Daytona USA 2, Scud Race, Le Mans, Panzer Dragoon Zwei, Jet Set Radio Future, GunValkyrie (the two Sega Xbox games that I can't find), Planet Harriers, Virtua Cop 1, 2 and the never been ported 3, Skies of Arcadia, Sega Strike Fighter, Western releases of the Dynamite Deka, Fantasy Zone IIDX and Virtua Striker remakes and almost impossible due to rights Star Wars Trilogy Arcade. There are some others but that requires going deeper to their arcade roots. Realistically the only one that has some chance is Skies of Arcadia due to that it was rumoured months ago.

Can't really think of any Sonic games to be remade to be honest.

Stop the presses!

I CAN DREAM DAMMIT.

If it isn't House of the Dead (probably port to phones), then it is an emulation of Decap Attack or a port of Zombie Revenge. Don't think Sega has much halloween/scary games for disposing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hot damn, I forgot about the Model 3 games.

SCUD Race and Daytona USA 2. PSN/XBLA/eShop.

SEGA. Get to it.

EDIT: Ah, someone just raised a good point about that teaser - 

Blank spaces. What do you do to fill them? Add letters.

Type letters.

Typing of the Dead.

...OK yeah that's perhaps farfetched but still. tongue.png

Edited by Tracker

I commented "Sonic 3 And Knuckles and please SEGA please put Sonic 3 And Knuckles on IOS just port it right like you did with Sonic 1 and Sonic CD"

I kinda want remakes/rereleases of stuff I haven't played before (on Wii-U because I don't have the time or spare cash for other consoles). Skies of Arcadia really interests me, and I was always bummed out I waited so long (twice--Dreamcast and Gamecube) to track it down (and I refuse to spend more money than I need to on used when I know none of it is going back to the developers). I'd also like to see what Burning Rangers was all about. And the original NiGHTS too. I only played the sequel, and currently don't have the PC specs or other consoles for the upscaled version that was released a while back. Maybe, you know, actually rebuild it from the ground up. Ya feel me?

Other than that, I'll echo requests for a remake of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but in full 3-D, probably on the Lost World engine but not in the vague "Mario Galaxy" style of Lost World's levels. No, I want actual Sonic level design that feels like a Sonic game. It's doable, SEGA. Plus, hey, you get to show what a badass Knuckles used to be. I'm psyched for Lost World because it looks like SEGA is returning more control of Sonic to the player, instead of making him control a bit like a car--I loved drifting and quick-stepping and all, but it was more fun when you could control Sonic's direction and choose where you wanted to go, something that Lost World looks to be doing. I think it'd be great to see a classic game reimagined in a modern way like that instead of prettier graphics/tweaked physics/slicker presentation when I'm perfectly content just booting up my copy of Mega Collection when the mood strikes me (or dusting off my Genesis when I feel like I have more time to waste).

I dunno, just some random thoughts. If SEGA plans on continuing to ride the nostalgia train, I may as well dream a bit about stuff I never really got to play before. But that's me.

Edited by Zaysho