Awoo.

Sega talks remakes..

Blue Streak

Another point raised about the teaser - many are assuming it's 'Guts will be spilled' but what if it's 'Guts will be SPELLED' as in Typing of the Dead?

...no, even I doubt this but it'd be hilarious to see.

How did I forget?

Remake Sonic the Fighters, SEGA, or at least have Sumo Digital create a spiritual successor to it. Sonic must get lonely being the only SEGA character in Smash Bros.!

Stop the presses!

Just posted on the SEGA Facebook and Twitter accounts:

...House of the Dead? Maybe a port of HoTD1 to PSN, to give us more up to date ports of all the games? (HoTD2 was on the Wii with HoTD 3, and HotD 3 and 4 were on PSN)

Well that's an interesting date to choose, given Lost World releasing that day for North America. :P I don't think they thought this one through entirely.

As said though, presumably it'll be from one of the three horror lineups they've got; they don't have much variety on that front. Or who knows, maybe it will be a new IP entirely.

I still don't know what plays so badly in comparison.. it plays just about the same, and I own the Saturn version.

Here's a link detailing all the differences. I'd guess this stuff is more important to speedrunners than anyone else, though.

Edited by XD375

Streets of Rage is SOOOOOO up there it's not even funny.

Personally...Ristar and Burning Rangers. 

All the great things that could be done to remake these games

the visuals

the music

sjkajlsjkdlaskjdsja

Yeah.

Oh, and Skies of Arcadia pls. And Jet Set Radio Future.

Edited by TheSpookyBlue
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been mentioned before, but goddammit SEGA, Burning Rangers needs some love. It's a fantastic title that sadly very little people have experienced. 

Plus the possibility of a remixed soundtrack makes me feel all tingly inside.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm. This isn't a Sonic-centric thread so much as a Sega-centric one, and it's taken on a life of its own so I'm moving this to Computer Games.

Edit: I also want to remind people not to let this devolve into a list thread; not that it has, but I've seen a few posts that could be a bit more fleshed out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't seen any new Billy Hatcher game. Have you?

I'll admit, even though I'm more sympathetic towards Billy Hatcher and wouldn't mind a new BH game, that was a good burn tho.

• Thumbs Up 3

No love for...

Super%20Fantasy%20Zone%20(SS).gif

...the return of Opa-Opa? Come on SEGA, he's been popping up in your games for yeeeeeears. You know you love him.

Failing that; Ristar, Toejam and Earl (yeah ok, so this is even more unlikely than my previous two suggestions), Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5, Burning Rangers, anything and everything else....

Just... don't fuck it up. Please.

• Thumbs Up 2

Re-release an HD version of Skies of Arcadia, that game is incredibly hard to find and I've been wanting to play it for a long time. And there's not a single Sonic game that needs one, really.

• Thumbs Up 1

As much as i want HD versions of Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue and Billy Hatcher, there's one SEGA franchise not mentioned yet that need definetly more love:

Sakura Wars.

Please, SEGA, redeem your lack of intuition you had back in the Saturn era and give to the west what it deserved for all those years.

-i know there's a fan translation incoming, but an HD version could be even better-

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm suprised, I haven't seen anyone say Sonic '06. Good job guys.

I'd say Streets of Rage because a new one was in development not long ago but was canned.

Honestly, I dont entirely get why Sega has been really dumb for the last decade, they have DOZENS of great, highly marketable, and exciting francises they could easily revive and do new entires in, and yet they only focus on a handful of francises, yet are smart enough to acquire some new francises. But yet they could do so more, if they revived just a half dozen of these entries it could help them a lot

I'm suprised, I haven't seen anyone say Sonic '06. Good job guys.

I'd say Streets of Rage because a new one was in development not long ago but was canned.

Someone did

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

I'm suprised, I haven't seen anyone say Sonic '06.

What? I have no idea what you're talking about. ph34r.png

Why are you guys talking about a Sonic game called Sonic 06? There's no such thing.

I do remember a terrible Sonic game called Sonic the Hedgehog released in 2006 though.

Re-release an HD version of Skies of Arcadia, that game is incredibly hard to find and I've been wanting to play it for a long time. And there's not a single Sonic game that needs one, really.

This plz.

Even though I just got the game recently through Ebay, it would definitely be my pick for a remade Sega classic. It's so fun and still really feels like it's well but together for this generation, so new bells and whistles would make it perfect, or heck even a sequel of sorts please.

Personally I'd be okay with a new Billy Hatcher game. It was the first game in a new IP with some fun ideas, with some retooling it could work. I know it's not exactly a 'remake' but I do recall SEGA also saying they're open to reboots too. Its a franchise that I'd like to see get some use anyway.

Other than that I mean Jet Set Radio would be a good one too, a pal of mine did some concept art once upon a time for a new one I believe. But I think it was a pitch that never went anywhere? This was the artwork he did though. It'd be cool to see a new Jet Set game, or even a re-release of JSRF for sure. I mean if I wanna play it I can just pop in the Xbox edition of it but getting an HD treatment would be cool.

Ristar is another non-Sonic property I'd love to see return in some form as well. I think it'd be cool to see happen! As for Sonic properties I'd love to see Sonic 3 and Knuckles get a proper HD upgrade, it is by far my fave in the series and if there was only one title (well I guess its technically two) I'd love to see done up it'd be that one.

Personally I'd be okay with a new Billy Hatcher game. It was the first game in a new IP with some fun ideas, with some retooling it could work. I know it's not exactly a 'remake' but I do recall SEGA also saying they're open to reboots too. Its a franchise that I'd like to see get some use anyway.

Other than that I mean Jet Set Radio would be a good one too, a pal of mine did some concept art once upon a time for a new one I believe. But I think it was a pitch that never went anywhere? This was the artwork he did though. It'd be cool to see a new Jet Set game, or even a re-release of JSRF for sure. I mean if I wanna play it I can just pop in the Xbox edition of it but getting an HD treatment would be cool.

Ristar is another non-Sonic property I'd love to see return in some form as well. I think it'd be cool to see happen! As for Sonic properties I'd love to see Sonic 3 and Knuckles get a proper HD upgrade, it is by far my fave in the series and if there was only one title (well I guess its technically two) I'd love to see done up it'd be that one.

admittedly, a new Jet Set Radio game, exclusively on Wii-u would be awesome! I could imagine a number of cool uses for the gamepad, including maps, custom grafitti, and special graffiti moves