Awoo.

Sega talks remakes..

Blue Streak

Sega's more open to remakes? I thought that after 2012's remasters of SA2, Nights Into Dreams, and Jet Set Radio they were done with remasters (outside of the rumored Shemue and Skies of Arcadia HD remasters). If they were to make more remasters, i would love for them to take some Satern tittles and give them a face-lift for the next-gen systems, notibly Pasnern Dragoon and Buring Rangers; All Stars Racing Tranformed hinted at how cool they would look in HD, so I really would love to play these games.

As for others.....a Billy Hatcher re-boot would be great; tons of possiblites with the egg-hatching machanics could be expanded upon with multiple ways of hatching them to create new things or have them transform into vechles to navage levels (flight eggs to fly around Spyro-style, underwater eggs to navage underwater, car eggs to get around faster, ect.). Even then, they could expand there animal budy machanics too; turn it into a Pokemon-style thing with currten animals are stronger/weaker to specific enimes and have them unlock secret paths (fire one to burn down some wood to find a secret egg for example).

I would love a Sonic 3 & Knuckles remake though, tons of possiblities with that in the Lost World Engine; parkor mixed with Unleshed-level speeds and the originals open level design along with Tails and Knuckles playable with a orcrestrated sound-track of all the games levels remade (orcrestrated Ice Cap...dam man blink.png) would make it the ultiment 25th aniversy game :).

remake Shadow the Hedgehog because I loved the original but I know they can do a whole lot more now that 4Kids left.

Remake =/= remaster. Sa2 was just ported with a few slightly updated textures. Same with Taxman's widescreen ports even though it was a new engine. It was still more of a remaster than a remake.

Remakes should have modern graphics and everything new but based on the original games like pokemon Soul Silver/Heart Gold - those were actually remakes.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 3

Going to have to side with ArtFenix; it has always annoyed me how SEGA doesn't really do genuine remakes. Where's the massive graphics updates, remastered soundtracks, etc.? That's a remake. Adding some extra polish is not.

Pessimism aside, I do hope that they mean they'd make a genuine remake of whatever they'd choose. I think if SEGA really wants to build up its non-Sonic brand, a proper remake would be the best way to do it. I'm talking a game that looks beautiful and has a good deal of hype poured into it that leads to lots of sales from new buyers and not just the cult following the game had beforehand.

Marketing will be key, of course. Look at Klonoa Wii: wonderful game and a great remake overall, but a colossal flop in terms of sales. I would definitely suggest SEGA approach any reboot of a franchise carefully. Long-term implications must be considered; they want a game that does very well so they can make regular sequels and not have to lean on Sonic like a crutch like they do now.

What exactly did 4Kids restrict Sega from doing when Shadow the Hedgehog was being made? What, it was absolutely nothing.

Sonic Remakes would be nice but I don't think we need it.

We need a Jet Set Radio Future remake

I'd LOVE that!

It'd be perfect for the Wii U with all the graffiti and stuff.

Edited by jordine

We need a Jet Set Radio Future remake

Nope, that game is perfect as it is.  It just needs to be bumped up to HD... and given a Steam release because COME ON, SEGA, SERIOUSLY.

Edited by Spooky Akita

Jet Set Radio Future and Skies of Arcadia are both games i seriously want to play but know I'll never fucking get to because of how fucking long it takes Sega to rerelease good games so go ahead and remake those.

1385707_10151993910756796_643593420_n.jp

The teasing continues. People are now pointing to Flick of the Dead, an iOS House of the Dead game (I think based on HotD 2).

Edited by Tracker

The world needs some Ristar lovin' to do, its a great game and it deserves a remake. Its one of the best games I've ever played even if I didn't finish it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Contract Game Freak, and remake Pulseman. It would be nice to see one of the games that led to some of the designs of Nintendo's second flagship franchise be brought into the modern day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Streets of Rage would be pretty awesome. :B

I'd also say Ecco but there was the Defender of the Future game a while ago... wasn't quite the same, though.  :(

AW SHIT SON WHAT A FUCKIN WHORE GODDAMN BITCH ASS ZOMBIES LOOK AT ME I'M SO HARDCORE AND SHIT of the Dead is now on Steam witth Typing of the Dead controls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Laaaaaaame. Where's my Streets of Rage 1&2 remake with lush HD graphics, smooth controls and awesome remixed/remastered soundtrack!

Actually, I bet you it wouldn't even be a proper remake. SEGA didn't do it with SA1, SA2 and others. Why do it now?

Sega is too busy C&Ding fan remakes of SoR to remake it themselves.

And I would consider the Taxman rereleases of the classic titles to be close enough to a remake (if for no other reason than because on a technical level, they were remakes) to count as such.

It's not like they didn't try a remake anyways. There was footage of the canned one a couple months ago. I doubt they're going to start up another project any time soon.