Awoo.

TSS Solves a 10 year old mystery, Knuckles was a dinosaur, Iizuka wants a Sonic-Land and wishes to rule over it!

Badnik Mechanic

I wish they still had themed parties like this in other parts of the world. I see what Sonic Boom 2011 had and the others just do not stack up. It's rather amusing how trivial stuff has become exclusive merchandise, though.

A "Sonic Land," eh?

I think that idea of a partnership with Disney just got a LOT more likely.

Iizuka also said that one day he hopes to create a Sonic-Land similar to Disney World in which he would be president.

Uh, this sounds a bit too familia-

Gates_of_Eggmanland.png

Mother of God... Somebody stop this madman before it's too late!!!

• Thumbs Up 4

Dare I bring up the fact Knuckles had a pet Dinosaur in Sonic Underground?

• Thumbs Up 2

Iizuka mentioned that he intends to keep working on Sonic until he's 50 (not sure if this is Iizuka's age or Sonic's), and Iizuka also said that one day he hopes to create a Sonic-Land similar to Disney World in which he would be president.

Until he is 50? YEA!!!

--------------------------------------------------

Sonic-land? It is hard to figure out how it would go as planned or if it would at least happen.

Until he is 50? YEA!!!

He was born in 1970, he will be 50 in 2020. This is a little more than 6 years from now. I wonder who will replace him after that (if Sonic or even gaming as we know it still exists by then).

EDIT: Wait a sec... That may be around the time of the beginning of the next console generation (if there is one :o). Didn't the previous head of Sonic Team, Yuji Naka, leave in the middle of the development of previous next-gen Sonic game which we refer to as Sonic '06?

oh no.

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

He was born in 1970, he will be 50 in 2020. This is a little more than 6 years from now. I wonder who will replace him after that (if Sonic or even gaming as we know it still exists by then).

Ooh... Now I am thinking about the future now...

If Sonic Adventure 3 requests made him cringe back in 2001, I'd hate to know how he really feels about making a third Sonic Adventure game twelve years later, especially considering those numerous Sonic Adventure 3 requests at Sonic Boom earlier this year.

He'd probably feel like Miyamoto.

imagesqtbnANd9GcSKK1PCWF2k00_qi_6Xi.jpg

"I tink Sonniku get stale afta Sonniku Ze Hegehog 2006 which was based of Aventura series, so i make Unleashu.

You hate Unleashu, tink day gamepway is too dificult and automated, so i forrow compwaints and make Corwas.

Ooooo but now you hate CORWAS, YOU ROVA UNLEASHU AND MISS AVENTURA NOW.

WELL YOU DONTU KNOW WHATTU YOU RIKE!

SO FOR TWENTIETH ANNIVERSUZU I MAKE MORPHU WITH AVENTURA AND UNLEASHU GAMEPWAY AND CARRED GENARATIONSZU. YOU COMPWAIN ABOUT GENARATIONSZU, TINK GAMEPWAY IS STALE AND NOSTAWGA IS OVERDONE, SO I FORROW COMPWAINTS AND MAKE LOSTZU WORLD

AND YOU HATE LOSTZU WORLD TOO. YOU ROVA CORWAS AND GENARATIONSZU AND WANT AVENTURA THREE NOW MORE THAN EVA.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU WANT!!!!!!?

DATS WHY I MAKE MARRO AND SONIKKU SPINOFFS AT REAST KIDS AND MOMS WIRR ARWAYS RIKE IT!"

Um, am I the only one who finds this obnoxious and perhaps even rather offensive?

BTW, Iizuka wasn't responsible for Unleashed or '06.

• Thumbs Up 7

If Sonic Adventure 3 requests made him cringe back in 2001, I'd hate to know how he really feels about making a third Sonic Adventure game twelve years later, especially considering those numerous Sonic Adventure 3 requests at Sonic Boom earlier this year.

He'd probably feel like Miyamoto.

imagesqtbnANd9GcSKK1PCWF2k00_qi_6Xi.jpg

-Racist Garbage-

Wow, wooow what the fuck, was that even necessary? Casually taking the piss out of the Japanese accent right now?

No. Stop.

dammit Verte, side swiped and ninja'd!

Edited by Super SpOoOokio
  • Thumbs Up 2

"I tink Sonniku get stale afta Sonniku Ze Hegehog 2006 which was based of Aventura series, so i make Unleashu.

You hate Unleashu, tink day gamepway is too dificult and automated, so i forrow compwaints and make Corwas.

Ooooo but now you hate CORWAS, YOU ROVA UNLEASHU AND MISS AVENTURA NOW.

WELL YOU DONTU KNOW WHATTU YOU RIKE!

SO FOR TWENTIETH ANNIVERSUZU I MAKE MORPHU WITH AVENTURA AND UNLEASHU GAMEPWAY AND CARRED GENARATIONSZU. YOU COMPWAIN ABOUT GENARATIONSZU, TINK GAMEPWAY IS STALE AND NOSTAWGA IS OVERDONE, SO I FORROW COMPWAINTS AND MAKE LOSTZU WORLD

AND YOU HATE LOSTZU WORLD TOO. YOU ROVA CORWAS AND GENARATIONSZU AND WANT AVENTURA THREE NOW MORE THAN EVA.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU WANT!!!!!!?

DATS WHY I MAKE MARRO AND SONIKKU SPINOFFS AT REAST KIDS AND MOMS WIRR ARWAYS RIKE IT!"

Hot damn, that was racist.

Uh, on topic, though... I'm less surprised about dinosaur Knuckles than most. Dinosaurs were huge in the 90s, so it makes sense that Sega would capitalize on that trend. And really, what could be more stereotypically 90s than Sonic the Hedgehog hanging out with a talking dinosaur (in a game with Michael Jackson music, no less)? I defy you to come up with something more definitive of the decade.

Edited by Count Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 1

Um, am I do only one who finds this obnoxious and perhaps even rather offensive?

BTW, Iizuka wasn't responsible for Unleashed or '06.

Wow, wooow what the fuck, was that even necessary? Casually taking the piss out of the Japanese accent right now?

No. Stop.

dammit Verte, side swiped and ninja'd!

Hot damn, that was racist.

It's a parody of below (hence the link in Miyamoto's name). No racism was intended, but nonetheless I do apologize for the lack of context that makes the post seem otherwise.

Edited by Glad Tidings Gabriel
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's a parody of this screencapped 4chan post below (hence the link in Miyamoto's name). No racism was intended, but nonetheless I do apologize for the lack of context that makes the post seem otherwise.

The 4chan post was also pretty damn racist, and yeah, I understand that 4chan is just that kind of community, but I don't think that objectively excuses it. I know it seems like I'm harping on this, but I think that not calling this out is almost like me validating it or saying it's okay. Even with context, it boils down to a tired old, "Asian people talk funny" joke. I understand and even do believe you when you say that your intentions weren't malicious, but try to understand why this kind of thing seriously offends and hurts people. I'm not trying to be this PC social justice stick-in-the-mud here, and I'm not even calling you personally racist, as I don't feel you are. I'm just voicing my discomfort with reducing a race of real people to a punchline, regardless of intent.

Edited by Count Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I the only one who recognizes that he was parodying a meme with Miyamoto?

> Implying that it being a meme excuses it's obnoxiousness and potential offensiveness.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Yeah, I echo the same sentiment as Mechano there. I don't feel you're being purposefully dickish but bear in mind it can come-off as being offensive and obnoxious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes let's please not have racist jokes here. Anything can be passed off as "I was only joking" but that doesn't make them funny, and they come off as rather tasteless.

Anyhow, it seems the situation has already been dealt with so time to get back on topic.

It's strange to think about Tails being a raccoon and Knuckles being a dinosaur of all things.  What kind of dinosaur would he have been, I wonder?

Awesome find, guys!

Flying raccoon Tails just makes me think of Mario.  (Actually, looking up Raccoon Mario I've stumbled across a suggestion that the reason he can fly is because his tail was conceived of as propeller-like.)  ...Maybe that's why the idea didn't get off the ground.  Pun not intended.  Knuckles as a dinosaur, for that matter, makes me think "Lost World," even though the actual Lost World game doesn't have dinosaurs but weird monster demon creatures - but that was probably the logic behind the dinosaur thinking, that Knuckles is a member of an ancient lost civilisation.  Still, I always found it refreshing that the Sonic characters are middling-scale animals rather than anything too badass.

You know, I'm sure I heard somewhere that Tails originally did have only one tail, and the double effect was just their way of showing it spinning. Also, flying raccoon sounds like tanooki (completely different animal), which is a power-up Mario had so I can see why they changed it.

Edit:

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_raccoon_dog for those curious)

Edited by -Paradox-

Isn't there something in Japanese mythology about Racoons being able to fly?

Imagine what the series would have been like if they kept in their massive magical ballsacks :P

pINe2.gif

Isn't there something in Japanese mythology about Racoons being able to fly?

Imagine what the series would have been like if they kept in their massive magical ballsacks tongue.png

pINe2.gif

You're thinking of the raccoon-dog aka tanuki which isn't a type of raccoon, foreigners just seem to think they're raccoons because of their depiction in media and false translations. But no, they're related to dogs, foxes and jackals.

And yes, they do have giant ballsacks that can stretch and transform because raccoon-dogs have giant nuts to which they thought was good luck.