Awoo.

Sonic Rush 3

Queen Bee

You know the physics problems people complain about in Sonic 4?  They're present in Rush too. The only difference is that 99% of the time you're boosting, so you never notice.

Also I kind of have a vendetta against the Rush games, so sorry if I come across as insulting :v

Right, so they're completely negligible. It's like complaining about Mario not having rolling physics - the physics engine works in the context of the game's design, and it shouldn't really be compared to anything else in that regard seeing as how its style is still fairly unique.

The only thing I didn't like about Rush's design was the enemy rooms and bosses - the actual gameplay was fast and engaging. Blasting through levels while trying to use tricks skillfully and keep your boost meter from depleting was great fun.

also it isn't Rush if the music isn't composed by Hideki Naganuma

Colors Wii is the closest we have gotten to a Rush game on a console. I mean there are barely any 3d non-scripted/non-rails/non-sidestep sections in the game.

Colours Wii couldn't be less like Rush.  The game completely slows down for the 2D sections and is full of vertical platforming and tiny platform jumps.  There's no constant encouragement to keep moving forward in that game (not a bad thing necessarily, but not a Rush thing).

So, uh. I'll not be cynical here and actually welcome the idea of Sonic Rush 3 for 3DS. 

Because I like Sonic Rush Adventure.

And I'd like to play another one, despite the physics problems. Basically, what Unleashed daytime was, but with more emphasis on 2D and the trick system. And of course, another opportunity to play as the ever lovely Princess/Queen/Whocares Blaze.

Edited by Indighost Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

I actually kind of liked rushes bosses, sure they were very wait and hittish and you basically face against the first boss twice in the game but they were still pretty fun.

Get another franchise, then. Sonic's silly friends have been around since '92, and they're not going anywhere.

and don't you dare speak another word against blaze 

Edited by Indighost Rush

I don't see what's wrong with having Sonic's friends in. They expand the gameplay and (if done right) make the game more enjoyable. If you've ever played Sonic 3 and Knuckles, then you know what I mean.

The friends were silly in Sonic 3 because they made Sonic the weakest character. Sonic should be the best. I love Sonic and he's so cool!

However, I wouldn't mind so much if they are COMPLETELY optional. I roared at Blaze in Sonic Rush due to her complusonariness.

Edited by Queen Bee

The friends were silly in Sonic 3 because they made Sonic the weakest character. 

>"weakest character"

>Is the only character that can use the elemental shields.

But uh, yeah, ignoring that we have Colors DS and Generations 3DS, I'd like to see another Rush-style game.

The friends were silly in Sonic 3 because they made Sonic the weakest character. Sonic should be the best. I love Sonic and he's so cool!

However, I wouldn't mind so much if they are COMPLETELY optional. I roared at Blaze in Sonic Rush due to her complusonariness.

They were optional in S3&K....

And just because Tails and Knuckles had their own special abilities, doesn't mean he's the weakest. The Elemental Shield's powers gave him the edge in many situations and he has 2 powerful superforms.

Edited by Straw Hat

The elemental shields pale in comparison to flight and gliding! Never again shall Sonic be stripped!

A momentary glide that allows you to cling to select surfaces pales in comparison to immunity to certain attacks and being able to attack faster?

Besides that, flying is really more of a burden than anything.  You'll tire yourself out so fast that you might as well just run the whole stage anyway.  The only time it was ever useful was for looking for special stage rings.

Knuckles is the most broken character due to his abilities and it's why his bosses are harder. It's simply a fact. As for Tails, he can fly for ages and pretty much destroy whole levels. Sonic's paltry shields are nothing compared to that!

Knuckles is the most broken character due to his abilities and it's why his bosses are harder. It's simply a fact. As for Tails, he can fly for ages and pretty much destroy whole levels. Sonic's paltry shields are nothing compared to that!

Knuckles' gliding abilities only allows him to climb and glide, two abilities which are almost never beneficial and are much slower means of progression.  Tails' flight can only go through a handful of stages as the rest all have low ceilings.  In addition, he takes damage if he flies into enemies.

Edited by Spooky Akita

Knuckles is arguably the best character since he can glide and skip tons of the level. Such examples are Mushroom Hill. Tails can hurt enemies if he flies upwards into them, and most ceilings are fine for Tails' flight. Sonic definitely got the shaft.

Knuckles is arguably the best character since he can glide and skip tons of the level. Such examples are Mushroom Hill. Tails can hurt enemies if he flies upwards into them, and most ceilings are fine for Tails' flight. Sonic definitely got the shaft.

Knuckles descends as he glides.  He can't skip anything.

If Knuckles glides from high up, he can skip loads due to slow descent. I have skipped Mushroom Hill many a time with the red critter!