Awoo.

what is the general perception of the deadly six?

nintega137

One of the first mods of lost world on PC, is to remove them from of the fucking game. I will let you draw conclusions.

I think a lot of peoples disdain for the guys are more then their unmemorable designs. They feel like as someone mentioned above an attempt to bring mario and kirby designs into sonic... and it just not working. While some of these mods are unfinished ( modders loosing interest in the game in its entierty ) I feel like the first mods for that game spoke volumes about peoples problems with that game. They fixed the physics, they removed the deadly 6 and then started modding other characters in. Like the deadly 6 are characters who represent sega going too far in the other direction that the designs have just become... bland and nothing. That whole game to be honest, just bland nothing just trying to hard to be a bad nintendo game instead of a good sonic game. And so are deadly 6 to and lot of people I feel, bad nintendo characters instead of interesting a good sonic characters. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

One of the first mods of lost world on PC, is to remove them from of the fucking game. I will let you draw conclusions.

I think a lot of peoples disdain for the guys are more then their unmemorable designs. They feel like as someone mentioned above an attempt to bring mario and kirby designs into sonic... and it just not working. While some of these mods are unfinished ( modders loosing interest in the game in its entierty ) I feel like the first mods for that game spoke volumes about peoples problems with that game. They fixed the physics, they removed the deadly 6 and then started modding other characters in. Like the deadly 6 are characters who represent sega going too far in the other direction that the designs have just become... bland and nothing. That whole game to be honest, just bland nothing just trying to hard to be a bad nintendo game instead of a good sonic game. And so are deadly 6 to and lot of people I feel, bad nintendo characters instead of interesting a good sonic characters. 

Agreed. And they're one big reason for the TSS movement being a thing. I personally didn't hate them until I sat back and looked at how they were like. And yes, the critics agree in this case (those who noticed them, anyway), unlike prior friends. 

• 2 weeks later...

i like their designs a lot.. they remind me a bit more of Unleashed human's bodyshapes since they are so different from the basic Sonic-Ueakawa ish style and that's its certainly something refreshing!

i personaly find the Zetis a very interesting adition to Sonic Games.... there is still a lot to know about them.. the main thing i would like it to be explained someday, its what's their main purpose as a group.. they are the Deadly six, Devil-ish criatures that live in the Lost Hex that we don't know what were they doing before Eggman arrived to mess with them.. apparently they didn't really were causing terror and destroying they own world because it was Eggman the one that made changes to the Lost Hex and obligated them to get the little animals for him.... so... the only thing we know is that if you mess with them they'll come after you for revenge :D

hehe so yeah i like them a lot.. i'm glad there is other villains besides of Eggman in Sonic games and i hope people can give them a chance! :)

• Thumbs Up 3

I do dig their designs and I do like the concept behind them (6 deadly sins) and how you can tell their personality just by looking at them. But the whole sterotype play can only go so long before it gets boring.

Also, I would like to know more about them. Like where did they come from? Their back story.

• Thumbs Up 1

Probably could have been decent recurring mid-tier villains if they had more to their characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually kinda like the Deadly Six. I think their designs are neat and while their personalities are pretty one-note I could see them being expanded on pretty well.

• Thumbs Up 1

They're incredibly boring, annoying, basic, shitty archetypes. They're just more proof that Pontac and Graff need to stay far away from the games. 

• Thumbs Up 2

...except Pontac and Graff didn't create the Deadly Six, they just wrote for the characters as directed by Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

...except Pontac and Graff didn't create the Deadly Six, they just wrote for the characters as directed by Sonic Team.

I know that. I'm referring to them being very poorly written.

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally found them interesting in concept, yet anti climatic in execution. They had potential to be a sinister set of foes, but felt more like Koopaling knock offs with one dimensional personality stereotypes. Not to mention, how most of them didn't seem very strong or deadly, like their names implied. Only Zazz, and Zavok were memorable. I did not like the others, especially Zor and Zeena, they were the most useless ones. Despite being slow and idiotic ,at least Zomom was somewhat deadly, since he wanted to freaking eat Sonic. 

Zik was interesting, character wise, but was a joke when it came to fighting him. How are we supposed to believe this Fruit Ninja wannabe is really the one who trained Zavok and the others how to fight?! He was one of the weakest and easiest bosses to fight!

I liked Zazz for his psychotic and wild behavior. Just watching the character zip across the screen was kind of amusing.

Zavok is the best, not only design, voice, and personality wise, but for also being the only member of the Zetis to actually have some challenging boss fights against. Zavok is worthy of being compared to as the Bowser of the Sonic franchise, since he shares a similar bad ass design with Bowser. He was the only member of his gang to take things seriously, the others were too goofy, useless, or anti climatic, yet Zavock was the only one to really have build up to actually fighting him, in both cutscenes and gameplay.

11 hours ago, Zippo said:

They're incredibly boring, annoying, basic, shitty archetypes. They're just more proof that Pontac and Graff need to stay far away from the games. 

This. I agree sega has a slew of villians. These are some I hope stay at the bottom.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the Deadly Six were a great concept that was squandered

Their designs are pretty good - mostly fitting Sonic design with their simplicity 

Their abilities were also great - I just wish the writers had changed their power from controlling magnetic fields to controlling electromagnetic fields - electromagnetic fields include magnetic fields, electric fields, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of light (radio waves, microwaves, infrared light, visible light, ultraviolet light, x-rays, and gamma rays)  - this would almost literally explain so many other powers from Zavok's fire (infrared light which is also known as thermal radiation) to Zor's darkness (visible light) - it should be noted Master Ziks's ability to use a seeming Silver-like psychokinesis on fruit and his staff is actually already explainable with magnetic fields, the water that makes up the majority of the fruit's composition and the wood of the staff are diamagnetic materials that can be repelled by powerful magnetic fields. It is almost as if the writers were going to make their abilities electromagnetic only to dumb it down to magnetic afterward.

However, they were wasted by their bland stereotypical personalities and terrible boss fights that did not make them threatening

they did have potential to be interesting, but just like everything else in Lost World in my opinion, they weren't executed very well and now instead of being truly deadly villains like Sega tends to act like they are, they just come across as generic and 1 dimensional instead in my opinion.

On 11/2/2013 at 2:38 PM, Ratcicle King said:

What I liked about the six is that they are pretty much Sonic's Ginyu Force, they look funny, act funny, but boy, can they make some damage. One of the things that REALLY got me was how at the end of the game they pretty much won if it wasn't for Tails, and how even after that, they put up a good fight against Sonic, heck, when they attacked Sonic at the bridge was pretty much the point where I noticed ''Wow, they're REALLY out of control now'' and the endgame loves to show you how much they're trying to stop you, they're literally throwing EVERYTHING they can at you by Lava Mountain, and thats why it's so great, and I love how they got a lot more feral after absorbing the energy from the planet, Zazz didn't change much, since he was a lot feral already, Master Zik agrees with Zazz on going LEROY JENKINS on Sonic, and Zomom pretty much ignores his hunger to kill Sonic after Zik mentions the ''Revenge is a dish best served cold'' thing, then we have Zeena, who while on the other cutscenes wasnt that much trying to kill Sonic, but here, she went all out, Zor, who while throwing more of his hilarious lines, actually insults Sonic and Im pretty sure he showed some emotion on his ''ready to battle'' animation before the boss fight. And Zavok, dear lord. Compare his animations on the final fight to the ones on his Mini-boss and main boss on Sky road... Noticed something different? On the first two animations he's calm, collected and simply stretching for a battle, acting as if it was nothing, on Lava Mountain? HE JUMPS OUT OF NOWHERE, PUNCHES HIS FISTS AND ROAR AT US, All while saying ''LETS PUT AN END TO THIS'' while the epic guitar solo plays... And even after defeated for the first time on that battle he doesn't give up, and if his after defeat dialogue is anything to go by, EVEN THEN he doesn't give up.

Wow, I never really thought about that. Guess it explains why Zeena suddenly seems more interested in the plan and implies she'd outright eat Sonic.

The Deadly Six... I'm pretty okay with the Sonic series having the "villiain of the week" formula. After all, it's Sonic and not a JRPG, but they're as one dimensional as you can get. I do enjoy their designs, since the reveal of Zeena I haven't gotten even of her. I wouldn't be excited to see them come back, more so because Lost World was a painful experience for me, but hey... who knows.

Generally, yeah they're pretty disliked. 

But I'll be honest, I love those guys. Comical villains that can be a threat and you know, the main series could use reoccurring secondary villains. I mean, yeah we could always bring back Nack and I guess Bean/Bark if we use their Archie portrayals. But there's probably a messy reason why they aren't incorporated yet in the games, maybe, I don't know.

But I found the D6 to be an entertaining bunch. I love Zazz being an absolute nutjob, he's just fun and I can tell Pontac/Graff had great fun writing his dialogue! Zavok is honestly a competent Mephiles and he has a presence to him. Zor is just as entertaining, just love him! Zik and Zomom have some decent traits that could be fleshed out a bit more if given the opportunity and Zeena is probably the weakest link so yeah, give her more stuff to do besides being the bitch. Oh yeah, and develop their bonds between each other and you already got a great set of entertaining villains that can be legitimate threats!

i love lost world ok

19 minutes ago, Soni said:

Generally, yeah they're pretty disliked.

Debatable. It'd be wiser to acknowledge them as more middle-ground in that regard, if we're talking general consensus, given that there clearly is a fandom for them, the problem is how a bit of their potential in character and much in the boss battles was sadly underused in their debut on the home console version.

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Debatable. It'd be wiser to acknowledge them as more middle-ground in that regard, if we're talking general consensus, given that there clearly is a fandom for them, the problem is how a bit of their potential in character and much in the boss battles was sadly underused in their debut on the home console version.

There's a following for any and every Sonic character.

But I don't see the general public seem very fond of the Zeti, it is what it is.

1 minute ago, Soni said:

But I don't see the general public seem very fond of the Zeti, it is what it is.

Hence why it's middle ground, still no where near general dislike. There's still potential for them and they're no where near disliked as much as the likes of Mephiles who's  considered by the general public to be a waste of thought, game space, and Dan Green.

But even Mephilies has a strong following due to him being the only villian to legit kill Sonic. (Still doesn't top Eggman being one of the few to defeat Super Sonic tho)

On March 8, 2017 at 1:44 AM, Zippo said:

I know that. I'm referring to them being very poorly written.

That whole game had hiccups, and as much as I criticize the direction of things as of late I don't think that's something to fault Pontac and Graff that much.

I'm not saying that they don't have the potential to be great characters because I didn't said that, I thought that was made pretty obviously in the rest of my post but ok.

2 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

But even Mephilies has a strong following due to him being the only villian to legit kill Sonic.

Yeah, but let's be honest, nowadays that gets recognized as being the OP crud that it is. Considering how he literally could've done it at any point with little to no effort. Nowadays it's seen as a source of stupidity.

Honestly, it's just a matter of quality writing. Anything can look unappealing at first, but sometimes they surprise you and you end up liking something you didn't think you would.

This is why I don't fault the characters compared to others who see fit to use them as a scapegoat--I'm not a fan of the D6 in the games, but I am aware that they can fare much better if someone were to really bring them out and make them as deadly as their namesake.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Yeah, but let's be honest, nowadays that gets recognized as being the OP crud that it is. Considering how he literally could've done it at any point with little to no effort. Nowadays it's seen as a source of stupidity.

Well I wasn't trying to say it was any actual good. :P

Sorry for double post...posting sucks on mobile phone.

Edit-Oh wow, my post was merged! Me likey whatever the coding is that lets this happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Honestly, it's just a matter of quality writing. Anything can look unappealing at first, but sometimes they surprise you and you end up liking something you didn't think you would.

This is why I don't fault the characters compared to others who see fit to use them as a scapegoat--I'm not a fan of the D6 in the games, but I am aware that they can fare much better if someone were to really bring them out and make them as deadly as their namesake.

Largely agree on that regard.

3 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Well I wasn't trying to say it was any actual good. :P

Sorry for double post...posting sucks on mobile phone.

Eh, we cool there! I had the inkling you didn't mean it that way either.

Also thank goodness for the merging feature, eh?B)

• Thumbs Up 1