Awoo.

Gala's Art

gala

On 3/14/2016 at 0:00 PM, Galabance said:

In honour of Game Nights' 1st anniversary thanks to @Ryannumber1gamer, I decided to do a little something:

Hvjdtdr.png

a big ol' evening of fun with a bunch of buddies. I'll admit that the pic was a bit rushed, as I wanted to have it done as soon after to the 1st anniversary event as possible. There's obviously a few places where you can tell I cut corners lmao. From right to left:

P1: Locke (Galabance)

P2: Peiqe (Galabance)

P3: Tab (@Supt. Gabe)

P4: Emma (@Valentine's Playa Kirito)

P5: Jessica (@Spin Attaxx)

P6: Astria (Galabance)

I was thinking of putting more in, but I kept it small so I could finish it earlier. I regret not starting it earlier, as I would have been able to put more into it that way. Oh well, maybe next year :U

Note: The game box on the far right on the floor says "Super Motion Controls 8 for Vii U". It doesn't really show up well in the picture.

You guys got lucky my character wasn't there. His motion controlling skills would school you all!

(This is a seriously awesome piece Gala :D)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

The next villain design for @Forte-Metallix... Dr. Hax!

cJQ5bvt.png

(may be hard to read on some themes)

Dr. Hax is essentially the big bad of Project: Avant Garde, and Forte said he should look intimidating, but still retain a sense of goofy-ness. He also mentioned that the character may be Russian, so I incorperated that into his colour scheme.

• Thumbs Up 7

tumblr_inline_nmmf52PdPF1qkaqhs_500.gif

EEE-HEE-HEEEE!~

This is so perfect! I love the color scheme to match his ethnicity, and that "weak point" is so fitting! 

And yeah, Hax is meant to be both threatening and entertaining, like Dr. Eggman or Kaos. As this world's first real supervillain, he's spent years researching fictional villains so as not to repeat their mistakes, such as not shooting the hero when he has him at point-blank range, or designing boss mechs with obvious weak points. And he's working on a plan to mutate the entire planet's inhabitants into monstrous hybrids of HD sprites and old-school pixels!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

The third and final villain design for @Forte-Metallix: Unnamed Bird Creature (for now)!

dJACLBB.png

I'm not used to drawing animal characters (especially birds), so I feel like out of the 3 I've done, this one is the weakest.

And the somewhat hard-on-the-eyes colours on the peacock-esque feathers are intentional, Forte said they were for the creature to stun prey - so why not stun them with bright colours clashing together?

• Thumbs Up 5

Aw, thanks man! Jess looks cute!

Funny thing is, I actually do plan on TSOTS having a portrait-style dialogue system (though it's more like Undertale than KH:U or something), but because I have more ambition than sense, there'd be a lot more than just "normal face", "sad face" and "smarmy-prick face" :U

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...